• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:35 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta8

Started by PiBoSo, March 21, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

March 31, 2013, 01:15:19 AM #180 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:22:05 AM by oppolo
Quote from: Leonardo Ratafia on March 31, 2013, 01:10:01 AM
arrows would blow convert it into a bit arcadish, i guess virtual mirror would aswell...

so the only way i guess it's faster looking or an option for instant looking, like in LFS.

yes, I agree, but also an instant looking is arcadish (in fact in GSC and FT it has been disable), what about a stereo sound? problems with fps?

Leonardo Ratafia

it definitely should be faster, not instant, at least faster when looking forward, the back looking it's not bad, but it takes a lot to look forward again, that's the main problem i guess, you need to be looking forward very fast.

Herabrasil

Quote from: Eslotes on March 31, 2013, 12:14:03 AM
if that happend just register ...

where??   

website of piboso???
Herá moraes
Brazilian kart racer

tocameroke

Quote from: tocameroke on March 25, 2013, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 25, 2013, 12:53:52 AM
Quote from: tocameroke on March 25, 2013, 12:42:04 AM
.......and the physics of the first beta was much better XD.........THX!

Could you please write where exactly was Beta1 physics better than Beta8 one?
Original message:

Por supuesto, voy a intentar explicarselo. Mi primera impresion cuando jugaba en la beta 1 es que era mucho mas real la sensacion de conducir un kart real, con el comportamiento del coche en las curvas. Un kart por naturaleza tiende a resbalar de la parte trasera, pudiendo ser corregido con contravolante, si no recuerdo mal eso justo era lo que yo sentia en la beta 1: Drifting. Pero no se quien le aconseja sobre este aspecto, por otro lado cada dia somos mas exigentes con los simuladores y usamos todo tipo de perifericos para tener mas inmersion, por ejemplo TRACK IR. Podria usted decirme si eso será posible algun dia?  Espero no molestarle y gracias por su gran trabajo.

Google translate:

...Of course, I will try to explain it. My first impression when I played in the beta 1 is that it was much more real the feeling of driving a real-kart, with the car's behavior while cornering. A kart by nature tends to slide to the rear and can be corrected with countersteering, if I remember correctly it was just what I felt in the beta 1: Drifting. But do not know who advised on this issue, on the other hand each day we are more demanding with simulators and use all kinds of peripherals to get more immersion, for example TRACK IR. Could you tell me if this will be possible one day? I hope not to bother you and thanks for your great work!!

After seeing more in depth tested this new version, I say that is better than previous versions, but it should be easier for countersteer correction, and more power on KZ1 .. TrackIR and support!

Leonardo Ratafia

With the right setup the karts feel better. For the side views y would add more angle to the like a bit closer to looking over the shoulder or at least the option so people can change it to they like.
The full heading option should be faster when looking forward again, just record yourself when looking back and forward and you'll see that tou tend to watch to the front faster

fdg1997

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 31, 2013, 12:45:37 AM
Quote from: Leonardo Ratafia on March 31, 2013, 12:30:46 AM
could you please add a virtuar mirror option so it's better for racing? the left/right/back look it's too slow and can't race like that.

Head rotation was made slow on purpose to avoid abusing of look-back.
A virtual mirror is not an option, but what about an arrow on the bottom of the screen that points to your nearest opponent?

Piboso,for me its sounds Awesome!!!

nmpcs

personally I dont like arrows. I prefer to keep it as it is.
We all can hear an opponent closing by and I think the looking left, right and back are good enough.
Arrows will make the game look like arcade, not simulation as it is intended

Leonardo Ratafia

i agree, but when you move the head 90 degrees (as it seems in the sim) don´t forget that your eyes can look further, so yes, maybe you move the head 90 but you see 135 degrees at least, i don´t see the con on doing it faster or different, you can´t race properly if you are not looking forward to the track, you won't be any faster by looking around, it just would be helpfull imo.

but  no arrows please

Aritz

After several laps with KF3, I think KRP has one big problem that could explain two problems:

-When the kart do the jacking (one tyre on air), not only one tyre is on air, but the other has only 50% surface touching the asphalt (50 or 10, doesnt matter). And then the KRP's problem begins: I think tyre surface vs grip is not correctly simulated. Is like 50% less surface means 50% less grip, which is not correct at all (in karting at least) In fact, in karting less surface is even more grip! Not because less surface but because more weight in that tyre. I can't really say that the grip is increased when jacking but what I can say is that jacking doesn't increase spin probabilities :) This in KRP is not working like I expect.

-Due this grip problem the kart has a very high risk of spin when the engine pushes. Almost everytime the kart is jacking, if you push the accelerator, the kart starts spinning, even with low powered KF3! Of course this is 100 times worse with KZ. In real life to spin with a KF3 is "almost" impossible, even with KZ is not easy to do...

-And finally, the kerb grip problem could be the same issue... Once the kart loses part of the surface when you pass through a high kerb, the grip is reduced and you spin.

GhostriderPl

+1   Very good explained

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

oppolo

when I host a race with KZ1 and sigthing lap on, there is sighting lap for 5 min but also warmup for 5 min. is it right so?

Jakob98

Quote from: oppolo on April 03, 2013, 10:39:22 PM
when I host a race with KZ1 and sigthing lap on, there is sighting lap for 5 min but also warmup for 5 min. is it right so?
Yes ;)

oppolo

Quote from: Jakob98 on April 04, 2013, 04:21:31 PM
Quote from: oppolo on April 03, 2013, 10:39:22 PM
Yes ;)

mmm, the question is not clear, I meant, also in real life KZ1 do 5 minutes of sighting laps and then 5 minutes of warmup?

Emil114

KRP will be awesome if you make the new tonykart wheel!!!!:)