• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:33:54 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta8

Started by PiBoSo, March 21, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostriderPl

In kZ1 we use the same tires like the other classes like KF1.

Only when the tires are free (World Championships for example) we use the softest.

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

PiBoSo

Can someone please report the temperatures of all 4 tyres after 20 fast laps with the KF1 and the KZ1?

dibu

March 23, 2013, 02:15:27 PM #77 Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:18:49 PM by dibu
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 23, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Can someone please report the temperatures of all 4 tyres after 20 fast laps with the KF1 and the KZ1?

KZ1 - Zuera - 22° - 20 laps
see attached pic for temperatures.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on March 23, 2013, 02:15:27 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 23, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

KZ1 - Zuera - 22° - 20 laps

Thank you very much. Could you please do the same with the KF1, for comparison purposes?

Aritz

Tyre temp is quite high but what it is too high is the wear... Those tyres should last at least 2 races of 20 laps or even more easily.
!
By the way,  wsk has its next race on Zuera if I am not wrong, I can ask a friend about tyre temps and wear

McBidouille

If I remember my experience, the ideal temperature to have a fast kart is 70°C.
I didn't have this tyre problem while driving the KZ1 class.
Also my pressure is always about 0.65-0.7 bar. And it is important after a run to use the asymetric setting to regulate all the tyres to the same pressure as there is different forces practiced on it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: McBidouille on March 23, 2013, 03:14:44 PM
If I remember my experience, the ideal temperature to have a fast kart is 70°C.
I didn't have this tyre problem while driving the KZ1 class.
Also my pressure is always about 0.65-0.7 bar. And it is important after a run to use the asymetric setting to regulate all the tyres to the same pressure as there is different forces practiced on it.

In KRP the optimal temp is around 65C.

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 23, 2013, 02:49:37 PM
Thank you very much. Could you please do the same with the KF1, for comparison purposes?

KF1 - Zuera - 20° - 20 laps

Aritz

The tyre wear now is correct :) More inside than outside, good point :D

Michael Giles

Noobular Question:

How do you know if your running Beta 8 or 7,...after what I think was a clean install?

Michael,...
Sincerely,
Michael Giles
Tomah, Wisconsin 54660
U.S.A.

laraarsa

Quote from: Michael Giles on March 23, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
Noobular Question:

How do you know if your running Beta 8 or 7,...after what I think was a clean install?

Michael,...
If you can go online you have done it correct. If you get a message saying there is a new build, it has gone wrong

Serega

Worse feeling feedback. I disabled centering spring strength to better feel grip, but now I feel this force steering wheel returns to the center and to interrupt all the feelings.

Diddy4957

I dont know about KF1, but KF3 tires round zuera are used in CIK for 4 heats, same as WSK, and you get 6 tires for that because at the end of 3 heats the outside tyres begin to ware, and overheat easily as the track is very fast, with long corners. Then a new set for the pre final and final, which was about 30 round Zuera, in total, or 38 at any other track with a shorter lap time. By the end of the final the outside tires do begin to overheat and produce less grip, although they are still consistent.
(dont have exact temperature data)

Delano/SM

Quote from: Diddy4957 on March 21, 2013, 07:55:49 PM
for the most part its good, but I have random pixels in the middle of the steering wheel? This may just be my computer, but I wondered if anyone else had this. Zuera is really good

i have it too its damn frustrating but for the rest beta8 is awesome  ;)
if you no longer go for a gap,(that exist) you are no longer racing driver - Ayrton Senna

Michael Giles

From the list of Beta 8 features,.. what does this mean, if you please? 'possibility to choose texture quality and new texture compression'

Michael,...
Sincerely,
Michael Giles
Tomah, Wisconsin 54660
U.S.A.