• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:16:08 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta8

Started by PiBoSo, March 21, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serega

in general there is a decrease of coupling the rear wheels ... on acceleration no longer works so famously cut gas to the floor ... and grip in fast corners can suddenly gap, but I do not know how much it's realistic, because not driven on karts

Aritz

There is still room for improvements but it has to be said: It is way better than before :)

I've tested KF3 with MAX ackerman and after a few laps for heating and with a little rubber on track (5laps not more), the kart handles very good with a LOT less steerwheel turn.

I think that optimization has been improved a lot, isn't it? I've got a good computer, so my FPS have been high always, but now they are even higher :)

There are "buts" though:

-Kerbs are a big problem, you cannot touch them... Specially in Zuera, where the shape of the kerb is very bumpy and the kart goes to the sky or the hell.

-KZ1 can be shifted without lift off if you wait until the max RPM

-I would like more rear controllable slides at fast speed. I mean, fast curves should be done with a long slight rear and easy to mantain drift.

Anyway, good patch! 

Serega

test kz on hard chassic no problem with grip :) but my rear left wheel has heated up to 90 degrees

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on March 22, 2013, 05:29:41 PM
I think that optimization has been improved a lot, isn't it? I've got a good computer, so my FPS have been high always, but now they are even higher :)

A lot of optimizations have been integrated in Beta8, especially for long tracks like Yosemite :)

oppolo

- how carb works? I put 0 in the F100 and engine broke after few minutes even if temp was 45

- FFB: I would like to feel more "vibrations" during turns, now is only a centering spring equal in strainght both turn, do you have same feeling or I have a wrong setup of wheel?

EVO

Oppolo the kart shpuld beake at carb 0. Thats very lean. Almost now fuel/oil. Use fir qualifying
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

It wouldbe realistic to be able to adjust will driving
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 05:45:19 PM
Quote from: Aritz on March 22, 2013, 05:29:41 PM

A lot of optimizations have been integrated in Beta8, especially for long tracks like Yosemite :)

140-160 FPS onboard with a 207Mb track with thousends of objects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMvB7-2xoYE&feature=youtu.be

(The track is unfinished and I am not allowed to share it, please don't ask for the link :) )

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on March 22, 2013, 06:12:09 PM
It wouldbe realistic to be able to adjust will driving

Not for the KZ, which has a Dell Orto carb (not "carburable" on the fly)

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 12:45:49 PM
Quote from: Aritz on March 22, 2013, 11:55:51 AM
Downloading  8)

Is a new track exporter built? Are the not darkened areas fixed with rain?

Track tools haven't been updated yet.
Please report if there are rendering errors.

I've render the track with Max 2010 with no problems today. Is the 2012 exporter working? I've seen the file data and it is 2012, so no changes/not working?

Any expected release data for the new exporter with the darkened opacity channel working?

I want to finish the track as soon as possible :) thx

Schwoni

i used now: ackerman= min, steer ratio= max and caster 12 it feels much better now. Almost 1 sec faster but if the klart start drifting still very difficult to handle.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 04:28:42 PM
The same problem has already been reported.
Please try changing the steer ratio from STD to MAX, and lowering caster from 10 to 8.
Please report if this helps.

Changing the steer ratio from STD to MAX fixed the problem, it's much better. ;)

I haven't tried the caster yet.

Kartonero

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on March 22, 2013, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 04:28:42 PM
The same problem has already been reported.
Please try changing the steer ratio from STD to MAX, and lowering caster from 10 to 8.
Please report if this helps.

Changing the steer ratio from STD to MAX fixed the problem, it's much better. ;)

I haven't tried the caster yet.

+1

yesterday I had the same feelings as Schwoni.

Less caster helps a lot to fix that.

KRP is back! ;D

oppolo

yes, with STD steering ratio is too much short

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on March 22, 2013, 07:19:00 PM
yes, with STD steering ratio is too much short

Thank you for the feedback.