• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:58 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphafloor

Other suggestion: not being disqualified for going too SLOW on the formation lap.

At the moment it's quite annoying because if someone in front of you makes a mistake, you can be disqualified if you slow down too much to avoid the collision.

Presently the speed range is 20-59 kph during formation lap, I think 0-59 kph would be more relevant.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 08, 2011, 03:47:26 PM
Quote from: The Iceman Marco on August 08, 2011, 12:48:47 PM
I've tried my own Mychron, the only difference I had was that my Mychron didn't give "DIFF". The rest was exactly the same. I found that picture on the internet, and I didn't know if I had that "DIFF" thing, but I don't have that in real.

This should be correct.

It is.  ;)

oppolo

Quote from: alphafloor on August 08, 2011, 04:20:53 PM
Other suggestion: not being disqualified for going too SLOW on the formation lap.

At the moment it's quite annoying because if someone in front of you makes a mistake, you can be disqualified if you slow down too much to avoid the collision.

Presently the speed range is 20-59 kph during formation lap, I think 0-59 kph would be more relevant.

how is in real? if in real were 20-59 then krp is correct

Aritz

Yes but in real world! You have to think that in a real race, the marshalls are watching the race and they are able to realise when the pilot is running slow because of the crash of the others pilots. In KRP the penalty is automatic, no matter what :)

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on August 08, 2011, 07:19:03 PM
Yes but in real world! You have to think that in a real race, the marshalls are watching the race and they are able to realise when the pilot is running slow because of the crash of the others pilots. In KRP the penalty is automatic, no matter what :)

ok,
so in my opinion people have to improve thear skill in rolling start, also in offline, and not to be krp make compromises for people that are not able to do one lap or two at a speed around 50 km-h without a crash, if they crash in this situation how in in the race?

Aritz

lol

you are right, of course you are :D But you know the people... and we can be disqualified with no reason for their fault :(

arisfaria

Hey piboso, is there a way that you can like link the tyres/wheels with the chassis?, because it actually looks like they move independently from the chassis..

EVO

they do.  The physics engine and graphics engine appear linked.  If the chassis could be appear rigid and still produce the phiysics...  It is very difficult to create chassis flex and tire force absorbtion deflection in a video game.  Maybe if the rear axle flexed with the rear wheels and the front tires and tie rods were hard mounted to the chassis becuase they are the most noticalbe when playing the game. Maybe chassis vibration

imgoing to try this

pibosso
"Since Beta2 it is possible to adjust g-forces effect on the on-board camera, but it's not easy to do.
In Kart Racing Pro installation directory, misc.pkz must be unpacked. Then view.cfg can be edited ( it is a text file ).
If there are many requests editing of these parameters can be, in future releases, integrated with the interface and separate for each profile."

Default settings
lat_factor = 0.03           
vert_factor = 0.03       
long_factor = 0.05         
pitch_factor = 1.5         
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

ENNKT

EVO

I just finished working on the file

goto your installation directory and rename misc.pkz   to misc.zip and unpack it

inside misc folder rename view.cfg to view.cfg.old

copy my view.cfg

if you dont like it you can always delete it and rename the old one

I used these factors
lat_factor = 0.07
vert_factor = 0.1
long_factor = 0.05
pitch_factor = 1.5

enhanced g forces and more realistic curb action
http://www.mediafire.com/file/57rp1i5in57ejth/view.cfg

Aritz

PiBoSo

Quote from: evo1087 on October 23, 2011, 04:42:43 AM

goto your insalation directory and rename misc.pkz   to misc.pkz.old  click yes

copy my misc.pkz  if you dont like it you can alawys delete it and rename the old one

I used these factors
lat_factor = 0.07
vert_factor = 0.1
long_factor = 0.05
pitch_factor = 1.5

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t71d6c01v8ml3bt/misc.pkz

You don't need to repack the original misc.pkz, just create a directory called "Misc" and copy the new file inside it.
It will override the original one.

dibu

If I replace my misc.pkz with the downloaded version from evo, I get some strange effects.

- The background of the welcome screen is completely black, no gray at the lower half of the screen.

- The framerate counter (showfps=1 in Profile.ini) is completely gray, no white numbers

- No visible changes while driving

If I go the way PiBoSo proposed it works and you see the difference while driving.

- But try to drive on a bumpy track like Goldenport and you see that the values are too high for those tracks. The kart seems to jump.

For the moment I'm back to the original values.

EVO

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 23, 2011, 11:16:31 AM
Quote from: evo1087 on October 23, 2011, 04:42:43 AM

goto your insalation directory and rename misc.pkz   to misc.pkz.old  click yes

copy my misc.pkz  if you dont like it you can alawys delete it and rename the old one

I used these factors
lat_factor = 0.07
vert_factor = 0.1
long_factor = 0.05
pitch_factor = 1.5

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t71d6c01v8ml3bt/misc.pkz

You don't need to repack the original misc.pkz, just create a directory called "Misc" and copy the new file inside it.
It will override the original one.

I just thought id make it easier and I made it worse.  Fixed the post

Goldenport is a very nicely done track.  Is it a kart track though? it seems very wide, with long straights and too rough for a kart. I did this becuase the majoirty of the tracks you dont get the knock in the kidneys you would if you hit a curb in a actual kart. 

dibu

Hi evo1087, sorry I didn't want to offend you. You are right, we have a lot of tracks which benefit from your mod.

I should have added to my post, that I'm simlpy too lazy to change the view.cfg, depending on the track where I want to drive.
And yesterday I felt like I should drive some laps at Goldenport (no kart track);)