• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:43:15 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:33:42 AM by EVO
The thread is for fixes to the current version

Organized by most votes
LIKE +1
DISLIKE -1

If your suggestion is gone it is probably already in the latest release. If it  is missing from the list PM me.

PHYSICS

• More rear wheel spin especially on cold tires and wet
  • More realistic KZ1 torque curve. little low rpm torque and drop off at 14500rpm by Aritz
  • Too much forward grip on grass by EVO1087
  • F100 cannot roll backward by EVO1087
  • no lift shifting should not be possible due to load on transmission by Aritz

WET CONDITIONS

• Less grass sticks to tires and cleans off fast by Artiz
  • Wet tires up to temperature fast by Aritz
  • Greater wet tire air pressure required for optimal temp by Aritz
  • Grass ,Soil, and sand should not have the particles effect in the wet by Aritz
  • Marbles disabled in rain by oppolo
  • No skidding sound in wet conditions by Aritz
  • Wet tires require more air pressure to reach optimal temperature than normal tires by Aritz
  • Some more grip with slicks in rain by Diddy4957

• No disqualification for going too slow on warm up lap  by Alphafloor
  • Revert to previous betas warm up lap skip method, once every driver was on track and on his position, the countdown was stopped and the lights started to go to red by Alphafloors
  • Time penalty for passing under yellow flag by Alphafloors

TRACKS

• Tracks with camber have the problem that the FFB reacts wrong in the opposite effects by Schwoni

KART

• Tire independent of hub so axle stays centered in hub by EVO1087
  • Hard to start in cold conditions and hand choke helps start up  by Intrepid James
  • Kingpin and caster/camber plate  by EVO1087
  • Fuel tank breather line by EVO1087
  • Brake line and master cylinders by Schwoni
  • Hand choke faster and only works once the hand reaches the airbox. Also it does not shut off the engine until its been choked for more than 2 seconds. by EVO1087

ADDONS

• Dashes position varies per kart some straight others rotated.Dash mount rotated 2 degrees to the left

OTHER

• Momentarily disable force feedback on track while the escape menu is raised online by siklosi

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

T.J. Koyen

Good points. However, I wouldn't recommend adding the hand choke gesture unless it actually was functional. I don't want to just choke it to look cool. And I'm pretty sure there's a lot of technical data that has to be integrated to full simulate the engine and the actual detonation of the fuel and heat relationships to make it realistic when choking. Unless you just make choking the engine drop the temp a few degrees.  :P But without proper carb tuning, choking the engine seems pretty useless since we can't run it extra lean anyway.

I read on Kart Sim's (sorry for bringing it up Piboso!) blog about how they fully modeled the engine to almost 100% realism so you'll be able to adjust the carb and see results in your exhaust gas temperature as you would in real life. Pretty impressive stuff. They've got a team working on their sim though, where Pib has just himself. Also their sim isn't released yet and has been in development for years so who knows what is actually going on there.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

-     fuel lines in cockpit view.

has real driver it?

-     exhaust smoke at low rpm loads (GT5) by EVO1087

i don't care so much and it is only with cold engine, endeed it require more grafichal power

-     driver tuck gesture. (Club Kart by Sega) by EVO1087

what is "tuck"? google translator can't help me, anyway we have already 4 gesture, i use only 1

-     hand choke gesture(Super 1 Karting) to prevent engine sieze at high temperatures. by EVO1087

is it used also in modern kart?

-     make it harder to look back. Players take advantage of this. looks funny in replays,

remove look back and make it faster and more angle using the heading buttons.   by EVO1087

infact eyes are turned of 180

-     tire deformation (LFS) and axle flex opposed to hubs absorbing force.  by Airesisor

better not to show axel moving inside the wheels

-     tire pressure change should be shown in the garage after driving by Alphafloor

yes

-     engine temperture more realistic "rise up to 150° but nothing special happened!" by Alphafloor

-     radiotor cover ups for cold days to allow enigne to run at optimum temperature by Alphafloor

i thought there is a controller temperature

-     A realistic Race day with the same tires for qualifiying and race by Artiz

yes

-     winner acknowledgment  by Artiz 

after the race there are results, there you can see who won

- no automatic clutch in ks1 when it is below a certain speed

- more power in the ks1 brakes

- less dirt on the visor

- sound of the error during changing gear on ks1 louder

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on June 02, 2011, 10:08:03 AM

- no automatic clutch in ks1 when it is below a certain speed

Again: there is no automatic clutch on the shifters, at any kart speed or engine rpm!

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 02, 2011, 10:31:28 AM
Again: there is no automatic clutch on the shifters, at any kart speed or engine rpm!

mmm, anyway there is something strange in this situation:
engine stopped+clutch not pulled+1st or 2nd gear in - the kart goes down the hill

i tested just now, maybe there is too less brake engine, because as soon as i pull the clutch, the kart take more speed, so you are right, it is not the clutch

Aritz

When I spoke about final results, I was talking about something like this:

Maybe not so real, I know, but... We are in front of a screen, with a beer near the computer... not so real either :D

EVO

lol Artiz Ill update it . speaking of beers drinking a Yuengling at the moment. great points on hand choking TJ

alphafloor

Suggestion: an option for the Admin to define the maximum number of visor tear-offs usable per race.

Racehard

Even with automatic idle on all engines should be turned off after spawning, so that there is still a need of the electric starter at the KC1/3 classes.
It would be best if this was an additional option, newbies would maybe have problems to start the engine then, if they don't know about the starter button. (Or a note would do it aswell)

EVO

Eslotes

I suggest more numbers 0 - 999, because some one drivers like Max Verstappen as got 301 :) and more ryders
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

alphafloor

+1* for the "driver tuck gesture", even better if that gives a small reduction in the drag

EVO

oppolo

Quote from: alphafloor on June 09, 2011, 07:25:16 PM
+1* for the "driver tuck gesture", even better if that gives a small reduction in the drag

so, i would have another button for to use it in all the straight   ??? mmm , how much real could be?