• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:23:05 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta10b

Started by PiBoSo, November 25, 2013, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Kart Racing Pro beta10b released: http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/kart.exe

To apply it, overwrite kart.exe in Kart Racing Pro installation folder.

Changelog:
fix: force feedback
fix: collisions
fix: xml penalties export
fix: challenge html export
fix: dedicated server xml export
fix: dedicated server replay save

Birel-Rotax 42

The new feedback is almost too good. The wheel won't stop shaking when I'm going in a straight line. I try increasing the linearity and deadzone, but that just takes away the actual feedback given by the wheel. I have only tried this for about 15 minutes, but I know there is something I am doing wrong.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on November 25, 2013, 11:35:13 PM
The new feedback is almost too good. The wheel won't stop shaking when I'm going in a straight line. I try increasing the linearity and deadzone, but that just takes away the actual feedback given by the wheel. I have only tried this for about 15 minutes, but I know there is something I am doing wrong.

Please try setting FF linearity at 100% and FF deadzone at 15%.

Birel-Rotax 42

When I get to 100% linearity and 15% deadzone, there is no feeling in the wheel. I am trying 10% deadzone, and cranking up the logitech profiler ffb force.

oppolo

the FFB is better because there isn't anymore the loss of power when the wheel reached a certain angle of rotation.

the power is also stronger but this is easily settable as we like because you did a good job in this thing

in my opinion the problem of FFB is caused by tracks' surfaces, they are too flat, I'm not driving my car of every day, I'm driving a kart, I should feel in my wheel the small depressions of the tarmac, instead I feel the tarmac as flat as a pool, so the FFB is almost only a centering spring. I'm not saying I would like the exaggerations of realfeel plugin for gmotor based games, but I would like to feel better what is under front wheels, but maybe there is really only a very flat surface

why I'm saying is tracks's fault? because in goldenport the situation of FFB is better

maxrod

This is not a gmotor based game and I cant see that it has anything to do with the track as the tracks would be coded the same the only differents would be how the mesh in the model would have a impact, I beleive to represent a kart in real life it is to light it takes much more work driving a real kart, as I have said in a previous post if you look at f1 or pcars they are way stronger.

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on November 26, 2013, 11:54:37 AM
the power is also stronger but this is easily settable as we like because you did a good job in this thing

Could you please post the force feedback settings you are using?

PiBoSo

Full download updated:
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

Mirrors with a direct link are welcome.

HornetMaX

Oppolo, I think you should try with "Utilizza impostazioni speciali di gioco" and "Consenti al gioco di adattare le impostazioni" both checked, otherwise the G25 settings will override KRP settings which, in my opinion, makes little sense. A game that has a full handling of FFB should never use the Logitech default settings (my opinion, again).

Side note for piboso: do you have a G25/27 ? I think it's a "must have" for you, no way you can handle this important stuff just from the feedback from the users.

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

PiBoSo

Quote from: VELOCIPEDE on November 26, 2013, 09:53:49 PM
direct link from drivingitalia server -> http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3451

Thank you.
It requires registration, though, so it cannot be added to the list of mirrors.

oppolo

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 26, 2013, 09:28:53 PM
Oppolo, I think you should try with "Utilizza impostazioni speciali di gioco" and "Consenti al gioco di adattare le impostazioni" both checked, otherwise the G25 settings will override KRP settings which, in my opinion, makes little sense. A game that has a full handling of FFB should never use the Logitech default settings (my opinion, again).

Side note for piboso: do you have a G25/27 ? I think it's a "must have" for you, no way you can handle this important stuff just from the feedback from the users.

MaX.

boh, I just  tried them checked but I feel the same, anyway those settings are not the default ones

i'm not saying FFB is bad, but...but...have you tried goldenport? that is more or less what I mean, look here how many vibrations http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UWmn3JI0L8g#t=129 , and when you push the wheel, that force is used also for lift the internal rear wheel. I know it's impossible to match exactly the reality....but... ::)

...look also at the steering ratio, krp don't reach that, we have to turn our wheel more

LauZzZn

yes the steering angle is something piboso has to change. i noticed this very soon in earlier versions. it became better but it is still not good. Here is one more example how steering in real works (by the way, i had the pole in this race :D ) http://youtu.be/-N6cd0lHuhE
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport