• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:28:05 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta10b

Started by PiBoSo, November 25, 2013, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

I found a configuration slighty better

Michael Giles

PiBoSo,

Don't know what you did, would not understand it any way but, the 10b Version seems like an entirely different Simulation.

Set-ups are a snap now, I can do spot on what I would do at a Real-World track, and the resultant is Real!

Now get this; Previously my in Sim Testing yielded 37 FPS,..now it is at, plus-minus 65 FPS,..that's with any Kart on Lonato, Long, dry.

Fab Job,
Cheers,
Michael Giles,
Tomah, Wisconsin  54660
U.S.
Sincerely,
Michael Giles
Tomah, Wisconsin 54660
U.S.A.

DjFIL

http://youtu.be/pjOUTDQsFbI

Not sure if the issue was never found/fixed... or if it's returned in KRP 10b.  It's the very odd wobble stop after a big sideways slide.  How to embed video?  And sorry for quality.  Couldn't figure out direct feed recording using nVidia ShadowPlay... not sure if that works with KRP actually.

Flamber

December 01, 2013, 08:48:56 AM #18 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:16:20 AM by Flamber
 Don't know why,but I had no luck running the kart.exe you shared,Piboso..I am getting some ODE(not sure if this is it) and a Runtime error..At the beginning everything is fine,but when I go to the track and hear the engine sound,the game stops responding.I will just download the full install and see if it will behave better..
EDIT: Just installed the game freshly,and still have the same errors..
-ODE INTERNAL ERROR1 (something including math files)
- RUNTIME ERROR

Gonna add screens.

SECOND EDIT: Just to mention that I'm getting this error in both Testing and Multiplayer modes.Just saw the early thread..

THIRD EDIT+SCREENS: Okay,after some testing,I finally came to the conclusion that the FFB is causing the problem.Tried different variations,some of them are:

-No FFB,wheel spin set to 270*,the spin works fine. : The game works FINE
-FFB set to 50%,dead zone enabled on different degrees and also linearity enabled on different percentages : The game CRASHES
-FFB set to 100%,no dead zone and linearity set to 0 : The game CRASHES

After these experiments,I'm sure that the FFB is the problem.

Screens: http://imgur.com/a/XtQpL

I hope this will help the improvement of the software.
-Regards,Flamber.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on December 01, 2013, 07:57:56 AM

Not sure if the issue was never found/fixed... or if it's returned in KRP 10b.  It's the very odd wobble stop after a big sideways slide.  How to embed video?  And sorry for quality.  Couldn't figure out direct feed recording using nVidia ShadowPlay... not sure if that works with KRP actually.

This is a limitation of the tyre model. It only happens when the tyres are going perfectly lateral.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Michael Giles on December 01, 2013, 03:06:45 AM
PiBoSo,

Don't know what you did, would not understand it any way but, the 10b Version seems like an entirely different Simulation.

Set-ups are a snap now, I can do spot on what I would do at a Real-World track, and the resultant is Real!

Now get this; Previously my in Sim Testing yielded 37 FPS,..now it is at, plus-minus 65 FPS,..that's with any Kart on Lonato, Long, dry.

Fab Job,
Cheers,
Michael Giles,
Tomah, Wisconsin  54660
U.S.

Very good to hear  :)

DjFIL

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 01, 2013, 10:26:50 AM
Quote from: DjFIL on December 01, 2013, 07:57:56 AM

This is a limitation of the tyre model. It only happens when the tyres are going perfectly lateral.
Oh I see.  Something on the looking for a fix list... but I'm guessing low priority as it's probably pretty rare.  And that's fine.

Flamber

Quote from: Flamber on December 01, 2013, 08:48:56 AM
Don't know why,but I had no luck running the kart.exe you shared,Piboso..I am getting some ODE(not sure if this is it) and a Runtime error..At the beginning everything is fine,but when I go to the track and hear the engine sound,the game stops responding.I will just download the full install and see if it will behave better..
- RUNTIME ERROR

Gonna add screens.

SECOND EDIT: Just to mention that I'm getting this error in both Testing and Multiplayer modes.Just saw the early thread..

THIRD EDIT+SCREENS: Okay,after some testing,I finally came to the conclusion that the FFB is causing the problem.Tried different variations,some of them are:

-FFB set to 50%,dead zone enabled on different degrees and also linearity enabled on different percentages : The game CRASHES

-Regards,Flamber.

Anybody can help?Or I will just have to wait till the next version..?

PiBoSo

- RUNTIME ERROR

Gonna add screens.

-Regards,Flamber.

Which kart are you using?

nmpcs

I only have one word for this new beta... Greatness :D

Flamber

December 02, 2013, 04:42:40 PM #25 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:01:33 PM by Flamber
Quote from: PiBoSo on December 02, 2013, 03:53:40 PM
- RUNTIME ERROR

Gonna add screens.

-Regards,Flamber.

CRG KF1 when I was testing it,also with the KF3 in Lonato..It is happening with all the karts in the game..

PiBoSo

Quote from: Flamber on December 02, 2013, 04:42:40 PM
- RUNTIME ERROR

Gonna add screens.

-Regards,Flamber.

CRG KF1 when I was testing it,also with the KF3 in Lonato..But I think it is happening with all the karts.

Have you tried a clean install, deleting all files ( except license.ini ) in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/Kart Racing Pro/ ?

PiBoSo

Flamber

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 02, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: Flamber on December 02, 2013, 04:42:40 PM
- RUNTIME ERROR

Gonna add screens.

-Regards,Flamber.

CRG KF1 when I was testing it,also with the KF3 in Lonato..But I think it is happening with all the karts.

Have you tried a clean install, deleting all files ( except license.ini ) in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/Kart Racing Pro/ ?

No. Gonna do it right now. :)

Flamber

Did everything you said and still the same..This time crashed at Essay...