• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:18:04 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

yes thats sometimes a problem with rf conversions. you can split them up but that needs very very much time! you have to select every poly itself..
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Nitrox

September 01, 2013, 11:56:20 AM #376 Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:14:22 PM by Nitrox
OK I just found out that I can select polygons by material, it even shows which materials a certain object contains. Problem is, I can only do this to a single objects, but there are plenty of them.

What would be the proper way to join all the surface elements to just 1 surface so I can activate the polygon selector again? I can select the objects by name but don't know how to join them to a single object...

Edit: Well I think 3dsMax is capable of this. I managed to select all polygons by applying poly modifier, then selecting by material. Task would know be to convert all those selected polys to a single object.... Anyone?

Aritz

You can attach all the pieces of the whole track, then select polygons by material and detach them after.

Nitrox

Thats what I want. Could you explain this to a 3ds noob?  ::)

Thank you!

Aritz

Select one piece of the track (i call it piece because it looks like a piece of a puzzle)

Then the little button close to "attach", which is attach list.

Select all the pieces of the track, NOT the rest (buildings, fences...) They are usually named as ROAD I think.

Now you have a big object.

Now select one tarmac polygon and then "select ID", it will select ALL the tarmac textured polygons.

Detach them as new object, not clone, nor element. Put the name now if you want (TRKASPH01 for example)

Do the same for the grass, kerbs, concretes, etc

Nitrox

Quote from: Aritz on September 01, 2013, 01:47:18 PM
Select one piece of the track (i call it piece because it looks like a piece of a puzzle)

Then the little button close to "attach", which is attach list.

Select all the pieces of the track, NOT the rest (buildings, fences...) They are usually named as ROAD I think.

Now you have a big object.

Now select one tarmac polygon and then "select ID", it will select ALL the tarmac textured polygons.

Detach them as new object, not clone, nor element. Put the name now if you want (TRKASPH01 for example)

Do the same for the grass, kerbs, concretes, etc

Thanks a thousand time, thats exactly how it works! Saves a lot of time, really!

SAMTAHERI

Hi Piboso and racehard,

i followed the tutorial and i went through it several times. the map looks good on map view and all track and texture and center line are done accordingly. but when i run the KRP there is absolutely nothing. everything is black and there is only the kart.
i noticed the skydome files don't show. i mean i have no sky, it makes no difference when i change to rainy or cloudy or sunny. i copied the files from lonato. but lonato track shows its sky and not mine.
please help.
Sam Taheri

noss69

You must miss him the file "nametrack.amb" that manages the light, and your image sand texture that reflects black see it, this is due to the double polygons.

SAMTAHERI

I did copy the .amb file and KRP keeps on crashing. the track looks great on map viewer but KRP crashes as soon as i click on to track button. if i remove the amb file it doesn't show anything in track. everything is black and after a few meters drive the kart falls from sky.
any suggestion ?
Sam Taheri

LauZzZn

i dont know maybe the "go to pit,do nothing and click done and then go to track-trick" ist still working :D try it out it helped me on some tracks
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

SAMTAHERI

Quote from: LauZzZn on September 30, 2013, 07:30:57 AM
i dont know maybe the "go to pit,do nothing and click done and then go to track-trick" ist still working :D try it out it helped me on some tracks

i did that too. not much of a difference as i think i still haven't gotten the .amb file right as KRP crashes when the file is there. could use some instruction on that one.
Sam Taheri

noss69

You can specify the size of the file .map ? and number of poly 3dsmax

SAMTAHERI

Quote from: noss69 on September 30, 2013, 01:51:14 PM
You can specify the size of the file .map ? and number of poly 3dsmax
it's about 11.3 mb i don't really know the number of poly 3dsmax. but you can download the track i made here and tell me if i'm doing anything wrong. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi2wtdjufuon830/Alain.pkz
cheers
Sam Taheri

noss69

modif the position of pit in file .rdf use relative position
copy original file .amb and rename

error in te file Alain.ini :

[ui]
pic=line.bmp replace pic=line.tga

[data]
code = 0 replace code = (registered code at the end of the export in .trp)

Aritz

Your track has a very tiny 2nd sky model... Why did you make a second sky? Use Piboso's only and delete that little one yours. If not, the rain or the cloudy skies will never exist.

Your sun position is very very far from the center (x=0 and y=0), why is that?

I can't find anything else, because noss69 is not right, those are not a problem