• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:55:46 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

February 14, 2014, 04:26:43 AM #405 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:30:21 AM by Birel-Rotax 42
Did you use all of the correct prefixes when naming materials in 3ds? I know with a lot of my fantasy tracks like Dubai that if you don't enter correct prefixes/objects don't have correct labelings (ex. TRKCASPH) the game crashes. Also, you must have all of the necessary track pieces using TrackEd, tools, etc. You must have center lines, grids, start lanes, etc. otherwise the game will crash.

maxrod

It will be nothing to do with the name go in tracked again and make sure your centre line is complete as this is most peoples problems thinking it is connected when it is not.

GFS

Hi,

when I import a rFactor track into 3dsmax 2010, using this tutorial I get all black display of the geometry. I cannot even see the materials in the material editor. Everything is in the multi subobject is black.

Installed:
Win XP in virtual box on Mac OS 10.9.1
3dsmax 2010
rFactor Max Plugins 32 bit for Max 2010
hardwareshaders
GMT import script.

This happens when importing dds and tga, so conversion does not change it.

What could it be?

LauZzZn

If the materials are black, then they arent imported. Maybe you placed them wrong, deleted them or gave the wrong path
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

GFS

Nope, that's not it. I tried a couple of times with all combinations of the settings. Always, the textures remain black. I can't import any rFactor track with textures on my machine with the plugin as described in this tread.

Wierd...

By the way LauZzZn, are you german too?

maxrod

The problem could be to do with XP in virtual box, Have you tried it on a windows machine.

GFS

No I do not have a windows machine. But I figure, it shouldn't be at render time if the textures are imported properly. However, when I render in scanline  the track stays black too

LauZzZn

Quote from: GFS on February 22, 2014, 09:38:59 PM
Nope, that's not it. I tried a couple of times with all combinations of the settings. Always, the textures remain black. I can't import any rFactor track with textures on my machine with the plugin as described in this tread.

Wierd...

By the way LauZzZn, are you german too?
Yes I am from germany ;)
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

maxrod

If the track is black it means that there is no texture just the material, Do you get errors on importing? Can you see textures in material editor? What I am trying to work out if the plugins will work with your machine I think you will find that there is something missing, If I for instance ran windows XP on windows 7 then btb will not work if you get what I mean, That is why it would be good to know if it works on another pc to know if it is something you are not getting right? have you tried to add your own textures?.

GFS

I do not get errors importing. The path exists and is filled with all sorts of textures. I cannot see them in the Mat. Editor either, the preview sphere is a black circle.

I never used the rFactor hardware shaders before. I will try to play with them a bit to see if I can add my own textures or if it is the same issue.

sebeau

this tutorial works with the track of RFactor 2 to? Sorry for my bad english.

maxrod

Its got a different coreshaders than rfactor so 3dsmax will not import it with the importer.

Madcowie

Knowing the ins and outs of 3dsimed will save a you bunch of time. This basically changes all materials to standard materials. After you have done this carry on from step 12 of Racehard's great tutorial.

1 Load track in 3dsimed
2 Export as 3ds
3 Convert dds to tga's using 3dsimed
4 Delete the dds's
5 Load 3ds in 3dsimed
6 Export as DAE
7 Thats it, all materials converted to standard materials when you import the dae into Max

LauZzZn

2021 ELMS Champion LMP3