• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:44:46 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAMTAHERI

Hi aritz
in 3ds max there is no second sky. i checked again and deleted some of extra stuff on it. now there is only track - sky - walls - gravel. still looks fine in the mapview. i was fiddling with the sun position to find out if that's the reason KRP crashes. but it's the same with original & renamed .amp file. could you suggest any other reason for KRP crashing ?
Sam Taheri

Aritz

There is not an "original sun position", your track has a specific sun position... When you exported the track, which was the light position? By default is 0,0,0

your track, or at least the track you sent me, has a sky dome, close to the track. If you are not seeing it in 3ds Max, we probably found the problem. Why is not in the MAX project but yes in the final track? What did you do?

Take screenshots, show us the MAX screen

SAMTAHERI

hi
i scaled the sky dome to a much bigger size, and i just found the problem. i have forgotten to close the best line, and after closing and saving it it goes to the track and works fine. the tarmac is a bit higher though and if i go off it and to the gravel the kart falls and thumbles in sky. but i think it might be the design problem.
thanks for the help.
Sam Taheri

LauZzZn

if you fall down then you have named something wrong
kerb: TRKKERB
walls: WLLCONC
tarmac: TRKASPH
grass: TRKGRAS
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

SAMTAHERI

October 02, 2013, 02:01:36 PM #394 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:46:48 PM by PiBoSo
i know, i had named it offsand and changed it to trksand. should be fine now.

Sam Taheri

Aritz

Like I said, you dont need that skydome, it has no sense since you are using piboso's skies (suuny, cloudy and rainy). Why add another, which is only sunny?

SAMTAHERI

thanks alot. removed the sky and it worked like a charm.
cheers mate.
Sam Taheri

jd88x89

Hey does anyone have the  rFactor Max Plugins (32 Bit) for possible 2012 or even 2011? because i cant get 2010.

Aritz

I only have the files for the rFactor conversion and the track exporter for Piboso's tracks:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4yjhf1ghta32y7e

jd88x89

Hey so, I've found 2010 and got it. But now when i run it with the manscript and hardwareshaders in it, and i try to import the directory, it comes up: --Type error: Call needs functions or class, got:undefined   .The when the manscript opens up it says this in gray:   mat=meditMaterials[1].materialList[newMatID]=gMotorMaterial()

What am I doing wrong?

Bayley Bell

Can anyone give me a link to the 2010 version of 3ds max with a crack?

Birel-Rotax 42

I wouldn't start handing out links to applications that cost nearly $500. If Autodesk finds out about this site giving out links to illegal cracks of software, the forum might be taken down. Just take a look on Google, otherwise get a legit version of 3ds max.

fmaisonnave

Cory_Hayes

fmaisonnave

You have to paint it one by one with material editor, for painting quickly 
ex: select a part of the grass
Right click
Select similar
And put the grass texture over the selection
;)