• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:41 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Yosemite Park LAST BETA

Started by Aritz, August 19, 2012, 05:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serega

When in test mode, trying to go to the track writes: Connection timeout

Aritz

Quote from: Serega on August 20, 2012, 04:35:51 PM
When in test mode, trying to go to the track writes: Connection timeout

Yes, wait for the optimized track please (without shadows  :( )

EVO

You put invisiable collidable walls and make high poly objects (gaurdrails and mountain face) noncolidable.
Ive never seen double sided mesh before so i dont know you would disable it
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on August 20, 2012, 06:48:35 PM
You put invisiable collidable walls and make high poly objects (gaurdrails and mountain face) noncolidable.
Ive never seen double sided mesh before so i dont know you would disable it

I've watched dibu's replay and I had an idea: I will make double faced terrain only where the shadow are right now  :P In fact, there are only a few shadows  ::)

And for the guardrails, I did a mistake too, they are double faced and both sides are collidable, which is a nonsense...

So, the next BETA, will be the same track but optimized. It is a fast fix, so it will be ready probably today ;)

Aritz

Silly me... why make double faced object to cast shadow, it is better to delete the TRK prefix... the granite walls don't need to be collidable at all...

James Beer

Quote from: Aritz on August 20, 2012, 03:32:14 PM
Quote from: Intrepid junior max on August 20, 2012, 03:23:13 PM
the jumps are my problem !

Haha I love them! You must think where to land or you are dead! You have to train with a flight simulator lol. I was RICHARD BURNS RALLY game lover and there were a lot of blind jumps like here :P

its the first big jump i have problems with i think its because its a single lane not a double, would you consider finishing the road works before the jump ? im a fan of the colin mcrae dirt series (1, 2 and 3)

Aritz

Here the optimized BETA2, I have 5-10 more FPS I think, so maybe works for those who still can't play.

The loading takes very long yet, even with a lot less collidable objects  :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?ebyssb19srlibr6

please test and if it works better, I will remove the old one and update the track registration aswell.

dibu

For me there is not much difference to the first version, but I have no problems with both releases.
I get about 6 FPS more and 30MB less memory usage. The loading time is about the same.

Aritz

Quote from: Thomas Lemoult on August 21, 2012, 09:53:38 AM
It works fine for me, while the first link didn't work ! Thanks Aritz :)

aparently I am not able to make a good PKZ file following Piboso's instructions. It should be easy, only change ZIP extension, but it doesn't work  :-\

Quote from: dibu on August 21, 2012, 09:54:22 AM
For me there is not much difference to the first version, but I have no problems with both releases.
I get about 6 FPS more and 30MB less memory usage. The loading time is about the same.

Yes, only 6 FPS and the loading time the same, but now the track has not all the terrain repeated as before.

The shadow is a problem, I don't know what to do or how to optimize keeping the shadows (with shadows I mean the shadow that the mountains cast in lower parts of the track. Usually karts tracks are flat, so this shouldn't be a problem for other tracks but it is here)

Now I can only split the polygons as Piboso recommends, which is what I am going to do for the next days.

Thomas Lemoult

Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 10:14:24 AM
aparently I am not able to make a good PKZ file following Piboso's instructions. It should be easy, only change ZIP extension, but it doesn't work  :-\

The 2 links (.zip and .pkz) didn't work for me, but the last you gave is ok, I don't have "Connection Time Out" again :)

Aritz

Quote from: Thomas Lemoult on August 21, 2012, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 10:14:24 AM

The 2 links (.zip and .pkz) didn't work for me, but the last you gave is ok, I don't have "Connection Time Out" again :)

Good! So the optimizing worked! And with the next beta, I think the track will be even "lighter"

dibu

If the new version solves the connection timeout problems for some people you should exchange it in the stats too.

Maybe it also solves the online connection problem if more than one or two people are already on a server (sorry forgot to report).
I'll run a server with the new version now.

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on August 21, 2012, 11:45:59 AM
If the new version solves the connection timeout problems for some people you should exchange it in the stats too.

Maybe it also solves the online connection problem if more than one or two people are already on a server (sorry forgot to report).
I'll run a server with the new version now.

Stats and links updated

dibu

Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 12:09:40 PM
Stats and links updated

Thanks Aritz.  I just found out that the lap timing (in game) doesn't work anymore.  :o
I also did a slow control lap, but also no lap time showed up.

The good thing is that the server login seems to have improved. I was logged in with two PCs (I have two licenses) and another driver was online too.