• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:27:53 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Yosemite Park LAST BETA

Started by Aritz, August 19, 2012, 05:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on August 21, 2012, 12:44:22 PM
Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 12:09:40 PM
Stats and links updated

Thanks Aritz.  I just found out that the lap timing (in game) doesn't work anymore.  :o
I also did a slow control lap, but also no lap time showed up.

The good thing is that the server login seems to have improved. I was logged in with two PCs (I have two licenses) and another driver was online too.

it was late tonight when I convert the improved track, probably I missed something. Let me test it :)

dibu

August 21, 2012, 12:58:10 PM #46 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:21:27 PM by dibu
When I look in tracked at the new version, I see that S/F and ST don't end in any material at the left side.
I'll shorten them for a test and report again.

dibu

August 21, 2012, 01:15:26 PM #47 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:17:34 PM by dibu
Timing works if I shorten S/F line from -10.00000 to -8.000000 and ST line from -10.000000 to -4.960000   (the left limit of the asphalt.)

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on August 21, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
Timing works if I shorten S/F line from -10.00000 to -8.000000 and ST line from -10.000000 to -4.960000   (the left limit of the asphalt.)

Ok, thx. I will update the link with the new RDF file.

By the way, the track cambers need a fix, I can't finish a single lap wthout a crash... I have to smooth them now, before any other improvement  :-\

Aritz

dibu

August 21, 2012, 02:10:28 PM #50 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:13:56 PM by dibu
I see that you also changed the right side values in your rdf.
I've just done a first lap in the stats with a rdf  where only the two left side values were changed. 
So I guess you have to re-register the track or upload a rdf where only left side is changed.
Otherwise others will not get their online times. Sorry for additional work ::)

Aritz

hehe

Track registrated again. You have to use my RDF  ::)

But this all is temporary, the track will be updated soon with the improved cambers AND softer guardrails (metallic safety fences)  >:(

dibu

Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 02:25:13 PM
Track registrated again. You have to use my RDF  ::)

I know, I know it was my fault. :-[ Anyway thanks Aritz, can't wait for the next improvements. :)

Aritz

Np dude!

In fact, I need your first lap for the stats with the new RDF... I can't end a proper one ever!

dibu

Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 02:33:50 PM
In fact, I need your first lap for the stats with the new RDF....
Mission completed :)

EVO

why are you putting saftey fence becasue of mesh size? what if you leave the gaurdrail make it non colidable and put a simple extruded line named WLLARMCINVISIBLE in front this will be invisible but collidable.   
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

evo is right, if u crash so hard that u fly over the armcors u are lost annyway :)

With PKZ again, It DON`T work with win 7, u have to use win xp or vista then pkz files work.

EVO

on the download database can you approve my dash upload and delete the lydd one.  I need to upload a newer version

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on August 21, 2012, 06:03:31 PM
why are you putting saftey fence becasue of mesh size? what if you leave the gaurdrail make it non colidable and put a simple extruded line named WLLARMCINVISIBLE in front this will be invisible but collidable.

No, the fence is needed, the roads have fences... what is the point of an invisible barrier?

Quote from: Schwoni on August 21, 2012, 06:33:56 PM
evo is right, if u crash so hard that u fly over the armcors u are lost annyway :)

With PKZ again, It DON`T work with win 7, u have to use win xp or vista then pkz files work.

Ups, I didn't know that... And it is a problem, I haven't got XP anymore...

EVO

the invisible barrier makes the sound of the armco when you hit it but it is very low polygon so the game engine has less calculation to do.
and you can still have the nice gaurdrail behind it noncoliidable and improve fps