• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:33:57 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Yosemite Park LAST BETA

Started by Aritz, August 19, 2012, 05:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman Marco

The problem isn't fixed with the new zip download. Offline I still get connection time out, and when I try to join the test server krp crashes.

James Beer

I have the same problem but aritz I drove it earlier the whole thing and it was epic but my shifter struggled on those hills if I had it in 2nd I revved the nuts of it and if it was in 3rd the revs where too low! Brilliant track though lots of work went into that as we can see. Should try making a city street circuit in like london, paris, berlin, rome and barcelona as some fantasy tracks would be awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Aritz

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on August 19, 2012, 09:21:48 PM
The problem isn't fixed with the new zip download. Offline I still get connection time out, and when I try to join the test server krp crashes.

I don't know what to say... I can play everytime I want to. Load time is longer than the other tracks, but it always loads...

Your computer is powerfull enough? How many RAM? Have you try with low graphics values? I have a quite medium-good computer, 8gb Ram (for my 3d and video programs) and I have only 25-40 FPS! (1920x1080 and everything full)

the MAP file is very big, near the allowed max, maybe Piboso should help here, he is the expert  :-[

Aritz

The first two records are almost the same time! How can it be?

Only 2 sec difference in a 6min lap  :o

EVO

downloading now.  Looks rediculously amazing!
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

dibu

Quote from: Aritz on August 19, 2012, 11:57:02 PM
The first two records are almost the same time! How can it be?

Only 2 sec difference in a 6min lap  :o

Hehe, NOP had to beat my time. ;D
There is still much space for improvements. Here a replay and the setup (CRG) of my lap.

http://www.mediafire.com/?857nsz1e5clz7r5

Aritz

May I use your replay for a video? I am not able to end a lap without a crash  ::)

The track is in BETA stage, so now is the time for fix the bugs, do you found any? More things to improve?

For example, the cambers are wrong, they have a bump almost everytime when the track start bending...

I'll do a list in the first post

dibu

Quote from: Aritz on August 20, 2012, 09:43:16 AM
May I use your replay for a video?

Feel free to use the replay for whatever you want. :)

The Iceman Marco

It works now, and it's already very good and fun to drive. I test it for an hour but I didn't find much problems. There are some bumps in some corners that has to be fixed but that's all I found. So good job Artiz  ;)

About that problems I first had. I tried it on my laptop and didn't work there. But on my computer it worked, so maybe my laptop can't handle it.

Aritz

I am glad to hear that  :D I've tested in my two OS and it works on both, so maybe the problem is the computer specs as you said...

Thanks for your words, but they are not needed; I really enjoyed making it  :D It is very gratifying to build a 3D environment, I wish to have this job  someday :-\

PiBoSo

August 20, 2012, 02:45:01 PM #25 Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:46:33 PM by PiBoSo
This track pushes the engine to the limits.
1) Everything has a back side! This doubles the triangles count!
2) Everything is collidable. This slows down loading time
3) Some of the triangles are very large, slowing down the physics simulation ( it would probably be a good idea to change the TRP exporter to automatically split them )

P.S.
the 2 jumps are killers, with the road turning before the land spot!  :)

James Beer

the jumps are my problem !

Aritz

Yes, I know that...  :-[

The double face is because of the shadows I asked you some days ago, trk objects donĀ“t cast shadows you said and the track was poor that way... Any suggestion?

The terrain is not finished at all, this version is only for testing, I have planned to smooth it with shorter triangles and I have to detach not collidable terrain aswell. 

Maybe I was too optimistic and I had to do it first, sorry to everybody who have problems...
Thx Piboso, I needed that information for next updates or tracks

Aritz

Quote from: Intrepid junior max on August 20, 2012, 03:23:13 PM
the jumps are my problem !

Haha I love them! You must think where to land or you are dead! You have to train with a flight simulator lol. I was RICHARD BURNS RALLY game lover and there were a lot of blind jumps like here :P

Aritz

I will add a new link without shadows, probably people with problems will be able to load the track. I will call it Yosemite Park Redux ;)