• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:04 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Default groove

Started by PiBoSo, May 08, 2012, 04:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

May 08, 2012, 04:22:21 PM Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:41:39 PM by PiBoSo
There is a little feature that could be useful.

1) Open the file global.ini ( by default generated in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/Kart Racing Pro/ ) and add the following lines:
[edit]
groove=1
2) Drive several laps in testing mode on a track to create the groove ( it's possible to use groove_multiplier to generate it faster )
3) Press left ctrl + g: a file named temp.grv will be saved in the KRP installation folder
4) Rename temp.grv to track_id.grv ( for example: essay.grv - or short.grv for the short layout ) and move it to the proper track folder, with the matching TRP file
5) KRP should automatically read this grv file at track load time

PiBoSo

May 08, 2012, 04:27:43 PM #1 Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:58:33 AM by PiBoSo
Note: setting groove to 1 is only needed to save the file, not to read it.

Schwoni

this means that this file save the groove?
But only offline right?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on May 08, 2012, 04:43:12 PM
this means that this file save the groove?
But only offline right?

The GRV file should be always loaded.

tubefactor

What is the effect of groove? ???
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

Schwoni

tubefactor

I see some new hotlaps showing up  ;D
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

dibu

That means if I drive 20 laps offline with

[testing]
groove_multiplier = 10
groove_edit=1

and save the file.

Then I start a (dedicated) server with the renamed file in my corresponding track folder, I beginn with the grip of 200 laps already driven?

Oh no, that looks like much work for the hotlaps and I have no time atm ::)

PiBoSo

May 08, 2012, 09:49:12 PM #8 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:10:35 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: dibu on May 08, 2012, 09:25:59 PM
That means if I drive 20 laps offline with

[testing]
groove_multiplier = 10
groove_edit=1

and save the file.

Then I start a (dedicated) server with the renamed file in my corresponding track folder, I beginn with the grip of 200 laps already driven?

Oh no, that looks like much work for the hotlaps and I have no time atm ::)

It should work.
But this is not the purpose of the feature.
It is meant to simulate the ( minimal ) groove that there is at the start of an event in real life, that also gives less grip with wet conditions on optimal line.

PiBoSo

If someone things this feature could be abused, it will be removed in future releases.

Schwoni

HAHA dibu wanna cheat :D i think u can`t abuse it. My experience say that u drive the fastest laps in the first 30-40 laps after that no hotlap more or it is very hard. Maybe too much grip i don`t know but that is what marco and i noticed.

dibu

Quote from: Schwoni on May 08, 2012, 10:05:33 PM
HAHA dibu wanna cheat :D

Of course, I have nothing better to do ;)

EVO

I think this is awsome, becuase some tracks have a lot of groove already in real life.  For example our local track at the begining of the season has no groove and low grip, then at the end of the season there is a defined groove and a good amount of groove. 
Id imagine this would be great for the European league.  Early season races at Lonato with little groove and a race at Essay at the end of the season would have alot of groove from others using the track all season long.

This will really add to the realism.  And as long as you cant get faster from it.
And it is infact as Schwoni and Marco have reported.

Schowni can you test the groove line in the wet? I am so excited by this its so awesome
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

is it possible to have the groove but with old grip that is not as strong as the groove appearance?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Very usefull tool!

I have a question:

Is it possible to launch new tracks with this value given? If I have understood you well, it is. That should be the right way, only the track creator should have the "right" to choose real grip of one track, don't you you think?