• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:21:12 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

October 30, 2011, 11:49:17 PM #90 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:51:06 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Aritz on October 30, 2011, 11:38:44 PM
There are a lot of new features for the track edition which require more information :)

Layout needs LYT file, do we have an example? I am looking for it in pkz files and I hadn't find it.

Tyre marks using Opacity chanel: You are talking about the rubber on track? Which kind of texture is needed for the alpha blending? Something like a blurred tyre mark?

Why are the flags editable? The racing flags are the same racing flags all over the world :S

To see examples of LYT files and multiple layouts creation unpack "tracks.pkz".
Please note that you need to set models path; you have to unpack "misc.pkz" and point to "misc\objs" folder.
Opacity channel is not a new feature. It can be used to add details or variations to a surface.
"Flags" section moved into "textures", to make it more clear.

P.S.
Editing "objs.cfg" and using the 3dsmax EDF exporter it is possible to create new track objects.

Aritz

I am improving Magescq track and I am wondering if there is a way to have dynamic track like your tracks. I read some days ago that it is not possible to see track changes but they are operational, I don't find the thread though. Am I wrong? If yes, which are the new steps to do it? Your Track Creations Rules are for experts and I am not able to find the info I need  :-[

Now I need some info:

- I prefer to have less initial grip and more after some laps now we have dynamic rubbering. When I did the track, ASPH was too much grip for Magescq and BASPH was too low, I would like to have ASPH but after many laps during a trainning day. How many laps do we need for have ASPH from BASPH in rubbered area? (hard question maybe..)

-I don't find a good sun position... what do you recommend?

Aritz

found the thread... is this lol

Aritz

So I have to do bump shader... let's do it

Any info someone?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 10, 2011, 09:08:30 PM

Any info someone?

Quick and easy workaround: fill a texture with RGB set at 127,127,255 and alpha set at 0.
It's a flat normal map with black specular map, so no bump and no specular.
It will look exactly like the current track, but dynamic surface will be visible.

Aritz

Aritz

Are the cones collidable now?

PiBoSo

November 10, 2011, 10:54:55 PM #97 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:56:50 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Aritz on November 10, 2011, 10:45:59 PM
Are the cones collidable now?

It is possible to make cones collidable, but not movable.

Aritz

Is the corridor lenght adjustable? We use 20 or 24 stalls in karting and the corridors are much longer. My new Magescq layout has the starting line so close of a turn and it is very complicated to drive into them without penaltys...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 11, 2011, 12:24:32 AM
Is the corridor lenght adjustable? We use 20 or 24 stalls in karting and the corridors are much longer. My new Magescq layout has the starting line so close of a turn and it is very complicated to drive into them without penaltys...

At the moment it's not possible to adjust corridors' length.

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 10, 2011, 09:53:59 PM
Quote from: Aritz on November 10, 2011, 09:08:30 PM

Any info someone?

Quick and easy workaround: fill a texture with RGB set at 127,127,255 and alpha set at 0.
It's a flat normal map with black specular map, so no bump and no specular.
It will look exactly like the current track, but dynamic surface will be visible.

Now I understand it. I have some bump textures, I don't need to create a simple one.

When I finnish the "new" track, I will do a tutorial for dummies  ;D

Aritz

Is not working :(

Do I have to use same map channel as tarmack?

Are those bitmap parameters ok?

Thank you and sorry

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 11, 2011, 12:31:41 PM
Is not working :(

Do I have to use same map channel as tarmack?

Are those bitmap parameters ok?

To set a shader, you have to create a text file named "road_tarmac0011.shd", save it in the same directory of the TGA file, and fill it with

bump
{
map = bump simple.tga
}
specular
{
shininess = 6
}

and then export the MAP file.

Schwoni

We tried it but still don`t work. But theese settings in screenshot 2 are right? and also to put this texture as bump?

PiBoSo

November 11, 2011, 04:07:06 PM #104 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:08:51 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Schwoni on November 11, 2011, 03:52:35 PM
We tried it but still don`t work. But theese settings in screenshot 2 are right? and also to put this texture as bump?

The bump map can only be set with SHD file.
The 'bump' channel in 3dsmax is unused.