• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:34:09 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrox

Yes, the 3d grass goes trough everything, so If you create terrain with BTB and then put flat objects like kerbs, track copys with kerb texture, ... on it, there is grass on the kerbs. You need to use another material (you could do it with the same texture but different name).

I'm not sure yet how to create the density file, but if it is somehow similar to puddles, I doubt you could remove grass from kerbs this way...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Nitrox on August 01, 2011, 03:34:33 PM
I'm not sure yet how to create the density file, but if it is somehow similar to puddles, I doubt you could remove grass from kerbs this way...

Wiki updated to better explain how density map works.
http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#3D_Grass

However it cannot be used to remove grass under objects.

Nitrox

Thanks you! One last thing: Can you describe which options in .amb file affect 3Dgrass most? I have the problem that under sunny conditions, the grass is too light and shiny, under cloudy and wet conditions it's perfect.

Aritz

The grass will grown only in all grass textures, whatever their name is?

Nitrox

All textures with matching grs file in textures folder...

Aritz

You should start using the skyboxes from Essay or whatever track you have.

PiBoSo

Quote from: berzingue on August 08, 2011, 12:05:21 PM
Hi,

What is the way to integrate a track in the game ? I thing the "Integration" chapter in wiki is missing...

EDIT : I've created a track in 3dsmax 2010, (La roche de Glun, Valence, France), and I finally found the way to export the track in KRP. (have to create an .ini file). Problem is, when I test the track in game, all is black and dark around, except the Kart. And all is going slow.

I think it's a Skybox problem, because I didn't created it. But Wiki is not really clear about Skybox creation...Is there any specifics names to give to each skyboxes in 3dsmax ? is there sky textures to put on each skybox? Is there any Omni or spot Light to simulate Sun ??

Thanks for your help !

Lighting, sky and fog are defined in the AMB file. It's a text file.

dibu

Your track is running here without crashing KRP - tested on two pcs with KS1 (Win7 64+32Bit).
There are other things to do like timing, textures ..., but it runs.

oppolo

Quote from: berzingue on August 08, 2011, 05:32:47 PM
Ok, now I can see Skyboxes and lights in Mapview, but when I try to launch the track, (when I click on the very last button before drive), the Game crashes.

"Tracked" reconises the differents surfaces (asphalt, sand...), centerline is here, is closed...

EDIT : I'm sorry, I still not see what's wrong :-\...can you have a look on my track and explain me where I'v made a mistake? here it is :

http://dl.free.fr/gkGWORvFJ

here the game crashed when i was over a curb

PiBoSo

August 13, 2011, 02:23:52 PM #84 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:41:21 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: berzingue on August 10, 2011, 01:06:59 AM
Amazing, you was able to drive on my track !

Here is my computer :

Acer Aspire 6920
NVIDIA GeForce 9500M
Intel Core 2 duo CPU  T8100 @ 2.10 GHz
Windows Vista 32 bits

EDIT : I tried my track on an other computer (powerfull, with Windows 7) : it crashes too.

I confirm something is wrong with my track...but what ?

Sorry, no ideas.
Tested with different weather conditions and different karts and it never crashed.
Even in TrackEd there are no errors.

Please try upgrading the graphics driver.

PiBoSo

Quote from: berzingue on August 16, 2011, 01:22:10 PM
Well, no more success with updated driver....

Do you think I can find a bug report somewhere in my computer, and send it to you ?

Unfortunately there is no log.

PiBoSo

Track tools updated to support dynamic track surface, layout editing and to fix some bugs:
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/index.php

PiBoSo

October 29, 2011, 11:44:40 PM #87 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:28:12 AM by PiBoSo
Please note that at the moment dynamic groove and wet are calculated, but not visible, on textures without a bump shader.

PiBoSo

Track tools updated to fix a camera editing bug in TrackEd.

Aritz

There are a lot of new features for the track edition which require more information :)

Layout needs LYT file, do we have an example? I am looking for it in pkz files and I hadn't find it.

Tyre marks using Opacity chanel: You are talking about the rubber on track? Which kind of texture is needed for the alpha blending? Something like a blurred tyre mark?

Why are the flags editable? The racing flags are the same racing flags all over the world :S