• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:34:20 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

multi-monitor

Started by PiBoSo, May 23, 2011, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

Got it running - thanks dibu!
Video will come tomorrow!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

February 06, 2014, 05:57:50 PM #46 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:24:33 PM by James Beer
Hi,
I have a triple screen setup using amd eyefininty, i've made my monitors.cfg file in the directory and added the part to the core.ini. I've inputed my values in the monitors.cfg but krp is still not doing bezel compensation, parts which i should not be able to see because of the bezels are still appearing on the screen next to the middle monitor.

my monitors are 22"

heres my monitors cfg

primary
{
   screen_distance = 80
   screen_width = 475
   screen_height = 270
   width = 520
   height = 320
}

global
{
   angle_x = 40
}

this is my problem:

any help? please.

Birel-Rotax 42

Don't use the monitors config. Just use the bezel compensation on the Catalyst Utility. I found it worked better than using monitors.cfg with my system.

James Beer

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on February 06, 2014, 06:31:17 PM
Don't use the monitors config. Just use the bezel compensation on the Catalyst Utility. I found it worked better than using monitors.cfg with my system.

ive tried it with and without and its no different still does the same thing, in the catalyst it is setup correctly and works great with rfactor and iracing so i dont understand this really

elude107

Is it possible to use this to change the fov and and view with a single monitor? I would like to use the FOV calculation and shift my view down but I'm only using one monitor.

What can I put in the cfg to make this work?

Thanks

LauZzZn

Quote from: elude107 on February 06, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Is it possible to use this to change the fov and and view with a single monitor? I would like to use the FOV calculation and shift my view down but I'm only using one monitor.

What can I put in the cfg to make this work?

Thanks

in the simulation option under settings you can change your fov ;)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

I've now got it working, is brilliant now!

RyanTheRacer

Not sure if the location is: PROGRAME FILES (x86)/Kart Racing Pro/core   (when I open this file it does not appear as your notes)

[HACKS]
colorMipmaps = 0
NoPBuffer = 0
NoRenderToTexture = 0
NoPBO = 1
NoFBO = 0
NoHDR = 1

[windows]
compatability=1

The prob I'm having is that the outside screens are streching the images horizontaly longer. When driving this makes the outer screens move diffirently (faster) than the main center screen

DjFIL

Quote from: RyanTheRacer on March 06, 2014, 05:22:18 PM
Not sure if the location is: PROGRAME FILES (x86)/Kart Racing Pro/core   (when I open this file it does not appear as your notes)

[HACKS]
colorMipmaps = 0
NoPBuffer = 0
NoRenderToTexture = 0
NoPBO = 1
NoFBO = 0
NoHDR = 1

[windows]
compatability=1

The prob I'm having is that the outside screens are streching the images horizontaly longer. When driving this makes the outer screens move diffirently (faster) than the main center screen

Add these lines to the core.ini file
[display]
monitor=0
setup=monitors.cfg

And create a new text document that you will rename (file and extension) to monitors.cfg) with the config options found in the first message from PiBoSo.

Piers Prior

Does anyone know if you can do this with 2 monitors? i have 2 23" monitors, can i set them so i have just one centre and one right or one left and one right?
The world is your lobster

PiBoSo

Quote from: Piers Prior on April 17, 2014, 04:39:34 PM
Does anyone know if you can do this with 2 monitors? i have 2 23" monitors, can i set them so i have just one centre and one right or one left and one right?

It should work, removing the "monitor1" section.

Piers Prior

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 17, 2014, 06:02:58 PM

This is my whole core.ini file, it currently still only works on the centre screen. btw my centre monitor is no.2 and the secon (right) monitor is no.1 in windows control panel, but i have told windows that monitor 2 is my main monitior if that helps
thanks for the quick response ;)

[HACKS]
ColorMipMaps = 0
NoPBuffer = 0
NoRenderToTexture = 0
NoPBO = 1
NoFBO = 0
NoHDR = 1

[windows]
compatibility=1

[display]
monitor=0
setup=monitors.cfg

[monitors]
primary
{
   screen_distance = 600
   screen_width = 510
   screen_height = 285
   width = 550
   height = 330
}

global
{
   angle_x = 40
}

monitor0
{
   display = 1
        pos_x = 1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
   bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

PiBoSo

Quote from: Piers Prior on April 18, 2014, 02:14:29 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 17, 2014, 06:02:58 PM

This is my whole core.ini file, it currently still only works on the centre screen. btw my centre monitor is no.2 and the secon (right) monitor is no.1 in windows control panel, but i have told windows that monitor 2 is my main monitior if that helps
thanks for the quick response ;)

This part:

primary
{
   screen_distance = 600
   screen_width = 510
   screen_height = 285
   width = 550
   height = 330
}

global
{
   angle_x = 40
}

monitor0
{
   display = 1
   pos_x = 1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
   bpp = 32
   multisample = 4
}

must be copied to a text file named "monitors.cfg".

Piers Prior

i cant get it to work, i can get it to run on either monitor 1(centre) or 2(right) but not both :P
i have attched both my core.ini and monitors.cfg, under this configuration i get krp on the right hand monitor only
thanks

PiBoSo

Quote from: Piers Prior on April 18, 2014, 06:46:05 PM
i cant get it to work, i can get it to run on either monitor 1(centre) or 2(right) but not both :P
i have attched both my core.ini and monitors.cfg, under this configuration i get krp on the right hand monitor only
thanks

Monitors.cfg.txt should be named monitors.cfg
Please make sure to untick "Hide extensions for known file types" in the Folder Options of Windows.