• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:30:46 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta3

Started by PiBoSo, May 21, 2011, 11:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

May 23, 2011, 11:38:53 PM #30 Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:40:38 PM by oppolo
Quote from: Aritz on May 23, 2011, 10:23:11 PM
we dont have to lift all the pedal, with 20-40% is enough, and I ask you; in krp we have to lift 100%?

only a little bit, even more less than 20%, few mm as in beta2, but i noticed during online sessions there is lag, so i make more mistakes during shifting up

Marco Dakic

awesome piboso thank you so much it will be the bettest game EVER !!! Kart Racing Pro FTW !!!
3D Modeling :D

M. Chase 53

I am getting a screen that shows up that says "data mismatch" when I try connecting to my friends hosted session. It first starts out saying "connecting" then "connected" then it shows up with that "data mismatch". And on a few other hosted sessions, I'm getting another that says "pitlane full" when no one is in their?
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you live to fight another day.

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on May 23, 2011, 11:38:53 PM
we dont have to lift all the pedal, with 20-40% is enough, and I ask you; in krp we have to lift 100%?

only a little bit, even more less than 20%, few mm as in beta2, but i noticed during online sessions there is lag, so i make more mistakes during shifting up

I played in a laggy server, if you are right, that sholud be the explanation :)

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on May 24, 2011, 08:40:54 AM
Quote from: oppolo on May 23, 2011, 11:38:53 PM

[/quote]

i have an old pc (pentium4 3000, 1 g ram and geforce 9400gt) and sometimes lag is terrible with flagmen acting like ghost and pc is stuttering, in these conditions offline the game is another thing, try ks1 offline

also join lag is terrrible, the pc freeze for 1 or 2 seconds and after that i'm against a wall  ::)

people who have modern pc: do you have lag or stuttering?

Nitrox

Join lag is only a few ms for me. I only get slight performence problems when I host a server and more than two drivers connect, but this seems due to my internet connection. Even tough I think 13mbit/1mbit should be enough for hosting. Pc is a i7 920, 6GB DDR3, GTX 260 - 2.

Hosting, however, is for me quite unstable in Beta 3. Yesterday it crashed two times after about 45 minutes ("Training Day"). Can't tell if there's any difference compared to Beta 2, because yesterday was the first time to see more than 2 drivers on my server. Maybe I'll try dedicated server later today.

Aritz

I played today with the KS1 in my own server (0 lag) and I'm still thinking that the gear is more difficult than real life.

I can't explain it but maybe the problem is the way I think it works (please forgive me if is not that way)

When I drive slow, without high RPM, the gear works perfectly. When I start running fast and with high RPM, the problem beggins... In real world the gear can be changed when the engine torque is low or 0, no matters how high the revs are, but in KRP seems that the gear changes when the RPM is lower than X. Am I wrong? You the real drivers, what do you think?

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on May 28, 2011, 07:42:54 PM
Still a bit irritating:
Real KZ2: From neutral to first gear you have to push the lever, second and up you have to pull (works like a motor bike gearbox).
KRP: From neutral to first gear you also have to pull.

This is a problem with no perfect solution.
When in neutral and using the "push" control, it's an easy change to go in first gear.
But when in first gear and using the "pull" control, should it go in neutral or in second gear? In real life neutral is in between, but shift is a digital control and you would have no feedback anyway.

oppolo

May 28, 2011, 10:50:03 PM #38 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:52:28 PM by oppolo
Quote from: Aritz on May 28, 2011, 06:17:11 PM
When I drive slow, without high RPM, the gear works perfectly. When I start running fast and with high RPM, the problem beggins... In real world the gear can be changed when the engine torque is low or 0, no matters how high the revs are, but in KRP seems that the gear changes when the RPM is lower than X.

definitely it seems we have 2 different games. i can shiftup also at high revs. as i told before also for beta2, the main thing is that the engine must not pull, i can change also over 10000, over 12000.

i dont' know anymore what to think, these are my settings abut simulation
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z226/kirkkonummi/KRP/simulation.jpg
i use g25, paddle sx for the clutch and the sequentianl stick for gear

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 28, 2011, 09:18:49 PM

When in neutral and using the "push" control, it's an easy change to go in first gear.
But when in first gear and using the "pull" control, should it go in neutral or in second gear? In real life neutral is in between, but shift is a digital control and you would have no feedback anyway.

liveforspeed for his mrt5 use this

-car is in neutral
-press the clucth and push the stick and the car is in first gear
now....
1 - if i have the car stopped or is belowe of 5 km/h, pull the stick and the gear go in neutral
2 - if the car is over 5km/h the gear goes in second

other situation
the car is in second gear
- push the stick the gear goes alway in first gear, even if the car is stopped.
in my opinion should have work as above

i think this is a good solution, in real life for going from first to second we dont' have to move two times the gear level, and when we are stopped we want for sure go in neutral

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on May 28, 2011, 10:50:03 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 28, 2011, 09:18:49 PM

liveforspeed for his mrt5 use this

-car is in neutral
-press the clucth and push the stick and the car is in first gear
now....
1 - if i have the car stopped or is belowe of 5 km/h, pull the stick and the gear go in neutral
2 - if the car is over 5km/h the gear goes in second

other situation
the car is in second gear
- push the stick the gear goes alway in first gear, even if the car is stopped.
in my opinion should have work as above

i think this is a good solution, in real life for going from first to second we dont' have to move two times the gear level, and when we are stopped we want for sure go in neutral

It could be an improvement over current system, but still far from being perfect.
Opinions?
If there is a general consensus on this solution it will be done for next release.

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 28, 2011, 11:53:55 PM
It could be an improvement over current system, but still far from being perfect.
Opinions?
If there is a general consensus on this solution it will be done for next release.
i think is better than before because in this way we push and pull the level as in real, but when in second gear and speedy is less than 5 km/h gear have to go in neutral

it can never be perfect because of our sequential gear of steering wheel

Aritz

I like the mix of your solutions dibu :)

0-5 kmh or clutch pressed:

Neutral -> push -> first gear
First gear -> pull -> neutral
Second gear -> push -> neutral

Above 5kmh or clutch not pressed:

First gear -> pull -> second gear
Second gear -> push -> first gear

And as you said, make it optional, in simulation area.

Racehard

Aritz

May 29, 2011, 10:24:49 AM #43 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:30:39 AM by Aritz
You can't put neutral when you drive :)

if you are moving, you only can put first gear from second (and is quite hard the sifter), you can't find neutral in intermediate travel

oppolo

May 29, 2011, 01:17:25 PM #44 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:20:29 PM by oppolo
Quote from: Aritz on May 29, 2011, 09:44:41 AM
I like the mix of your solutions dibu :)

0-5 kmh or clutch pressed:

with no aid idle, in second gear engine stal below 8 km/h