• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:47:25 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Online Racing?

Started by mdobrowney, September 01, 2011, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdobrowney

September 01, 2011, 10:25:36 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:28:20 PM by mdobrowney
How is the online racing. I only have the demo at this time so i do not know . But heard that the net code is a little off. Just wanted to see if reports here were difference .. I will be buying a licence next week .. over the last week i have been promoting this sim at iracing.com's forums .. Alot are very impressed with the demo .. Most say that Piboso should be hired by iracing to work for them.

EVO

If i were pibosso i wouldn't work for them.  the guy is a entrepenuer.  He has made three sims to my best knowledge.  Thats just ridiclous for one person.  absolute the utmost respect and graditude for what he has dont for karting simulation.  We can all practice during the off season and improve our driving thanks to him.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

mdobrowney

i agree he has done a great job .. Be cool to see what he could do with some real funding behind him.

The Iceman Marco

I love this game very much, I didn't play it for a few weeks now, that's because I'm trying iRacing. That's a very great game too, but very expensive. I think that it's the best for Piboso to finish his own games first. He works on some very great games, I didn't try the other two, but Kart Racing Pro is just awesome and I can't wait until the game is finished. :)

mdobrowney

still hows the online racing . I heard it is very laggy. Is this true?

EVO

the online lag is not bad if you play with friends from local areas  on local servers.   For example I  am in the U.S.  I tend to lag the majority of distant eurropean servers.   But I host games on my computet with local friends and it's no problem. Once their are enough users from local areas with local servers lag willl be nonexistant
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

The Iceman Marco

I can't try it local. I tried once. We have two computers here were the game is installed, but I have only one code. So I can't try if that is better. I have only driven with people all around the world, and that was quite laggy.

But tell me, are there any other race games were it's not laggy. I know iRacing works pefectly, but F1 2010, rFactor an Race 07 doesn't work without lags too.

Racehard

According to PiBoSo, the next beta will have some major improvement to the net code :)
So don't worry, even if it's not the best right now but still very playable on local servers, they keep improving.

Bruno Saboia

I usually host a server even when I'm practicing so I can get the chance of knowing other people. I have a friend who is in my town, we get a ping of 15~30ms, and the gameplay is fairly good at this latency level. But because I live in Brazil, usually the pings from other people are high on my server (~100-200ms). They complain about lag sometimes.

The worse is that, I don't have a clue why it happens, but sometimes I got a significant frame per second drop if someone is racing with me.
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna