• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:31 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

FA Kart and Top Kart Comparison

Started by Myles Rowe Top Kart #6, November 07, 2014, 07:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

I have a Top Kart and have been seeing results on the local level but not seeing very good results on the national level. I was wondering if anybody has had a Top Kart and has transffered from it to an OTK kart and can tell me the differences and simularities and which one they recommend. Thanks  :D
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

jsmith94

Honestly you shouldn't even compare these since one always wins at the national level while the other hardly wins other then malukas. To me just look at the results and that automatically shows whats fast and whats not

Marco Dakic

Otk is only a trend the Chassis isnt fast er its only easier to Steer, we tested it out allready
3D Modeling :D

Tr!st@n

Quote from: Marco Dakic on November 08, 2014, 12:03:00 PM
Otk is only a trend the Chassis isnt fast er its only easier to Steer, we tested it out allready

::)
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: hugo72 on November 08, 2014, 01:35:07 PM
CRG4EVER
Relevance to the topic?

My opinion is the same as Marco's. The Birel S6 has been a dream to drive, and in my mind is very competitive with OTK karts. Addressing Marco's thing about steering, I believe it is because the chassis has A LOT more castor built into the chassis compared to Freeline and CRG, but that's what I have seen. Never taken a look at homolgation info, but I assume that is the reason.

Marco Dakic

Yes Corrie right, the New birel and flandria have the same Option to give more caster, the otk is easier to drive because bigger steering wheel and Ackermann uses on high Position, otk drivers must steer more then the other Brands, but its not faster :)

If you setup right you can win with alot of Chassis.

Hugo Hernandez

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on November 08, 2014, 04:51:21 PM
CRG4EVER
Relevance to the topic?

My opinion is the same as Marco's. The Birel S6 has been a dream to drive, and in my mind is very competitive with OTK karts. Addressing Marco's thing about steering, I believe it is because the chassis has A LOT more castor built into the chassis compared to Freeline and CRG, but that's what I have seen. Never taken a look at homolgation info, but I assume that is the reason.
Corrie , in real life , i race with CRG-Rotax JR and for me the chassis it's P.E.R.F.E.C.T

Marco Dakic

Quote from: hugo72 on November 08, 2014, 05:36:26 PM
Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on November 08, 2014, 04:51:21 PM
CRG4EVER
Relevance to the topic?

Corrie , in real life , i race with CRG-Rotax JR and for me the chassis it's P.E.R.F.E.C.T

But we talk about the comparison and not about what everybody prefeer

Tr!st@n

#HugoStopImitatingCoryInSignature
Yeah, i tested the Tony anc it has a lot more standard caster. But its lighter, softer and much (!) better to drive than CRG, which will finally result in faster laptimes. Didnt test freeline though.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Marco Dakic

November 08, 2014, 07:39:20 PM #11 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 07:41:58 PM by Marco Dakic
Its not Tristan, look the whole thing otk is international at first but also always on last Position. And your LH Chassis is not up to date ;)

Its like you test an Mercedes gp 2010 against a 2014 model ;) take gränz crg Prototyp against otk its will be the same time

Taddzy

Iv raced otk!! Talko and Tb and tbh the tony is faster!! It's harder to make others work so we'll but the I'm qual on all!! Otk I think is best tbh!! We'll in the uk anyway!!
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Marco Dakic

No its not, on this Market there is not a best chassis !! Its the Team, Drivers, Chassis, Engine a wonder chassis are not aviable in this Market