• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:32:03 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

TOP Priority thing that should get fixed for the next Beta or Build

Started by jd88x89, July 03, 2013, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd88x89

Hey guys. For the past couple of weeks I've been racing with a bunch of my friends. We have got a few dedicated servers up and been racing on them fine. Although, we do have some complaints, and they will agree that these things should be fixed before next build or beta. They agree with me that the main problem right now is that there is too much net code. When you sometimes try to make a pass and the guy your passing comes down onto you, instead of rubbing, it shoots you to the grass. I mean, if you do rub hard or dive bomb the guy, it should move them a bit, like a couple of lanes over, not shooting off into the grass. Although, this is not as bad in the Mini 60, it is still there. The other thing that should be fixed for all the karts is the bumb drafting. When you come up softly on the kart in front of you and try to push them, it usually either gets them really loose, you spin them out  or move them out of the way. This NEEDS to be fixed. Another problem is with the starts. One problem is with bigger fields of like 8 or more karts (or less karts), it is impossible to go green without a penalty. This is caused because of the following. There should not be a set speed limit, the leader should control the speed. You can still have the acceleration point as the yellow line, just don't have a set speed. The other thing that has to be done away with is when coming to the grid on the start line is overtaking. This should be done away with because if someone checks up, the other guy will get a overtaking penalty.
       In conclusion, the game is good. Also, the game has the potential to be one of the best games out there, if this stuff is fixed.

James Beer

Quote from: jd88x89 on July 03, 2013, 05:43:40 PM
        Hey guys. For the past couple of weeks I've been racing with a bunch of my friends. We have got a few dedicated servers up and been racing on them fine. Although, we do have some complaints, and they will agree that these things should be fixed before next build or beta. They agree with me that the main problem right now is that there is too much net code. When you sometimes try to make a pass and the guy your passing comes down onto you, instead of rubbing, it shoots you to the grass. I mean, if you do rub hard or dive bomb the guy, it should move them a bit, like a couple of lanes over, not shooting off into the grass. Although, this is not as bad in the Mini 60, it is still there. The other thing that should be fixed for all the karts is the bumb drafting. When you come up softly on the kart in front of you and try to push them, it usually either gets them really loose, you spin them out  or move them out of the way. This NEEDS to be fixed. Another problem is with the starts. One problem is with bigger fields of like 8 or more karts (or less karts), it is impossible to go green without a penalty. This is caused because of the following. There should not be a set speed limit, the leader should control the speed. You can still have the acceleration point as the yellow line, just don't have a set speed. The other thing that has to be done away with is when coming to the grid on the start line is overtaking. This should be done away with because if someone checks up, the other guy will get a overtaking penalty.
       In conclusion, the game is good. Also, the game has the potential to be one of the best games out there, if this stuff is fixed.

+1 i have to agree, the overtaking penalty at the start is a bad system because if they want to ensure they win they can easily give you a penalty by slowing down when your doing your warmup lap. Bump drafting also needs to be fixed, as at the moment you just push the guy out the way almost like they have no weight or it feels like it sort of gets caught

IceMan11

There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Andreas.L

I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥

Cross

I do not agree on the overtaking penalty. I have had too many races where I was on pole waiting for the yellow line only for the guy in second place to pass me and grab the lead before the first turn. Something needs to be in place to insure the leader is the one in control of the start.

nmpcs

IceMan11

Quote from: Cross on July 04, 2013, 07:50:14 PM
I do not agree on the overtaking penalty. I have had too many races where I was on pole waiting for the yellow line only for the guy in second place to pass me and grab the lead before the first turn. Something needs to be in place to insure the leader is the one in control of the start.

+1
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Cory_Hayes

yeah but what if someone brake checks so the others go past and they will all get penalties won't they?

fdg1997

Agree with you 100%

The start problem... i was thinking if we remove the speed limit,the first place set the speed,no penaltys for that,just keep the distance limit,then when the driver reach the corridors,there's a check if everyone are in the correct positions,if they are,then the lights go green when they pass the "yellow line"(the line that indicates that you can accelerate),if not,the light stay red and the drivers need to do another "formation lap" like its in real life... sorry my english,hope you guys understand!

nmpcs

I like that idea, fdg1997.
The only thing that could happen is if someone started to play with his position every lap and so the restart would be "permanent".
For that I think the faulty driver should get a warning and if he keeps on the wrong position in the next lap, he should be DQ'd

Another thing... I think the light should go green for everyone right after the leader goes through the yellow line, instead of making everyone pass that line to start full throttle

IceMan11

Quote from: fdg1997 on July 05, 2013, 02:38:04 AM
Agree with you 100%

The start problem... i was thinking if we remove the speed limit,the first place set the speed,no penaltys for that,just keep the distance limit,then when the driver reach the corridors,there's a check if everyone are in the correct positions,if they are,then the lights go green when they pass the "yellow line"(the line that indicates that you can accelerate),if not,the light stay red and the drivers need to do another "formation lap" like its in real life... sorry my english,hope you guys understand!

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you. I also think that the pre-start should be fixed a bit. You shouldn't get disqualified if you jump the line before the formation lap or warm up laps start. You should at least get a warning so you can push your kart back up a bit and/or apply the brake.

fdg1997

Quote from: nmpcs on July 05, 2013, 02:21:06 PM
The only thing that could happen is if someone started to play with his position every lap and so the restart would be "permanent".
For that I think the faulty driver should get a warning and if he keeps on the wrong position in the next lap, he should be DQ'd

Another thing... I think the light should go green for everyone right after the leader goes through the yellow line, instead of making everyone pass that line to start full throttle

Yeah,I think of it after i post that,but when i was going to edit thye post(now) i saw your and IceMan11 posts so dont edit it,i definitely agree with both of you guys,and i think that puting our ideas together make the "Perfect Idea" in my point of view... =D

IceMan11

Quote from: fdg1997 on July 05, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

Yeah,I think of it after i post that,but when i was going to edit thye post(now) i saw your and IceMan11 posts so dont edit it,i definitely agree with both of you guys,and i think that puting our ideas together make the "Perfect Idea" in my point of view... =D

With the "Perfect Idea" KRP would be even MORE awesome!!! ;D :D

jd88x89

Quote from: IceMan11 on July 05, 2013, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: fdg1997 on July 05, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

With the "Perfect Idea" KRP would be even MORE awesome!!! ;D :D
Not to mention the net code fixes