• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:38:19 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 05, 2012, 11:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

right click KRP racing pro and click properties then at the bottom select icon then navigate to Kart racing pro in programfiles and select krp.ico.  hope that helps
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Racehard

October 10, 2012, 01:27:37 PM #76 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:32:12 PM by Racehard
PiBoSo I really like B7's new feature the new chassis engine and so on.
One thing ahead I didn't have to much time to test B7 yet but these are my impressions i felt right away with the birel f100 and the shifter class espicially (almost did no laps with the other classes). I am really not sure about the physics. Ok braking improved somehow but it still doesn't feel natural I would say. (even though i am not racing karts) So I am afraid it went one step in the right direction in some areas but two back or worse in others. I am even missing the wow effect I was used to from the very first time I felt the force feedback and the physics in Beta 1.

In B6 I had a lot of fun with the shifter even though it was a true challenge to master it back then, now it feels almost like a car, it's lacking its wild character in my opinion. I hope you know what I mean.

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 06, 2012, 08:52:13 PM
Quote from: Schwoni on October 06, 2012, 08:05:42 PM
more testing: Shifter drive too easy, last 180° in lonato, 2nd gear fullthrottle through last corner and no slide nothing. Griplevel is very good, but wheelspin is missing.

The problem is that there were reports of the tires locking too easily during braking.
The fix for this problem of course made the tires also more difficult to spin.
Maybe the problem with braking is due more to lack of feedback than to wrong data.

That's what I've noticed too, but isn' it possible to combine both worlds? We have to have some aditions under braking which is not necessary during acceleration.

Quote from: EVO on October 10, 2012, 05:57:42 AM
right click KRP racing pro and click properties then at the bottom select icon then navigate to Kart racing pro in programfiles and select krp.ico.  hope that helps

Worked, thx.

Aritz

I should open a specific thread about the tyre model, which is, by far, the most important simulation part of a game

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on October 10, 2012, 01:27:37 PM
So I am afraid it went one step in the right direction in some areas but two back or worse in others. I am even missing the wow effect I was used to from the very first time I felt the force feedback and the physics in Beta 1.

In B6 I had a lot of fun with the shifter even though it was a true challenge to master it back then, now it feels almost like a car, it's lacking its wild character in my opinion. I hope you know what I mean.

:(

Aritz

nevermind, I will post here

I think the grip level has to be improved. I don't know how to make this or if I am saying nonsenses, but I think the grip of a tyre should be a lot more flexible than now.

In real world, the tyre has a maximum grip, let's say 100. When the kart asks for more, the tyre begins to spin. Then the kart beggins to lose grip and we have a lot of time to handle this spin. This happens in both axles, but mostly rear. In my opinion, in KRP the kart spins too much when the grip level is past from 100. Once the kart spin starts, there is nothing to do, we go out of the track.

This happens in both axles, front and rear, so with a standard setup, we lose mostly the front, we have understeer. If we change the setup for avoid this understeer, for example increasing caster or reducing rear grip using rear bar or moving forward the seat, when the rear start losing grip, it is almost impossible to control that oversteer.

So my bet is for increasing the grip level curve, doing it more flexible, not increase the maximum grip (which is what it seems was done)

Sorry if my words are not clear, I did what I could 

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on October 10, 2012, 02:04:16 PM
nevermind, I will post here

I think the grip level has to be improved. I don't know how to make this or if I am saying nonsenses, but I think the grip of a tyre should be a lot more flexible than now.

In real world, the tyre has a maximum grip, let's say 100. When the kart asks for more, the tyre begins to spin. Then the kart beggins to lose grip and we have a lot of time to handle this spin. This happens in both axles, but mostly rear. In my opinion, in KRP the kart spins too much when the grip level is past from 100. Once the kart spin starts, there is nothing to do, we go out of the track.

This happens in both axles, front and rear, so with a standard setup, we lose mostly the front, we have understeer. If we change the setup for avoid this understeer, for example increasing caster or reducing rear grip using rear bar or moving forward the seat, when the rear start losing grip, it is almost impossible to control that oversteer.

So my bet is for increasing the grip level curve, doing it more flexible, not increase the maximum grip (which is what it seems was done)

Sorry if my words are not clear, I did what I could

The maximum grip didn't change at all between beta6 and beta7. There are 3 changes: 1) the peak grip is at lower angle, to give a more "direct" feel to the steering 2) it was increased the grip past the optimal angle, to allow for better control and make drifting possible 3) it was increased the grip past the optimal longitudinal slip, to give better braking feel, but also "taming" the KZ1 and F100  :-\

Aritz

ups, sorry then... So, what  is the problem? It should be the right way... By the way, what is "taming"?

Kimzu97

Quote from: Aritz on October 10, 2012, 02:38:32 PM
ups, sorry then... So, what  is the problem? It should be the right way... By the way, what is "taming"?
"Taming" in this case means that KZ1 and F100 are easier to drive.
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

PiBoSo

Other changes that made the KZ1 less "raw"
- the engine now has a much stronger loss of power after 14.000 rpm
- the default carburetor setup is very rich

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 10, 2012, 05:04:02 PM

Other changes that made the KZ1 less "raw"
- the engine now has a much stronger loss of power after 14.000 rpm

Good one :) Now the problem for us, KZ drivers, is the lack of screaming sound (at least for me). I am used to gear up quite soon, 12500-13000rpm, and it is because of the strong sound of my engine. This is not happening with KRP and I have to use lights (I use Unipro), which are never used in real karting, in fact, they are almost invisible in daylight lol

You should reduce power (even more) with lower RPM than 8000. Yes, probably you had done this, but I think it has to be even less.

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 10, 2012, 05:04:02 PM

- the default carburetor setup is very rich

Talking about carburetor setup, I have to add more:

A rich engine should have as low as 12500 RPM max on 20º with the tyres on air, and a lean one (remember that it has to break in the first straight) 15500-16000.

So from 0 to 5, we must have a very different engine: too lean 16000 but not useable, too rich 12500 and without any kind of power on track (but never will be broken)

The carburator setùp should be done on track:

Start engine, warm it and in the straight, full throttle on 4th gear. The perfect setup has to be a power loss at 14000 and the max rpm reachable must be 14500-15000, no more. If the power loss it sooner, the setup is rich and the engine will not reach 14000 ever. If it is later and the max rpm are 15000 or more, the engine is lean and the risk is very high.

With non KZ engines, the setup is the same, but it is more difficult to do, because the max rpm will be the fastest speed possible and the straights are not long enough for such testings... So I suggest that the engine carburator setup simulation tests and works, have to be with the KZ kart.

LauZzZn

thats what i thought. we should have buttons to set the carburetor. in real it is like this.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Aritz

Quote from: LauZzZn on October 10, 2012, 05:30:10 PM
thats what i thought. we should have buttons to set the carburetor. in real it is like this.

not for KZ, they use a Dell Orto carburettor, which is not changeable on the fly

LauZzZn

ah yes your right but f100 kf3 and kf1 can do that
but also, i think kf1 is too slow. it is more like kf2! kf1 is for expample as fast as kz1( kf1 was nyck de vries). the kf1 should have more highspeed(not higher rpm) and more hp and more torque!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Aritz

KF1 is not as fast as KZ1. Sometimes, in some tricky tracks, they are quite similar, but mostly the KZ are the fastests ;)