• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:59:19 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 05, 2012, 11:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

it was just was i know.. but anyway the kf1 have to be faster!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Racehard

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 10, 2012, 02:10:53 PM
The maximum grip didn't change at all between beta6 and beta7. There are 3 changes: 1) the peak grip is at lower angle, to give a more "direct" feel to the steering 2) it was increased the grip past the optimal angle, to allow for better control and make drifting possible 3) it was increased the grip past the optimal longitudinal slip, to give better braking feel, but also "taming" the KZ1 and F100  :-\

Number one and two sound pretty good in theory.

Taming a two stroke is something the driver has to deal with on track, not you PiBoSo  ;D
No, for real. A two stroke engine is a beast, but I know you know that. So why tame these engines? I would say they wre on the tamer side before.

Another question, I've noticed with the F100 if you make the rear end step out and you don't get it stepped out far enough, the rear steps back in right away and you have a lot of annoying understeer which destroys the whole turn. Only if you get your rear to step out far enough (wich wasn't easy to reproduce every turn as I wanted to, but this could be due to lack of experience with b7) it was possible to enter the turn the way I wanted. What do the real drivers think about that?

An other thing is, as some others already mentioned I think, it's pretty cool how we are able to go hard over curbs now without being afraid of an roll over, good improvements on that.

Eslotes

I was racing a race,and did a nice clip to want to show you but when i finish the race I could not go to replay and save the replay, because when we finished the race and was already choosing kart for the next track...
Before of this i was running in a server with 6 people and it lags like in hell all 400-500 ping
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

James Beer

at 1 point i think everybody had over 400 ping it was impossible to race with that many people, i left cause it was so bad, did the lag stop after some people had left?

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

James Beer

i had ping of less than 180, matieas makes lag all the time he joined are server and we all had to leave cause of him alone he had 480,

piboso will this be fixed in beta 8?

Sam

I have a problem not a bug coz i dont know if its ment to be or if its a bug k i turned it onto 100% rain and the skyrainy and when i went to the track (lonato) it just had tyre spray but the track looked like it had no water on it?

Falling for kk like

Dan Buck

Just a little stupid question, are we able to carburate during racing as we do in real life?
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

dibu

Quote from: Racehard on October 10, 2012, 07:32:40 PM
Taming a two stroke is something the driver has to deal with on track, not you PiBoSo  ;D
No, for real. A two stroke engine is a beast, but I know you know that. So why tame these engines? I would say they wre on the tamer side before.

+1
even with carburetor=0 the KZ1 lost much of its fun compared to Beta6.

LauZzZn

you have to search for a carburetor setup.not just 0.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: Ƨᗩᗰ   ƘᗩЯ✞ᎥИ❡72 on October 11, 2012, 02:20:21 AM
I have a problem not a bug coz i dont know if its ment to be or if its a bug k i turned it onto 100% rain and the skyrainy and when i went to the track (lonato) it just had tyre spray but the track looked like it had no water on it?
yeah,ive had that problem at a Non-PiBoSo track, i thought it was just because maybe the track had'nt got the file for wet track because when i went to the PiBoSo track Essay it was fine.  ???

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 10, 2012, 02:10:53 PM
Quote from: Aritz on October 10, 2012, 02:04:16 PM
nevermind, I will post here

I think the grip level has to be improved. I don't know how to make this or if I am saying nonsenses, but I think the grip of a tyre should be a lot more flexible than now.

In real world, the tyre has a maximum grip, let's say 100. When the kart asks for more, the tyre begins to spin. Then the kart beggins to lose grip and we have a lot of time to handle this spin. This happens in both axles, but mostly rear. In my opinion, in KRP the kart spins too much when the grip level is past from 100. Once the kart spin starts, there is nothing to do, we go out of the track.

This happens in both axles, front and rear, so with a standard setup, we lose mostly the front, we have understeer. If we change the setup for avoid this understeer, for example increasing caster or reducing rear grip using rear bar or moving forward the seat, when the rear start losing grip, it is almost impossible to control that oversteer.

So my bet is for increasing the grip level curve, doing it more flexible, not increase the maximum grip (which is what it seems was done)

Sorry if my words are not clear, I did what I could

The maximum grip didn't change at all between beta6 and beta7. There are 3 changes: 1) the peak grip is at lower angle, to give a more "direct" feel to the steering 2) it was increased the grip past the optimal angle, to allow for better control and make drifting possible 3) it was increased the grip past the optimal longitudinal slip, to give better braking feel, but also "taming" the KZ1 and F100  :-\

And what about to modify somehow the chassis or whatever, to give more front grip to the karts? I really think that karts have a lot more front grip than in KRP. A real kart almost never has understeer, only when tyres are dead, with rain or with a very bad setup.

Look at this video, you can see my steering wheel, almost every time is countersteering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKampKHtrNA

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on October 11, 2012, 01:25:59 PM
And what about to modify somehow the chassis or whatever, to give more front grip to the karts? I really think that karts have a lot more front grip than in KRP. A real kart almost never has understeer, only when tyres are dead, with rain or with a very bad setup.

Look at this video, you can see my steering wheel, almost every time is countersteering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKampKHtrNA

Are you doing the tests with grooved track?

Aritz

I've tested with 10x multiplier yes.

But I keep testing, don't worry

By the way, rolling start is perfect now; clear and easy. The helping text is what people need. Good improvement!

(Starting line waiting is a bit long, don't you think?)

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Aritz on October 11, 2012, 01:25:59 PM

I agree with you that the karts in real have much more front grip than in krp. In krp I always have to increase the front grip with the setup while I decrease it a lot in real. My setups in B6 of krp, haven't tried B7 yet, were the opposite of mine in real.

But I don't agree that it has to be only oversteer. Oversteer for default setup is good, but with a kind of extreme setups it still should be possible to create understeer so you don't have oversteer anymore. If you have only oversteer in real then your setup sucks and not when you have a little understeer. ;)