• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:08:59 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxrod

can't see that a bump will make it crash, you need to check textures and the names of objects, when you export track look for any errors, and if you know how to use 3dsmax you can sort out the bump, there are a number of options one is to import that section from btb into 3dmax and replace, hope this helps.

Schwoni

the crash should be because centerline, my crashes was because this ;)

Hansen24

Its not the centerline. if i avoid the "bump" when i drive out of the pit it doesnt crash but if i run over it, it crashes
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

Schwoni

hehe ok i would do this in btb, this is easyier than 3ds try to pull only this point up or try with flatten tool but this is a bit complicated.

maxrod

could be, would it load, when sorted out please could you let us know, can't see that it is the bump as we know with buckmore park it still works

maxrod

some people are having problem with bumps on track when converting, the best way to make them flat is to select part of track right click hide unselected, convert to editable poly, top right modify planner select vertex 3 red dots, drag across selction,  there will be red dots, scroll down to geometry make planar xyz should be z. right click unhide all. hope this help.

Hansen24

Quote from: maxrod on July 21, 2011, 09:16:03 PM
some people are having problem with bumps on track when converting, the best way to make them flat is to select part of track right click hide unselected, convert to editable poly, top right modify planner select vertex 3 red dots, drag across selction,  there will be red dots, scroll down to geometry make planar xyz should be z. right click unhide all. hope this help.
I have tried doing that you say put when i do that it just does something like this

If I try on the area i want to the planar
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/testwm.jpg/
If I do it on the entire surface
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/test2is.jpg/

KZ2

maxrod

July 22, 2011, 05:58:44 PM #157 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:39:04 AM by maxrod
hard to know what is going on in the picture, is not part of the track it is terrain, there are ways to correct it but it would be easier to correct it in btb then convert all track back into 3ds max as you did before as another file,hide section you need, Then delete all apart from that section you need, Then unhide, save, go to the one you using then merge the saved section, you will need to delete section in main first, hope you understand as this is somtimes hard to explain.

Hansen24

Meanwhile im waiting on response from the author. Im doing a side project where at the starting marker on the track is visible in 3ds. But it aint visible in either mapviewer, trackED or in the game (i have changed the texture to standard)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/roskildestart.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/roskildestart1.jpg/

KZ2

EVO

Thanks Racehard.   The tutorial is very througho. 

how to scalle in 3ds max

i used goold earth pro to find the track witdth with the ruler in this case 34' or 10.36m  then measured it in 3ds max by looking at the three grid boxes at the bottom.  with the x value constant I noticied the difference in the Y value.  the model track width was .443m 

10.36/100=.443/x   x=2339.2  (percentage diffrence real track to model track)

Select all, right click, click small square next to scale and scale up by 2239.2% in the right percentage box.

if you are a visual learner like me.  I used this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A32LpJH4-8c
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

September 11, 2011, 07:50:47 PM #160 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:41:04 PM by evo1087
i need tech support lol

textures are not showing properly for me 

Hansen24

The textures that are showing black and grey are probably because you havent put the gmt and dds files in the same folder.
I also have a question for racehard: After a pretty long break from converting tracks i have started up a little again. But as soon as i try to load it ingame.. my game crashes
KZ2

Racehard

Quote from: Hansen24 on September 11, 2011, 08:02:46 PM
The textures that are showing black and grey are probably because you havent put the gmt and dds files in the same folder.
I also have a question for racehard: After a pretty long break from converting tracks i have started up a little again. But as soon as i try to load it ingame.. my game crashes

I never had a crsahing game because of a converted track. I am sorry but I just can give the advice to double check the conversion process.

And evo, is this what it is right after import? Then try what Hansen said, your textures didn't get imported.
Did you convert .dds to .tga textures?

Schwoni

@ Hansen: most times game crash because centerline. try to do a new one.

EVO

September 12, 2011, 12:35:02 AM #164 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:26:54 PM by evo1087
yes right after import.  The .dds and .GMT are in the same folder .TGA are in a seperate folder. 

RESOVED: I had to extract both .MAS files. this track came with two looks good now