• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Quote from: Snapper on March 16, 2011, 01:32:59 PM
Quote from: Aritz on March 15, 2011, 09:35:11 PM
By the way, I have another bug that you can see in the second picture, all the texturized walls are shown only from one side, if you are in the other side, the wall is invisible. Look at the roof of the boxes.

It's not a bug, this is standard 3d engine behaviour, all polys facing away from the camera are not shown. You will need to flip the roof polys so that they face downwards!

As for the rain, I can't quite make out what is going on from the screenshots... Make sure that the RGB channels are all white, and your puddles are in the alpha channel only! This link might help (specifically steps 3 & 4)

Thanks but I can see in the tutorial RGB channels painted and activated, not white as you say. I can switch off the "eye" option in channels and then save the file, is this correct?

Snappe

No, switching the eye off won't work. You need to make the RGB channels white, this is specific for the rain in KRP. Ignore the RGB channels in the tutorial I linked, it's for second life (but the procedure is still relevant).

Boris: I'm afraid I've never used BTB so I can't really help with the grass issue

Aritz

Boris Malinov

My problem is not a grass:
I make new track for test and listen this:
Ingame - kickme when load the track, now i will post my projects, please see, and tell where is the problem... 10x
http://bestnews-bg.com/problem.rar

Aritz

Boris Malinov

March 16, 2011, 03:25:27 PM #96 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:35:08 PM by Boris Malinov
Problem is no here.... Please see again very very much thanks to help...
If this is problem was be great, because i'll create 10+ tracks in SEEKZ and other championship on my friend to train and i will share here :)

Aritz

March 16, 2011, 03:38:11 PM #97 Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:48:19 PM by Aritz
I did it! Now the puddles are ok! Thank you snapper for your patience :D

Now I will try to understand how adjust the texture :)

Boris Malinov

YES... I'm fix the problem in the merge :) 10x guys, from where to make to count laps?

Boris Malinov

Hi again, i don't can found how to write start final lights and lights in 3ds max :) ???

Eslotes

Quote from: Aritz on March 16, 2011, 03:38:11 PM
I did it! Now the puddles are ok! Thank you snapper for your patience :D

Now I will try to understand how adjust the texture :)

Macho que guapada Aritz
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

AJ Motorsports

Hi.

Firstly thanks Racehard for your detailed guide to converting. I am in the process of attempting to convert a track from rfactor myself but have hit a stumbling block. I have the plug ins and scripts installed and have got to the point of importing the gmt's to the directory but when i hit 'Import a Directory' and choose the folder where the gmt's are stored nothing happens, nothing loads into 3ds max and i get no error messages. Could this be to do with the fact that i only have a trial version of 3ds max?

If not, any help to get me beyond this point would be much appreciated.

Thalenberghen

Used a trial version too, until yesterday, so that's not the problem. I can also confirm, that the 2010 rfactor plugin works with 3ds Max 2011 32-bit, seems there's something different wrong.

Racehard

Quote from: elitespeedway on March 20, 2011, 04:02:55 PM
Hi.

Firstly thanks Racehard for your detailed guide to converting. I am in the process of attempting to convert a track from rfactor myself but have hit a stumbling block. I have the plug ins and scripts installed and have got to the point of importing the gmt's to the directory but when i hit 'Import a Directory' and choose the folder where the gmt's are stored nothing happens, nothing loads into 3ds max and i get no error messages. Could this be to do with the fact that i only have a trial version of 3ds max?

If not, any help to get me beyond this point would be much appreciated.

Hello,
are you sure that you have installed the right plugin version for your 3ds max version?

AJ Motorsports

Hi Racehard

I have 3ds max 2010 trial version and installed the 2010 plugin from the rfactor link in your tutorial.
In 3ds max it shows me the plugin as per your screenshots but the button to import a directory lets me select a folder then it wont load them in? Strange
Should i try to re install 3ds max & the plugin's?