• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:46 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta1

Started by PiBoSo, December 05, 2010, 09:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

December 05, 2010, 09:51:43 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:28:10 PM by PiBoSo
Kart Racing Pro beta1 released: http://www.kartracing-pro.com

The purpose of this first build is to collect feedback about all aspects of the simulator to create a better release in the future.
So please report bugs and suggest improvements. Even the smallest idea counts!
Also, please don't forget to purchase a license to support development.

devotid

December 06, 2010, 12:21:01 AM #1 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:48:08 AM by devotid
first off WOW....Amazing....ive only done about 30 laps but so far the "feel" is great.  im spinning out everywhere and then learning to catch it..... very fun.

I love the way the force feedback gives you the feeling of the kart"working" or "binding" in the corners .....very cool.  i feel that if i can make smaller adjustments i.e. be smoother through the corners, it really makes a difference in keeping the corner speed up. 

Bravo on the models and graphics!  Im running a 2.6 quad intel with one 5850 ati eyefinity @ 6048x1200 triple screen with 4xAA and im getting a smooth 50-70 FPS.

Im still working on getting the steering set up to feel the way im used too. (ive done a lot of BRkart with Leo FFb and RealFeal) .......is there a way to "stiffen" up the middle of the wheel?.... the wheel seems to go soft a little soon as the kart seems to get rolling...i forgot what it is called but its perfect when the kart is not moving......but........get it rolling just a little bit and the wheel looses the "pressure" very quickly.  i dont really know how to explain it better.  i think its called pneumatic trail or something like that.

edit* i just turned the steering ratio in the setup area down to 3:1 and its AMAZING woohoo!!!!

i will be running this for most of the night and will see if there is anything else that raises awareness.

I will purchase on friday when i get paid.

Wonderful Job.

Kevin
(devotid)

Joned

cbass

kudos to you guys! this is amazing and to think its only beta!

skeerracing

hey guys, 1st off... AMAZING!!!!! This is great, I have found 1 bug, the engine sound seems to be coming from the wrong side (at least for me) so after an hour playing, thats the only bug i see. GREAT JOB!! -Elliott Skeer

Shawn Campbell

December 06, 2010, 07:02:42 AM #5 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:37:20 AM by Shawn Campbell
So far its the most realistic kart sim I've ever played.  The physics are awesome, very close to the real thing.  I've been racing karts for about 6 years, so I've used that as a yardstick to how they drive.  Also, the setup adjustments feel very realistic. 

A couple things I have noticed thus far:

-Normally you would never ever use anything but a 50 mil axle for the KF classes, so I don't know why a 40 and a 30 is in the setup page
-The kart has a bit too much initial understeer and exit oversteer when coming out of the corner.  I've tried some stuff in the garage to fix it, and I definitely made it better, however, I think the way the steering comes into the corner feels like it washes out easily.
-The engine sound seems to switch speakers, one minute its coming out of the left, the next it seems to be coming out of the right speaker.
-Not impressed with the sound of the rushing air over the driver.  It doesn't sound realistic, generally air doesn't have that kind of a whistle to it when you are in the kart, you just hear it as it sounds like "white noise".

Also, I hope that other chassis models get done.  I know that you guys did a Tony Kart for the demo (and for the record, I own a Tony Kart now and it looks just like it, very well done), but some of the other chassis manufacturers and models would be cool too like Birel or CRG for example.

Eslotes

Well first hello to the comunity.Great work PiBoSo.  ;) Little introduction from me,i'm 15 years old i from holland but i leave now in spain like 10 years ago , i do karting now i have leopard spirit next year i gone to buy kf2 tonykart because i gone to ride the valencia championship in spain and this winter i have a winter cup.

But i have questions,1rst question : ¿when come the full version out ? i mean with birel crg tecno Jarno trulli chassis and tyres vega maxxis brigestone mg lecont , motors Maxter parrilla tm sonik ,etc
and the categorys i wish that were 125 open with x30 rotax and leopard that should be awesome.
2nd question in the beta when its start is say put the key, ¿ which key must i put ?
3rd question in the full version how much tracks are there in it, or is like u can dowload from the dowload category [tracks i wish in the game i go to talk the circuits from spain because i from spain Mar menor finestrat
zuera vendrell campillos that are the most famous in spain]

ok that's are the questions PiBoSoi hopp that u answer
greatings eslotes  :D
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Dave_Williams

December 06, 2010, 02:31:26 PM #7 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:34:46 PM by Dave_Williams
Quote from: Shawn Campbell on December 06, 2010, 07:02:42 AM-The kart has a bit too much initial understeer and exit oversteer when coming out of the corner.  I've tried some stuff in the garage to fix it, and I definitely made it better, however, I think the way the steering comes into the corner feels like it washes out easily.

Reduce castor and, though you end up with more understeer overall and less grip, it's easier to drive generally, especially on corner exit.

My thoughts. This is fantastic. Amazing what one developer can achieve. The fundamentals feel great, and it's hands down the best feeling kart sim I've tried (not that there's much competition in this area of sim racing but still!).

Few points though:
- Feels to me like the slick tyres overall have a little too much grip in the dry. I've seen people do 43's already, and I can easily see how that's possible, but isn't that a couple of seconds faster than what's ran in real life?
- Wet tyres feel a fair bit too grippy to me too in the Wet. The slick tyres in the wet are pretty much spot on, i.e. there's none. :DDD
- FFB. Overall feels pretty good, but seems to go very light when cornering at high speed, which doesn't seem right to me.
- Can I turn off the view movement when driving? Especially the horizontal movement, I'm finding fairly annoying at the moment.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Dave_Williams on December 06, 2010, 02:31:26 PM
- Feels to me like the slick tyres overall have a little too much grip in the dry. I've seen people do 43's already, and I can easily see how that's possible, but isn't that a couple of seconds faster than what's ran in real life?
- Can I turn off the view movement when driving? Especially the horizontal movement, I'm finding fairly annoying at the moment.

As a reference, in real life KF1 are around 43.0, KF3 44.5 and KZ1 42.0. A direct comparison with simulator is difficult, though.

What exactly is annoying about head movement? Left-right movement or forward - backward?

Eslotes

QuoteWhat exactly is annoying about head movement? Left-right movement or forward - backward?

how can i move the head to the wheel of the kart
PD: Answer my questions
But i have questions,1rst question : ¿when come the full version out ? i mean with birel crg tecno Jarno trulli chassis and tyres vega maxxis brigestone mg lecont , motors Maxter parrilla tm sonik ,etc
and the categorys i wish that were 125 open with x30 rotax and leopard that should be awesome.
2nd question in the beta when its start is say put the key, ¿ which key must i put ?
3rd question in the full version how much tracks are there in it, or is like u can dowload from the dowload category [tracks i wish in the game i go to talk the circuits from spain because i from spain Mar menor finestrat
zuera vendrell campillos that are the most famous in spain]

Greatings Eslotes

Dave_Williams

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 06, 2010, 02:57:13 PMAs a reference, in real life KF1 are around 43.0, KF3 44.5 and KZ1 42.0. A direct comparison with simulator is difficult, though.

What exactly is annoying about head movement? Left-right movement or forward - backward?

Oh OK, if the times are like than then it's near spot on. :)

Regarding the movement, it's mostly the left-right movement which annoys me. I know some people like that effect, but I find it disconnects me from the kart a bit.

Snappe

Quote from: Eslotes on December 06, 2010, 02:59:17 PM

You recieve a key to unlock full version via email, if you buy a licence!

Nick Johnston

Quote from: Snapper on December 06, 2010, 04:44:09 PM

Dave, you can shut that off in the Settings screen.. I believe near options.

PiBoSo, to me it feels like there is too much grip, and not enough speed possibly? I hardly have to use the brakes in the KF1 (just the rears, no fronts) or else I slow down too much and my lap times are slower. It should be almost necessary to use the front brakes in hard braking zones.

Eslotes

Quote from: Snapper on December 06, 2010, 04:44:09 PM

Whell i have bought the full version and i didnt recieve a email with the key :s

Dave_Williams

Quote from: Nick Johnston on December 06, 2010, 05:03:11 PMDave, you can shut that off in the Settings screen.. I believe near options.

Hmm, I can't find anything to actually turn of view movement when cornering and stuff, only options for corner anticipation etc (which I have off).

Anyway here's a fairly tidy lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI43XCyO7RE