• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:57:09 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Beta 6

Started by Aritz, February 02, 2012, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersic

Where is the problem in making the bumps in 3d? Just move some vertices a few cm up or down in the are where they should be, thats the way i do them since 2004 and it always feels great also on my KRP track. Its a thing of 2minutes.
Good Modders do not use the the "code" in rF because they are not very real...

Aritz

Quote from: supersic on February 14, 2012, 12:06:05 PM
Where is the problem in making the bumps in 3d? Just move some vertices a few cm up or down in the are where they should be, thats the way i do them since 2004 and it always feels great also on my KRP track. Its a thing of 2minutes.
Good Modders do not use the the "code" in rF because they are not very real...

The problem for me is to know how the real bumps are. I feel them when I drive but I can't exactly know how to do them on virtual. Any trick? :)

supersic

hmmm, reading my post will help you :D

EVO

Select all the meshed and do a edit mesh modifier then select all the vertices including nearby grass you want to raise  so that you dont get any holes in the mesh.  if it is a local bump (just small bump on track) just the track mesh selected should be enough
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Yeah, I know how to do it but I don't know how to do a REAL bump... They need many polygons...

I tried with Magescq track and the results were not very good I have to say :S

EVO

hmmm i think robby knows.  3ds max master that guy.  He made a sand trap seemlessly fade to grass using max properties not textures. 
maybe you can select a polygon detach it and subdivide it giving it more detail then raise those vertices?  just my guess

David Waters

Any chance of the FFB dropping out at some tracks being fixed at all?

Nitrox

Quote from: David Waters on February 14, 2012, 01:24:59 PM
Any chance of the FFB dropping out at some tracks being fixed at all?
+1

Laser scanned tracks would be amazing. BTB has this option i think.

David Waters

Quote from: Nitrox on February 14, 2012, 01:29:23 PM
Laser scanned tracks would be amazing. BTB has this option i think.
The laser scanned tracks in rFactor were created using a special version of BTB which was modified to import laser scanned data. Considering that the developer of BTB is pretty much inactive online now, I doubt we could convince him to let us use it. And even if we could, laser scanning equipment is very expensive.

I'd just be happy with the ffb problem being fixed tbh :)

supersic

Why should you need many polys for a bump? As i said i am working since 2004 with this method without problems. You dont have to see the bump, it just have to effect like a real bump.

EVO

which tracks have you done?  i want to look at in mapview and take notes

supersic

I only work for private drivers with nda, so no public tracks available.

Cloudheaven

Why move vertices or add fake bump when the most kart track is flat?
Anyway, without using expensive laser tracking, i find that the GPS is pretty accurated
for a correct representation of the track, quite simple and easy!

Aritz

Me too, I want to understand how to do them so easy as you say :)

I've tried and the bumps are not like reals, my virtual bumps are very sharpen, like triangles, and the behaviour of the kart is not real either :( That is why I think there are needed more polygons, to smooth them and to prevent little jumps of the kart. Some time ago, Piboso said that KRP doesn't handle very well the impacts to sharpen objects like kerbs yet, so I guess the "bad" mapped bumps are similar.

Cloudheaven

Only with BTB you can import directly the .CSV file with the GPS coordinates.
And only driving a kart with a GPS system on a track, you can have the GPS data to import.