• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:34 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

Quote from: maxrod on February 17, 2012, 02:44:49 PM
If you want less polygons you can use Optimize modifier.

THY all work fine now and still look very good :)

Schwoni

WHat about this? the 3d gras i can see through that bush. is it possible to fix?

EVO

the tree texture has CK prefix.  What about my treee? can i make it for you and then you test it you like it or not which you will becasue I <3 trees. My studies in school is desiging products (primarily houses) to save natural resrouces like trees
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

i can test ur tree. And that tree has CK prefix. Anyway i need ur help ;)

EVO

I remember i had this problem with the 3d grass but i forget how idixed it.   
try SHAD for trees.  I think the kerbs at buern lok great but i dont play at high res so Ill tey to make that for you.  The problem is you cant really make a lower res picture higher res with good results. 

Schwoni

February 22, 2012, 07:58:17 PM #230 Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:40:16 PM by Schwoni
i changed 3 tesxtures to another one in HD so 3 new HD textures. after that it is impossible to export. then i changed all 3 textures to 1024 now the exporter tell me: warnig extensions corrected and after that it crash -.- always i tried now round about 30 times.

now i reduced again the polys and now it have worked, the map was 263 MB now i added only bumpy and that should be the final but now again always crash -.-
Does that EDF exporter have a limit of 300 MB? or any other limit?

Schwoni

in mapviewer i still can look through that bushes also with CK prefix maybe i  have done wrong? my texture name is Bush01.tga so i called the bushes CK_Bush01.tga_object1,2,3.... is that right? it still looks weird

maxrod

In photoshop is the alpha channel solid white, Ctrl+L input levels as they need to be solid white.

EVO

I think i rembered how i fixed it this
The RBG channel of the blades texture shoulfnt have any anyhting just white.

Your blades_color.tga or whatever referenced in the .grs file should be all color of the grass. 
I think

Schwoni

do the dynamic now work if i only add a surface in tracked to the tracks?
And what about tracked? is there a new one? because there is no link in downloads section.
Do we need a new exporter for that new mirror effect of glas ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on March 28, 2012, 10:16:52 PM
do the dynamic now work if i only add a surface in tracked to the tracks?
And what about tracked? is there a new one? because there is no link in downloads section.
Do we need a new exporter for that new mirror effect of glas ?

Dynamic track surface should work simply creating the surface in TrackEd.
A new exporter and new tools are needed to use reflections.
They are not ready yet.

Schwoni

March 30, 2012, 01:32:11 AM #236 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:51:41 AM by Schwoni
what about this?

a new bug or can i do something wrong? this rubber appears if u drive 2 laps online, so no miltiplier.
btw: i tested dynamic on kimbolton only created a surface and tested but don`t work.

beau261

How do I install tracks to try?
Call me stupid, but I can't find instructions for this anywhere.
I'm new to this sim.I am enjoying it allot so far.

Thanks

EVO

in your installation directory extract tracks.pkz
you now have a tracks folder, inside you will see eassy,lonato,and ryehouse.  in those folders you will see the files for the tracks
put your downloaded tracks in side this tracks folder and make sure when you open them in this folder the track files are in them and not another folder with the name of the track

beau261

Quote from: EVO on April 03, 2012, 10:22:21 AM
in your installation directory extract tracks.pkz
you now have a tracks folder, inside you will see eassy,lonato,and ryehouse.  in those folders you will see the files for the tracks
put your downloaded tracks in side this tracks folder and make sure when you open them in this folder the track files are in them and not another folder with the name of the track

When you say "Extract" the file, do you mean using software like Winzip etc?