• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:04 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

by softperimeter you mean you make the brush hardness lower right?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

nak

Evo thanks for the explanation on the density map! This could be a big help in the future.

Rupe W

hello, im working with Kennett at RD on a project Cicada for race 07 and where having a problem with the AIW were using bobs track builder (please dont slate us but its what he uses....) if you think you can help have a look at this thread and give input.... with thanks Rupe....   http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/cicada-gp.29603/page-2#post-1054716

Schwoni

i have a problem with my MAP file. my old map was 135 MB mapviewer crashed always but in krp it worked all fine. Now i copied all my 3d objects so i used Shad prefix on 3d objects and that second i called WLLCONCINVISIBLE  i also have done in that 135 MB map and all worked fine very good FPS. Now i have done with all objects Map 145 MB and Mapviewer still crash but now also KRP don`t work -.- i tested new trp but old map and all work. so the Problem Must be in MAP file. someone an idea? 

Nitrox

Maybe multiple objects with the same name?

Schwoni

February 13, 2012, 08:50:34 PM #216 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:22:09 PM by Schwoni
WTF i send now to 2 guys because i can`t believe that i`m so stupid and can do something wrong at MAP export. for both it work. That mean that i have the same problem now like other guys with roskilde and new la conca. i have another track it is 250 MB that don`t work too. My track worked with map filesize to 135 Mb more = crash -.-

That`s uncool

But now we know the problem maybe. But how is that possible that it work for some guys and for some not?

i think my system:

AMD Quad Core @ 3 GHZ
8Gb Ram
ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048 MB
Win 7 64 Bit

Isn`t so shit.

So after 5 tries every time waited 5- 10 mins all work now-.- i don`t understand but all work. SRY

Schwoni

Hi i have a small problem with Material editor in 3ds. i have done a new power mast after that i wanted to texture it and now in mat editor all my materials aren`t there i only see that 2 default of powermast. I can`t find a way or button to change that list in material editor. I must go back to my material but i can`t find. Please help

robby

swoni if you want i wil have a look at the file?
glad to help you out
i speak german bad i dont ride it to well
sya robby

EVO

YOu mateirals are gone from the scene too?  If you use the eye  drooper in the material screen and pick a object it will go back into the screen

Schwoni

February 17, 2012, 02:09:14 PM #220 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:18:42 PM by Schwoni
yes i found it out :)

Another question now i have very much Polygons and now i can`t export the map file. What is the limit of max Polygons? i have had all closed now only 3ds was at exporting 3 hours and nothing it only do nothing create shadowmaps and after that nothing, ending log don`t appear.

Task manager show cpu 0% use 3ds so it really do nothing but why? with a bit lesser polys it work with so much ( 3 million ) not ^^

robby

I think 3milian polys is a bid overkil lol thad elektrik pylon is hi poly and i think it looks awsome bad the game is gona suffer at the place the pylon is wen you kan export it we wil figer out wat to do later on i think its best to redo the pylon wit a lot les polys.
I wil help you with it you model and i tel you wat to do haha ;D
Hope to katch you tonicht on msn had a bal yesterday and i was tired wen the alarm went of this morning haha ;D

Schwoni

HAHA i too :) now i deleted all power masts and lines. so i`m now almost like beta 1 or 2^^ now i can export but he say: warning extensions corrected -.- But what`s wrong if he say this? i have never had. What does it mean?

maxrod

If you want less polygons you can use Optimize modifier.

EVO

yup that works good for dashes which should be under 500 verts