• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

BETA6B lag problem (was Beta 4 graphics lag problem)

Started by marcocale, November 06, 2011, 01:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcocale

April 03, 2012, 02:07:54 PM #15 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:09:27 PM by marcocale
Yes Piboso, already updated to last version of Catalyst 12.3 (28/03/2012)

I was wondering if there is an alternative to the official OpenGl drivers, some specific and/or modded OpenGl driver that could work better.
Or some configuration hack that could be done on OpenGl settings to make it perform better.

I hope to be able to solve the problem, Kartracing Pro is GREAT and is becoming every build better. I want to fully enjoy!!!

So any help, as all you guys are doing, is greatly appreciated.  ;)

When I use the shifter kart, it seems to me to come back at when I was driving my All Kart Villa 125cc on tracks!!!! :)

PiBoSo

At the moment there no hint where the problem is, so unfortunately it is difficult to suggest a workaround.
It would be useful to know if others suffer stuttering.

marcocale

April 04, 2012, 12:07:48 AM #17 Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:21:34 AM by marcocale
Thank you Piboso.
I'm doing other experiments, will post if I'll find the solution.

EDIT: tried almost everything that coems to my mind. Nothing to do. In the next days I'll try to overclock.
But for me is definetively something related to the horrific support of OpenGL from ATI.

I really would like to know if there is omeone with a stock PC (not overclocked) and an ATI HD5870 GFX that is able torun the game smootly.

marcocale

Just an update, just tried also this ( http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/fix-for-rage-drivers-crashing-other-opengl-games-or-applications/#comments).
It was reported also to cure lag and stutter problem in OGL for Ati drivers.  Extracted the atioglxx.dll of the 64 bit version in the folder where Kart Racing Pro is installed. Tried also with the 32 bit and aslo some previous version of drivers.
Nothing changed in rspect of lagging, nevertheless this tip cured some flickering and flashing object (mainly fences and trees in Lonato) that I didn't mentioned before because aboslutely secondary compared to lagging.

PiBoSo: I ask you a please. If you could me post a link tor redownload the Beta3 (the last I was sure had no lagging), I want to check how that version run NOW on my system.
I want to understand if it's something related to KRP, or something that has to do with my system (new Ati buggy drivers, etc.). Unfortunately I have on my HD only Beta4,5 and 6B.

It could very helpful also if someone with the same GFX could tell me if all is working OK with the newest Ati drivers (12.3).

PiBoSo

April 04, 2012, 12:11:19 PM #19 Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:40:37 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: marcocale on April 04, 2012, 08:31:15 AM
Just an update, just tried also this ( http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/fix-for-rage-drivers-crashing-other-opengl-games-or-applications/#comments).
It was reported also to cure lag and stutter problem in OGL for Ati drivers.  Extracted the atioglxx.dll of the 64 bit version in the folder where Kart Racing Pro is installed. Tried also with the 32 bit and aslo some previous version of drivers.
Nothing changed in rspect of lagging, nevertheless this tip cured some flickering and flashing object (mainly fences and trees in Lonato) that I didn't mentioned before because aboslutely secondary compared to lagging.

PiBoSo: I ask you a please. If you could me post a link tor redownload the Beta3 (the last I was sure had no lagging), I want to check how that version run NOW on my system.
I want to understand if it's something related to KRP, or something that has to do with my system (new Ati buggy drivers, etc.). Unfortunately I have on my HD only Beta4,5 and 6B.

It could very helpful also if someone with the same GFX could tell me if all is working OK with the newest Ati drivers (12.3).

Here http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/beta3/krp-beta3b.exe it is possible to download beta3.
There shouldn't be flickering or flashing objects. Could you please make sure the "Bits" in Settings -> Graphics are set to 32?

marcocale

Thank You

Yes, set in 32

I suspect something really wrong in the newest OGL Ati driver. Nevertheless remember I'm using it on 3 monitors Eyefinity conf. I have seens that sometimes with that configuration you have some object flicker that you normally don't have on teh same system with a single monitor. Nevertheless that Ati GL library totally solved that issue for me, so worth for me to investigate and eventually stick with that.

If also Beta3 will lag (never done) I'll be sure it's soemthing related to my system and/or some bug in Ati OGL driver.

Will infrom you as soon as I'll able to eprform this test.

Bye and thank for the prompt support!  :D

marcocale

PiBoSo

marcocale

Thanks!  8)

Hope to come back soon with good news!

marcocale

After testing can confirm:
Beta 3 always smooth on every condition
From Beta 4 stuttering, graphic lag every 4/5 sec.. The lag can have different duration without a rule

Problem on both XP e Win7 so I'm convinced that reinstalling Win7 doesn't help.
At this point it should be something strictly related with my HW conf, but can't really find what.

It has to be some setting (in bios? In SO??) that I'm not able to find.

Everything else (but I use on DX program) run very smootly on my PC.

At the moment no idea (overclock apart) on what could be done, except changing PC or at least GFX

My conf:

Kart Racing Pro Beta6B
Ati 5870 Vapor latest Ati driver installed (12.3)
AMD P955
8Gb Ram
Win7 64
Mb M4A79T DeLuxe
Sound onboard Realtek (but nothing change also with an old Audigy 2)
Logitech G25

marcocale

Can't find a clue.
First time a computer beat me  >:(
I'm starting to think that to solve my problem I'll have to wait when I'll change my PC.
I know I'm telling something logical (since it's one of the things changed from Beta4), but it seems to be related with the dynamic condition of the track.
If I set groove and wet multiplier to 20 lag/stuttering seems to be worse.
Don't know if it can give to you PiBoSo some idea on something more to try (is there for example a way to disable the dynamic condition, just to see if it's thr thing my computer can't properly manage).

Very strange that no other with the same GFX or similar config doesn't suffer such problems, on my system it's the same on 2 differnt partition, one Seven, the other XP. So I suspect that also reinstalling SO could not help.

PiBoSo

Quote from: marcocale on April 07, 2012, 07:09:50 PM
Can't find a clue.
First time a computer beat me  >:(
I'm starting to think that to solve my problem I'll have to wait when I'll change my PC.
I know I'm telling something logical (since it's one of the things changed from Beta4), but it seems to be related with the dynamic condition of the track.
If I set groove and wet multiplier to 20 lag/stuttering seems to be worse.
Don't know if it can give to you PiBoSo some idea on something more to try (is there for example a way to disable the dynamic condition, just to see if it's thr thing my computer can't properly manage).

Very strange that no other with the same GFX or similar config doesn't suffer such problems, on my system it's the same on 2 differnt partition, one Seven, the other XP. So I suspect that also reinstalling SO could not help.

It is for sure a problem with dynamic track surface. All the hints point to the textures update.
If a workaround is possible, it will be integrated in the next build.

marcocale

Thank You.

Nevertheless I'm sure I should be able to solve myself also in my config. It's only a matter of finding what has to be changed.
Usually I'm successful on it, but this time.......

Unfortunately the fact that no other seems to have the same issue doesn't help.

PiBoSo

Quote from: marcocale on April 07, 2012, 10:36:18 PM
Thank You.

Nevertheless I'm sure I should be able to solve myself also in my config. It's only a matter of finding what has to be changed.
Usually I'm successful on it, but this time.......

Unfortunately the fact that no other seems to have the same issue doesn't help.

Could you please check that the CPU is constantly running at full speed and not dropping to a lower multiplier?

marcocale

April 12, 2012, 01:44:02 PM #29 Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:57:49 PM by marcocale
Should not be the case, nevertheless will check possibly this evening.
Thanks for your great support!

EDIT: I have seen this thread http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1601.0
It seems could be something similar to my problem.
If yes we should exclude GFX problems (he has a Nvidia), also because I tried almost everything possible on it.

I see we have a similar type of processor (AMD Phenom II), you suggest me to check the processor speed.... are we facing a possible solution???? ;)