• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

BETA6B lag problem (was Beta 4 graphics lag problem)

Started by marcocale, November 06, 2011, 01:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcocale

November 06, 2011, 01:27:13 AM Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:40:26 AM by marcocale
Beta 4 has for me a problem never had before (at least till beta3)

Every 4/5 sec I have a graphic lag, the image freeze for a fraction of a second, making impossible to drive well.

Kart Racing Pro Beta4B
Ati 5870 Vapor latest Ati driver installed
AMD P955
4Gb Ram
Tried on 2 different partition, one with XP 32 and one with Win7 64 and both have the problem.
No problem with other simulator, even if I assume KRP is the only in OpenGL. Nevertheless till the beta 3 absolutely never experienced such problem.

Tried more or less everything could come to my mind (graph settings, Vsync resolution, etc).

Now I try to ask here if someone has a suggestion for me.

Thank You in advance

Marco

dibu

There are other 5870 users with similar problems in other games. Maybe you can find a soloution here:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=122925&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

I use a 6870 without problems.

PiBoSo

November 06, 2011, 10:18:50 AM #2 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:47:01 AM by PiBoSo
If it only happens with wet track, then it's a known problem: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1037.msg6150#msg6150

marcocale

November 06, 2011, 10:32:50 AM #3 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:49:47 AM by marcocale
Thank you both.  :)

I missed that post PiBoSo. The problem seems definetively worst in wet condition, I'll check better, but as you say, probably the lag is not present when the track is dry (or at least it seemed to me to be why less evident).
Just for information (but for sure you already know) in beta 3 there was no lag also with wet track, so it's something that has to be introduced with the new dynamic surface track condition.
So I assume that you have already identified the problem and that will be fixed in next releases.

Nevertheless I'll take care also of the suggestion of dibu.
I had already heard of that problem for 5870 users, but never read about a solution. I'll take a look at the post linked and hopeefully will find there a solution.

Thank you again

Marco

tubefactor

I have to agree that B4 introduced a graphics lag problem.
Not only in the wet, as I reported a problem concerning the Amsterdam indoor track, which most of the time is dry  ;)

As I have also an ATI (AMD) graphic cart, and as PiBoSo stated that NVIDIA has better open GL drivers could this be an ATI related issue?
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

dibu

I just took a closer look at the framerates at Amsterdam Indoor with Beta4b. (profile.ini - showfps=1)

You are right, there are two positions where the framerate drops.
The first is in front of the photo flash and the second is on the bridge after the hairpin.

My framerates for the rest of the track are between 240 and 380. At the two locations it drops to about 125.
It's still way enough, so I never realized that there is a framerate drop.

After this test I did the same with Beta3b.
Here the framerate rarely dropped beyond 300 and at the two problem locations it was still more than 200.

marcocale

Just to clarifly, since I think we are speaking of 2 different things. My problem seems to be a little bit different, it's not a frame rate problem, but a STUTTERING problem.

My frame rate is quite constant, but I have a lag every 5/6 seconds independently form the position on the track.
So definitively not a problem like you, where you have only a framerate drop in defined positions.
As far as I understand, PiBoSo is referring to my stuttering problem as a well know problem that will be solved in next releases.

PiBoSo

The problem reported by marcocale is well know and fill be fixed in future releases.
The one reported by tubefactor is probably due to a lot of polygons that become visible after a turn, and could be partially solved re-exporting the track, if possible, with the new exporter that generates slightly more optimized geometry.

crazymasterblaster

I have the same problem too but only when i host an online game.

marcocale

Quote from: marcocale on November 06, 2011, 01:27:13 AM

Every 4/5 sec I have a graphic lag, the image freeze for a fraction of a second, making impossible to drive well.

Kart Racing Pro Beta4B
AMD P955
4Gb Ram
Tried on 2 different partition, one with XP 32 and one with Win7 64 and both have the problem.
No problem with other simulator, even if I assume KRP is the only in OpenGL. Nevertheless till the beta 3 absolutely never experienced such problem.

Tried more or less everything could come to my mind (graph settings, Vsync resolution, etc).

Thank You in advance

Marco

Coming back after long time, I still have the same problem.
The problem should be solved in Beta5. Unfortunately for me still problem both with Beta5 and Beta6B.
It' soemthing less with dry track, neverthelsse lag is present, a lot worse in wet condition.
Very strange is that things become worse as long as I'm lapping. At beginning is surely betetr, but after 2/3 laps very bad.
It's for sure some configuration parameter in my config, but I checked almost everything and didn't find a clue.
Is there someone with the same GC that is able to run smootly KRP and can share with me his Graphic settings?

Thanks!

M.

EVO

buy more ram and slightly overlcock your PC using K10STAT
research overclocking and RAM capactiy for your motherboard and RAM types before purchasing.

I have a modern low-end laptop that i upgraded which used to get frame skip (stuttering) and run at 15fps in turns
now i get virtually no frame skip and 30fps in turns.  Should help.  if it doesnt youll have a faster PC as result anyway.

with K10Stat overclock is easy. After playing you can revert to a more conservative setting.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

Also my Windows 7 experience (system benchmark built into WIN7) went from 5.2 to 5.8 out of 7 in gaming graphics. 

marcocale

Thank for your hep.
Forgotten to say that in the meantime I upgraded to 8 Gb RAM (Kingston HyperX if I remember correctly) and I no more use XP, but only Win7 64.

Will try to overclock (I was in the past very addicted to overclocking Pc's), but nevertheless I'm sure it's should work also without.

It's for sure some wrong configuration, or probably the Ati is not suited for openGL?
The problem is very strange, since it's independent from resolution: both I try in 3 screen Eyefinity 5.... x 1... (don't remember exactly the res) or 800x600 the problem looks the same.

Very strange!

Nevertheless , will try to overclock, old times come back!!!!  ;D

EVO

yeah i over clocked from 1.5 to 2.8. at 3.1 it becomes unstable.  I hope you know the limits of yours

PiBoSo

April 03, 2012, 10:37:18 AM #14 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:58:34 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: marcocale on April 03, 2012, 02:39:00 AM
Quote from: marcocale on November 06, 2011, 01:27:13 AM

Kart Racing Pro Beta4B
AMD P955
4Gb Ram

Thank You in advance

Marco

Coming back after long time, I still have the same problem.
The problem should be solved in Beta5. Unfortunately for me still problem both with Beta5 and Beta6B.
It' soemthing less with dry track, neverthelsse lag is present, a lot worse in wet condition.
Very strange is that things become worse as long as I'm lapping. At beginning is surely betetr, but after 2/3 laps very bad.
It's for sure some configuration parameter in my config, but I checked almost everything and didn't find a clue.
Is there someone with the same GC that is able to run smootly KRP and can share with me his Graphic settings?

Thanks!

M.

This seems to be a problem with the ATI OpenGL drivers.
Are them already updated to the latest official ones?