• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:13:21 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

High quality Velox 2011

Started by backwardsbanana, June 15, 2011, 10:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbanana

Hey guys ! I'm here to make my own version of the 2011 Velox kart, but I need your help guys. Can anyone please find me some high resolution logos of Velox logo and SGM Engines? It would help alot :)
I will later post my progress of the kart.

backwardsbanana

I have a problem, I had the same problem with the Energy but not as much. Look at the lines ingame, they go so ugly and sharp, although it looks silkysmooth in Photoshop. Anyone know whats the problem ?

Ingame :

Photoshop :

PiBoSo

Quote from: backwardsbanana on June 15, 2011, 03:41:08 PM
I have a problem, I had the same problem with the Energy but not as much. Look at the lines ingame, they go so ugly and sharp, although it looks silkysmooth in Photoshop. Anyone know whats the problem ?

This is due to textures compression.

backwardsbanana

Ok I didn't really understand that sentence, what did I do to cause this and how is the best way to remove it ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: backwardsbanana on June 15, 2011, 03:51:18 PM
Ok I didn't really understand that sentence, what did I do to cause this and how is the best way to remove it ?

The engine uses a lossy compression for textures to save video memory.
Nothing can be done at the moment.

Racehard

But why didn't that happen to the other lines? Or my FA kart paint, there are several lines on it and they are all super sharp?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on June 15, 2011, 05:06:47 PM
But why didn't that happen to the other lines? Or my FA kart paint, there are several lines on it and they are all super sharp?

Then maybe backwardsbanana is going through JPG compression instead of saving directly to TGA format?

backwardsbanana

Nope, right from PSD to tga. It's weird that only some of the lines are like that, not all. Also on the Energy corse, in the front this happened, but not on the sides :S

Racehard

Hmm, maybe it is caused of something you do in photoshop, to paint these lines?

Btw apart from the problem, the paint is just amazing, great work!

backwardsbanana

Some lines are drawn with doing a selection with the pen tool and then brushing the inside with the selected colour and some are strokes of selections.

Should I keep on doing the skin as I am doing or should I stop or what? Give me some advice.

Racehard

June 15, 2011, 10:59:54 PM #10 Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:10:58 PM by Racehard
I wish I could give you some advice, even I don't think it is the way you paint, but you could try to point out if you did something different and what you did different on those lines which don't look that good.

T.J. Koyen

Do you have Illustrator? It really works better for pen tool drawings, as that's what it's made for. It could be from how you're selecting it. Instead of making a selection and brushing it in, just draw the shape with the pen tool as a shape layer.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

backwardsbanana

Ok, even though the lines are really crappy and sharp, I still decided to finish the kart. It doesn't have any logos on it because I couldn't find any high resolution logos. If you guys want, I can also make the suit and create those logos myself ( It would take alot of time, but if you guys want it, I can do it ). Here is a picture of how it looks like, tell me if you want me to release this thing or not ;)

On the picture the kart doesn't even look THAT bad, but believe me, it's not good...

Josi

Looks really good.
Keep the good work up!

Diddy4957