• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:53:21 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Some more:

-Dirty tyres MUST clean quickly! 20-30 meters should be enough I think. And with wet asphalt, 5 meters should be enough, don't forget that water cleans the tyres ;)

-When the WET or DRY tyres are pre-selected in garage's up section (DRY Qualify, DRY race, WET qualify, WET race) the game preselects DRY tyres if the day is sunny or cloudy. But if the day is sunny but the aspalt is WET, dry tyres are pre-selected aswell and maybe it is not the best default choice, don't you think? The problem will be how the game knows which tyre is better for such conditions... A long race will need dry tyres, the asphalt should dry after few laps but short race will need wet tyres...

Nitrox

Quote from: Aritz on February 06, 2012, 06:19:05 PM
-Dirty tyres MUST clean quickly! 20-30 meters should be enough I think. And with wet asphalt, 5 meters should be enough, don't forget that water cleans the tyres ;)

+1

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Aritz on February 06, 2012, 06:19:05 PM

+1

Racehard

Yeah +1, in videos tyres get dirty quickly but they get clean quickly aswell.

EVO

how do you feel about the cold tire grip? I think its pretty good. It usually takes me about one lap to get my tires up to temp at my track (real life).  without forcing it.  Also the first turn i make cold is scary becasue their is no grip almost like on ice so i understeer aalllloootttt.  Then when i press the throttle it rotates around sometimes I can pull of a sweet slide but after the tires heat up its really hard to slide like that especially with soft compound tires.I think cold tires should have less grip but warm up faster.  waht do you think guys?  of course it depends on track temperature. 

Als I see in replays many people have gotten the hang of sliding the kart into the truns and not spinning coming out.  I find myself having a hard time doing this and spinning coming out of the turn. I want to blame it on my Logitech DFP pedals but i thnk it is me.  lol. 
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

+1 u are right one lap to warm up the tires is ok i think. it depends on track temp and grip. That spinning out of turns i think is a bit too less with my Max i have no problems to do that if i want, only a short fast steer fullthrottle and u have a little bit of spinning and u can do a nice and smooth power slide ;) i can`t do this in krp. in Bueren that long 180° corners u can do very nice drifts in real also with 4 stroke 20 HP, but in krp it is hard and i used the most slippery asph ( CASPH) with ica no problem :) and there u get wheelspin on straight with cold tires :) so my suggestion is to have more wheelspin ( not so much grip) or something like that.

But most important for me is to improve netcode and that crashes ( setup, Marbles etc... )

dibu

February 07, 2012, 08:36:50 PM #186 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:07:40 PM by dibu
+1

and please PiBoSo make the loudness of the opponents adjustable, maybe with an additional line in the profile.ini. With a KS1 it's very important for me to hear the revs of my own engine. ATM the other karts are much too loud.

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on February 07, 2012, 08:36:50 PM
and please PiBoSo make the loudness of the opponents adjustable, maybe with an additional line in the profile.ini. With a KS1 it's very important for me to hear the revs of my own engine. ATM the other karts are much too loud.

+1

This is a must I think

dibu

Also very important:
With shifting help off, (down)shifting is not reliable on many tracks. E.g. Amay, Velodrom, Goldenport, Buckmore, Nordschleife and some others.

PHYSICS
Solve KS1 downshift problems on bumpy tracks

andrius22

there is one thing you really need change,the grip in lonato should be much more good,because in real life you don't slip so much,when it's more then 19 tempeture,you don't slip anytime.And offcourse force feedback should be much more stronger.

EVO

andrius22 sounds like you have driven on the real Lonato, south garda. Must be nice training and feeling.

I think o have a solution for your force feedback
if you open you logitevch profiler and goto settings you raise the force feed back strength, if you want even more you can raise it in KRP
Ive read 2004 and earlier steering wheels dont have teh greatest force feed back.  the G25 and G27 i hear are raelly good. Also when you raise the FFB be aware that it puts alot of stress on the motor in the steering wheel.  I play with FFB at 150-200 (KRP) and default levels in the Logitech profiler.  This is enough for me.  My for arms begin to hurt after 30 minutes.

andrius22

Yes,i have driven a race in lonato in october,and i am going to it on summer.I don't know what i did with my profile,but my hands did't start to hurt after 30minutes :D.Maybe i should the default profilier settings :)

EVO

no lift shifting should not be possible
Reduced maximum rpm for ks1.  Not rev limited buy rev up greatly reduced past 16000rpm

EVO

KC3 Engine did not break at over 90 degreees celcius

Diddy4957

thts believable in WSK i accidently got my engine to 98 degrees c and panicked opened the radiator fully so it colled to 50 and the engine was fine, but it was only laps in so it wasnt hot for tht long so they dont always break until they've been hot for about a whole lap or 2