• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:41:10 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan Dunnett

- add a unit (mm?) for toe... and make it a 'per side' setting (ie. like camber)
- add a unit (mm?) for camber
- add the ability to change rims (different widths, different shape, aluminium vs mag, etc.)
- add the ability to change hub length
- add more axles, ie. extra soft, different brands (an OTK axle will behave differently to a CRG axle), etc.
- add the option to tighten/loosen the floor pan

Also I was thinking for the seat position, let us change the angle and maybe make a screen to show the other dimensions of the position? Like how far the top lip is from the axle in mm, distance from the bottom of the seat to the bottom of the chassis rails, front of the seat to the front bar on the chassis, or other measurements you would use to position a seat in real life.

EVO

November 09, 2011, 04:06:46 AM #166 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:17:01 AM by evo1087
I will put some of this is the fixes thread and some in the new features thread.

I really like the rim idea.  The tony kart rims are superlight yet stiff putting the grip into the pavement

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: jnl.42 on November 09, 2011, 03:45:32 AM
- add a unit (mm?) for toe... and make it a 'per side' setting (ie. like camber)
- add a unit (mm?) for camber
- add the ability to change rims (different widths, different shape, aluminium vs mag, etc.)
- add the ability to change hub length
- add more axles, ie. extra soft, different brands (an OTK axle will behave differently to a CRG axle), etc.
- add the option to tighten/loosen the floor pan

Also I was thinking for the seat position, let us change the angle and maybe make a screen to show the other dimensions of the position? Like how far the top lip is from the axle in mm, distance from the bottom of the seat to the bottom of the chassis rails, front of the seat to the front bar on the chassis, or other measurements you would use to position a seat in real life.

+1 to all, some of them were forgotten by everyone! Mag rims for dry and alu for wet is what people does for example.

Seat position draw is a great idea! It would be more clear and more intiutive

Aritz

I think grass needs more grip on dry and wet, specially in wet. Wet grass grip is funny, you can slip for minutes :P

EVO

Ice man marco your suggestion for adjustments was added here

Aritz

Rival's engine volume must be a lot lower, I have big problems to hear my own engine when driving and I don't know when to shift.

By the way, both lists (fix and suggestions) should be updated :)

EVO

sorry i was in Europe for two weeks.  Updating

dibu

Hopefully you have done some laps with your new Caparo T1 on the Nordschleife ;)

EVO

I wish didnt even get to drive the island's velley kart track like i usually do.  I wanted to go take picutres and start creating the track for KRP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv_NU3TeF-8

EVO

jnl.42 suggestions were added to new features

dibu

Quote from: EVO on January 12, 2012, 08:28:36 PM
...  I wanted to go take picutres and start creating the track for KRP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv_NU3TeF-8

HeHe nice video, I didn't understand anything but KARTING and the background music of the shifter was pretty good.
The track looks promising, if you find time to do it I would be pleased. I didn't expect such a track on a small island like Madeira.

The Iceman Marco

Make it harder to look back. Players take advantage of this. ln karting you dont want to look back so often. Disable look back and improve heading feature adding greater degree of movement. by EVO1087

+1

EVO

today while trying a racer went drove on the kart at the same speed.  they should get wheel spin

Rupe W

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on January 12, 2012, 09:49:48 PM
Make it harder to look back. Players take advantage of this. ln karting you dont want to look back so often. Disable look back and improve heading feature adding greater degree of movement. by EVO1087

+1

great idea... this should be in all sims....look over your shoulder not glance left right

EVO

i did this with facetrack today.  it was very awesome.