• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:30:21 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 03, 2011, 05:29:52 PM
So, my suggestion for a standard setup is softer front, harder rear and -5 seat horizontal position (forward) and +5 vertical. Then we could adjust the kart from this standard.

Warning: horizontal positive means forward and negative backward, because the reference is the rear axle.

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 03, 2011, 07:22:37 PM
Warning: horizontal positive means forward and negative backward, because the reference is the rear axle.

Please concretise also the vertical values.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on November 03, 2011, 07:48:45 PM

Please concretise also the vertical values.

???

For vertical seat position, positive is up.

Aritz

Quote from: Aritz on November 03, 2011, 05:29:52 PM
So, my suggestion for a standard setup is softer front, harder rear and -5 seat horizontal position (forward) and +5 vertical. Then we could adjust the kart from this standard.

Ups, I have to test more then... I was wrong

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 03, 2011, 08:03:53 PM
???

So I misunderstood the seat position settings completely.

For me horizontal was left(-), right(+) and vertical forward(+), backward(-).

Thanks for clearing.

arisfaria

*****   Axle flex  and tire force absorbtion opposed to hubs absorbing force.  by Airesisor

This is the most important thing that krp needs to be the best sim..

PiBoSo

Quote from: arisfaria on November 03, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
*****   Axle flex  and tire force absorbtion opposed to hubs absorbing force.  by Airesisor

This is the most important thing that krp needs to be the best sim..

1) Kart Racing Pro simulates chassis flex with several interconnected rods, each one with a different properties.
2) Tires in the physics deform a lot: laterally, longitudinally and vertically, realistically reacting to and generating forces.
3) What you see on track and during replays is just an approximation of the physics, so tires move independently from the solid chassis, and tires just sink into the ground.
4) It would be possible to better match graphics and physics working on models, code and at the expense of some performance. Would it be worth it?
5) Please don't over-think the world. Just try to enjoy it  :)

EVO

how much would the performance suffer
what spec computer would be required. 
I fully understand this becuase i can barely run KRP on my outdated machine.

Is an option to turn on/off visible physics possilbe?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Nitrox

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 03, 2011, 10:04:45 PM
4) It would be possible to better match graphics and physics working on models, code and at the expense of some performance. Would it be worth it?

As a graphics-fanatic I would say yes! This could also help making the sim more popular among "gamer" segment.

EVO

the game is becoming pretty hardcore so I will just have to buy a better computer :D

siklosi

Minor fix for future versions... It would be great if forcefeedback could be turned off after pressing escape and menu showing on screen... now when I press escape (phone call etc...) and take hands of wheel it starts rotating like mad

EVO

yes thats a good one totally agree

dibu

Quote from: siklosi on November 06, 2011, 12:56:49 PM
Minor fix for future versions... It would be great if forcefeedback could be turned off after pressing escape and menu showing on screen... now when I press escape (phone call etc...) and take hands of wheel it starts rotating like mad

+1 would be also very useful for me.  ;D

Aritz

EVO

I noticed it works in testing like this but not online. It testing the game pauses.  You cant pause online but it should be possible. Maybe a hotkeye to disable and enable FFB.