• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:03 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

i use h = 4, V = -2 and some chassis changes and it don`t understeer it more oversteer first right while pushing full throttle and go through curve.  you have to do it  carefull because if not u spin ;) if u want i can send u this setup and u can try because chassis causes very much too for that. 

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 02, 2011, 11:33:53 AM
Quote from: Aritz on November 02, 2011, 09:32:14 AM
-Despite of the big step of beta4, the kart is "understeery" yet. It forces you to use big caster and then, rear is very extreme. In this video, you can see the two advantages of better front grip; you move the steering wheel a few to do the turn and then, you countersteer with no fear because the rear is easyli controllable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1yiLjiai4&feature=related

Could you please try increasing the seat vertical position and setting up everything else to realistic values?

I'll do it :)
Some adjustments are difficult to copy, they are not as precise in real karts, I will do my best :P

Camber/caster are not calibrated precisely like in KRP, we use a very simple system; the axle of the steering is excentrically attached to the chassis and we simply move it to adjust both caster and camber (they are not different adjusts at all).

Seat is quite similar, but we use (in my area at least) distance from the ground for vertical setup and distance from the front bar of the chassis (67cm for example)

Nitrox

For me, increasing front track width is the first and most important thing to do. Otherwise the kart is oversterring and the rear hard to control. However, i feel it got a lot better since beta 4. I also drive quite high front width on real shifter.

EVO

Aritz is the powervalve adjustable with KF karts?  i want more enginge tuning parameters than drivetrain.  Carburators setup seems over the top, but hand choke is a must. 
I like th run my engine at optiimal temp and if it overheats drafting too much

i want to be able to cool it a few degrees also adjustalbe on track radiator cover changing....i think you have mentioned this. 
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

the seat has an awesome effect. you can get the kart to slide all the way around the turn if you want, but he we have to set the seat foreward and up  to get realistic handling this is bad.  It should only be done in the rain if necessary to control understeer

EVO

what do you guys think about pedal and fairing views added to driving views?  3rd person seems not the best for a simulator

PiBoSo

Quote from: evo1087 on November 03, 2011, 05:45:03 AM
the seat has an awesome effect. you can get the kart to slide all the way around the turn if you want, but he we have to set the seat foreward and up  to get realistic handling this is bad.  It should only be done in the rain if necessary to control understeer

Many physics parameters are simply "guessed", so your feedback is needed to find the correct values that will be the default for the next builds.

EVO

This is from the CRG guide
http://www.southwestkarters.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/crg-setup-guide.pdf

Alot of the settings in KRP are spot on.
Schwoni's setup is very much like the slippery conditions (high kart grip setup) except for a few things manly seat related

Aritz

I think this could be very usefull for Piboso :) you did great Evo!

After the reading, I have my own suggestions:

seat position should use the weight distribution data instead of -6 to 6 :)

we need hubs, they are very usefull to stiff or to soft the axle

Now I understand what is crash bar, it is bumper, isn´t it?

This afternoon I am going to test some tips and we will talk after. Yesterday I found some strange behaviors using my own knowledge

EVO

yes hubs! and tony kart has the best line of hubs and rims. magnesium. 

is there a difference between chassis.  I swear i noticed in beta 3 but i learned their is not a difference in the dynamics. it should be slight but driver preference

the setup options the more simulator it will become.

we already have so many its awesome.

the other day Schwoni told me to stagger tire pressure and it made a difference.  I did the same at his fun bueren track

EVO

Aritz check out the spyder system for caster and camber now being used to adjust setting interdependently its awesome

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 03, 2011, 02:34:47 PM
I think this could be very usefull for Piboso :)

It would be more useful to have a better default setup for KRP, using the current garage page.
In addition to have realistic values, please give special attention to seat position, even experimenting with "extreme" values, to find a weight balance that feels natural on dry track.

EVO

hmm so a setup that doesnt bind the kart with too much grip or have excessive freeness.
I'm sure we can collectively figure this out ill post my base setup and we'll see what everyone thinks.

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 03, 2011, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: Aritz on November 03, 2011, 02:34:47 PM
I think this could be very usefull for Piboso :)

It would be more useful to have a better default setup for KRP, using the current garage page.
In addition to have realistic values, please give special attention to seat position, even experimenting with "extreme" values, to find a weight balance that feels natural on dry track.

Yesterday I tried to start with a standard setup or at least, with the setup I consider standard. I am not an expert and I did my best. One of the bigger problems I found were Lonato's close turns. No matter which setup I chose, I was not able to do them properly. I think one of the problems may be the traction. KS1 is, in my opinion, quite exagerated. I feel its engine power curve too "flexible" yet (this is a spanish way of talking, sorry) The engine pushes too much from very low RPM. Other KZ drivers should give their opinion, perhaps I am wrong as many other times :)
Fast turns of Essay are very amazing to take (do?), but I can't find the point on slow turns. Like you say, we should try everything, even extreme values, but there are a lot of combinations in the setup, so it is a big job to do :)

Other problem was tyre temp. I used KC3 and with 20º air, I was not able to rise the tyre temp more than 50º. Here I can't really talk, I never knew real tyre temps... But with 20º, tyres are perfect in 1 or 2 laps and they are very hot if you touch them  ;D

Aritz

I like a lot the driving after removing front bar, loosing all the front and with hard axle, putting all the rear bars and tighting all rear. Now I can exit from the turns with the steering wheel like it should be, completely straight. Karts are oversteered machines :D

So, my suggestion for a standard setup is softer front, harder rear and -5 seat horizontal position (forward) and +5 vertical. Then we could adjust the kart from this standard.