• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:20 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

So  Artiz would like sun showers  during a session...that are off and on
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

So we can have a rainning practice, drying qualify and cloudy race?

If yes, I would suggest bigger chance of rainning. If I am not wrong, these are the probabilities:

[weather]
cloudy_prob = 0.2
rainy_prob = 0.1

Too low :P

Aritz

Quote from: evo1087 on November 01, 2011, 10:49:23 PM
So  Artiz would like sun showers  during a session...that are off and on

A r i t z  :P

Yes, I would love storms during a sunny day or low rains :D

Racehard

Great update on the list evo.

I'd like to wish the following once more, but I think I have to make it more precise.
Currently when I go to the track and I have set the idle settings to 20 and higher (really love this new setting on beta 4, well done PiBoSo) the engine is on right away from the first moment on track, but why?, the idle setting shouldn't have an effect on the need to start the engine first. Wouldn't it be nice if you would have to start the engine by using the starter button, no matter what idle setting. How about automatic Idle on would make/leave it like it is right now?

*          engines off at first when you goto to track player must start engine for auto idle to take affecto.
               Ability to start and stop the engine should sill be availaible after that  by Racehard

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 01, 2011, 08:57:55 PM
Weather changes between sessions, but not during a session.

Maybe someday?  :D

EVO

Sorry Aritz i see letters backwards sometimes.  I think if dynamic track surface is possible so must be dynamic weather.  Racehard i totally agree starting the engine by pushing the button is a must. Its the coolest feature of the new generation of kart engines. That and the powervalve

does anyone know if power valves are adjustable? Or are they regulated.  I know nothing about KF engines.  I know the rotax has adjustalbe ones.

Aritz

More suggestions:

-I've watching how the tyres wear (wear out?) and the front tyres are like they have to, but rear tyres wear more (a lot more) from outside and less from inside. That is wrong, axle flexibility gives quite camber to them and they should wear like the front tyres. Not so much, but more from inside than outside.

Front tyre, very "bad" wear as usual:

Rear tyre, you can see almost new outside and the same wave effect inside:

Aritz

-I would like to have a little window using the track "webcam" or at least, some information of the track state (wet, dry or 50% dry...) before we go to drive. Yesterday I went to race with slicks and the track was yet wet. In real world, you can see all the time how the track dries.

My suggestion of a big change of the interface:

Or:

EVO

that looks great.  like they have at the nurbergring. If we can get dynamic weahter this will be perftect soution.  You can see change and go out when the time is perfect.  UPDATE***********  I think we can do this already if we click replay is shows live track view...

EVO

do rear really wear the inside it makes almost no sense to me since the rear of the kart goes in the air at times at each end meaning the outside of the tire is being pushed hard into the track. I think if you have inside wear on the rear you either flipped the tire to preserve it or your setup is all wrong. in real life at least.

Aritz

-Despite of the big step of beta4, the kart is "understeery" yet. It forces you to use big caster and then, rear is very extreme. In this video, you can see the two advantages of better front grip; you move the steering wheel a few to do the turn and then, you countersteer with no fear because the rear is easyli controllable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1yiLjiai4&feature=related

Aritz

Quote from: evo1087 on November 02, 2011, 09:31:38 AM
do rear really wear the inside it makes almost no sense to me since the rear of the kart goes in the air at times at each end meaning the outside of the tire is being pushed hard into the track. I think if you have inside wear on the rear you either flipped the tire to preserve it or your setup is all wrong. in real life at least.

Not at all, the rear tyre always wear from inside :) I can't really explain why but that is the usuall wear

Aritz

-The "suspension" effect must disappear from the replays... I don't really know and I don't really care how the game simulates the chassis flexibility, I can imagine why is that strange effect but even if the game has it, it should be "secret" :) I think is better a complete rigid kart than a wheel with an excentric axle  ;D No offense please Piboso :)

Racehard

I agree to Aritz' suggestions, you have some good ideas.

Ist it possible to create more visual stages of  tire wear, so when you really really abuse the tires there should be at least a last/other visual stages which signal you, that you should change your tires.
Same with wet tires, after a few laps they look like broken in, which is great but they than stop to evolve visually, but I can imagine if you run very long in semi conditions and until dry you can easily destroy the tire completely, this case is quite likely now in beta 4 with dynamic track surface. To have the wear more visualized with more stages of use would be another amazing eye candy  :D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 02, 2011, 09:16:49 AM
-I would like to have a little window using the track "webcam" or at least, some information of the track state (wet, dry or 50% dry...) before we go to drive. Yesterday I went to race with slicks and the track was yet wet. In real world, you can see all the time how the track dries.

As evo1087 suggested, it's already possible to see the live track clicking on "Replay". Is it enough?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 02, 2011, 09:32:14 AM
-Despite of the big step of beta4, the kart is "understeery" yet. It forces you to use big caster and then, rear is very extreme. In this video, you can see the two advantages of better front grip; you move the steering wheel a few to do the turn and then, you countersteer with no fear because the rear is easyli controllable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1yiLjiai4&feature=related

Could you please try increasing the seat vertical position and setting up everything else to realistic values?