• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:25:05 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Suggestions

Started by evo1087, June 02, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

if you say so man.  I would neve let my engine tun over 80 for more than half a lap
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

I am not so agree with engine breaks because of the heat. Once, I forgot to put the bands of the water pump and the engine rises 110ºC after few laps... I only noticed the low performance and when I put the bands again and no more problems after that. Of course this is not the best example and maybe I was lucky, but the engine should not be damaged until it is very hot and for a long time

EVO

okay so engine should break easy only from carburator adjustment or bad shifting

Aritz

but very bad shifting! I do hard shiftings often and my engine keeps itself ok  :-[

Racehard

Kart numbers centered and range 0-000   by Eslotes +1

More rear wheel spin especially on cold tires + in wet! +1

Josi

Schwoni

i wonder why noone said this but now it is time i think. U all should know how to drive in real in rain. u use the dirty ( outside) parts in corners there u have grip and on racing line it is slippery in rain. In KRP ATM u drive the same line as in dry conditions because there is no grip difference between inside and outside of corner.
a small example:

http://www.beule-kart.de/LeihkartDie_Ideallinie.html

That Red line is the racing line in dry and the blue striped line is the racing line in wet. In this text it is very good explained but it is german and i don`t know how good translator work but i think u know what i mean.
pls add to  list. Very important to make rain driving real.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Schwoni on April 11, 2012, 08:53:42 PM
i wonder why noone said this but now it is time i think. U all should know how to drive in real in rain. u use the dirty ( outside) parts in corners there u have grip and on racing line it is slippery in rain. In KRP ATM u drive the same line as in dry conditions because there is no grip difference between inside and outside of corner.
a small example:

http://www.beule-kart.de/LeihkartDie_Ideallinie.html

That Red line is the racing line in dry and the blue striped line is the racing line in wet. In this text it is very good explained but it is german and i don`t know how good translator work but i think u know what i mean.
pls add to  list. Very important to make rain driving real.

+1 It will be very great if this also works in krp like in real.  :D

EVO

or you can diamond cut your turns only partially using the dry line.  The reason its not entirely used it because all the oils and compounds come up out of the surface with rain and make it nasty slippery. I alsp read that they ride the very outside on turn in and turn out almost in the grass where peolpe dont normally go becasue there is some grip there (not som much grease coming up)

These are great points Schwoni

Diddy4957

April 11, 2012, 11:43:11 PM #205 Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:45:47 PM by Diddy4957
i noticed that at lonato today that there was no grip difference, also on a lot of track in a KF3 it is comon to launch the kart over the kerbs on some corners, which cut across the corner to avoid the rubber, but in KRP you cant do this easily. At siena for WSK for some corners you had to drive on the very edge of the track, wheras others people had their whole kart over the kerb, if there is a lot of rubber down on the racing line then i find that you have to brake on the inside of the track aiming straight across towards the outside, before cutting back in

Stark

Quote from: Diddy4957 on April 11, 2012, 11:43:11 PM
i noticed that at lonato today that there was no grip difference, also on a lot of track in a KF3 it is comon to launch the kart over the kerbs on some corners, which cut across the corner to avoid the rubber, but in KRP you cant do this easily. At siena for WSK for some corners you had to drive on the very edge of the track, wheras others people had their whole kart over the kerb, if there is a lot of rubber down on the racing line then i find that you have to brake on the inside of the track aiming straight across towards the outside, before cutting back in

"if there is a lot of rubber down on the racing line then i find that you have to brake on the inside of the track aiming straight across towards the outside, before cutting back in" ehh what??  ???
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Diddy4957

in real life sometime you drive to the inside of the track to brake to avoid sliding on the rubber, which becomes slippy in the wet

Schwoni

Sorry but noone drive that line inside outside inside11 what u wanna do on lonatos 180° corners? drive inside do a fullbrake at the outside spin 180° and drive back inside?^^

Now real, hard to explain but i try. u drive like on the link on the racing line on straight, brake there start steer there u feel no grip drive ( slide with much understeer)  outside to the unused part of track, u get grip drive through corner and back to racing line.

Diddy4957

its hard to explain i no but basicly sometimes people drive off the racing line to brake, and run round the outside of the corner where there is more grip, in the wet only