• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:20 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track lap times not working

Started by JoaquinPS21, May 20, 2018, 10:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoaquinPS21

Hi, I'm working on a conversion of a track from rFactor (with permission of the original author). I have almost finished, but I can't get the lap times to work, it only count the laps made. Here are some picture of what I have in the Track Editor

Also, there is any possibility to don't have corridors lines in the track? The track I'm converting already have some corridors lines from rFactor.
Thanks in advance!

Birel-Rotax 42

The corridors are an easy one to solve. You delete the file line.tga in the track's directory and that makes the corridor invisible. For my tracks, I model a grid onto the track and use TrackEd to line the corridors up, as shown in the picture.

As for lap times not working, I'm not sure what is wrong. It seems you have everything in order, but you should try adding the speedtrap line somewhere on track just to make sure it's not an error because of that. Also, you may want to remove the checkpoints until you have sorted out the timing issues.

JoaquinPS21

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on May 21, 2018, 12:38:12 AM
The corridors are an easy one to solve. You delete the file line.tga in the track's directory and that makes the corridor invisible. For my tracks, I model a grid onto the track and use TrackEd to line the corridors up, as shown in the picture.

As for lap times not working, I'm not sure what is wrong. It seems you have everything in order, but you should try adding the speedtrap line somewhere on track just to make sure it's not an error because of that. Also, you may want to remove the checkpoints until you have sorted out the timing issues.

Setting the speedtrap line solved the problem, and deleting line.tga file worked perfectly too. Solving the problem was way easier than expected, many thanks!!

davidpilny

Anybody had similar issues? Right now I have a track where I just cant seem to get the lap times working. Are the laptimes dependent on something else than just the .rdf file? Is it a combination of files?

LXS77

Hi, it's all in the .RDF file. Check that Splits and a Start/Finish line are properly done.

davidpilny

Does anything looks off on the first look? I scratch my head because I have another track that works fine and there does not seem much different.

LXS77

Quote from: davidpilny on October 25, 2022, 07:57:10 PMDoes anything looks off on the first look?

Well, you don't seem to have any terrain along the track. The racedata lines should sit on the solid ground, so either put some grass along the track or make the lines smaller to match the width of the track.

davidpilny

Good to know, thanks! For now I made the lines smaller to fit inside the track and everything works perfectly.