• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:31:52 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Steam release

Started by oppolo, July 21, 2017, 09:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

Quote from: Stout Johnson on July 19, 2017, 08:38:56 PM

Minor recommendation: with the G27 the default FFB settings at 100%, the G27 seems to have some some serious clipping (maybe you should adapt the default settings)

Try ffb linearity and deadzone

Stout Johnson

Quote from: oppolo on July 21, 2017, 09:44:28 AM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on July 19, 2017, 08:38:56 PM

Minor recommendation: with the G27 the default FFB settings at 100%, the G27 seems to have some some serious clipping (maybe you should adapt the default settings)

Try ffb linearity and deadzone

I am aware on how to adjust it, thanks  ;) I was suggesting to adapt it for the default settings, so it feels better "out of the box", so new customers will be having a better experience right from the get-go (may also help to tone down Steam refund rate).

oppolo

Ah ok.
I respect your opinion but I think the refund rate is caused different. Steam is full of kids playing with joypad, they want dx11, AI for career, many contents laser scanned, steam achievements and a endearing UI with music, they dont care about ffb, choke, carburation, properly start and many others small things about proper simulation that have required many years of development. They give a negative review and request of refund after 0.1 0.3 0.5 0.8 hours of playing, it is neither the time needed for setting properly a steering wheel and all buttons. KRP is for experienced simmers and the rate money/content appears highter than last drive simulation games in dx11. It's sad to say but for selling much, arcadish features are needed, like in AC and PJC. we'll see in the future in what direction Piboso will turn the helm, offcourse I like the actual one

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on July 21, 2017, 03:45:35 PM
Ah ok.
I respect your opinion but I think the refund rate is caused different. Steam is full of kids playing with joypad, they want dx11, AI for career, many contents laser scanned, steam achievements and a endearing UI with music, they dont care about ffb, choke, carburation, properly start and many others small things about proper simulation that have required many years of development. They give a negative review and request of refund after 0.1 0.3 0.5 0.8 hours of playing, it is neither the time needed for setting properly a steering wheel and all buttons. KRP is for experienced simmers and the rate money/content appears highter than last drive simulation games in dx11. It's sad to say but for selling much, arcadish features are needed, like in AC and PJC.

+1
My thoughts exactly.

we'll see in the future in what direction Piboso will turn the helm, offcourse I like the actual one

Hardcore simulation or bust!  ;D

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 21, 2017, 03:56:54 PM
Quote from: oppolo on July 21, 2017, 03:45:35 PM
Ah ok.
I respect your opinion but I think the refund rate is caused different. Steam is full of kids playing with joypad, they want dx11, AI for career, many contents laser scanned, steam achievements and a endearing UI with music, they dont care about ffb, choke, carburation, properly start and many others small things about proper simulation that have required many years of development. They give a negative review and request of refund after 0.1 0.3 0.5 0.8 hours of playing, it is neither the time needed for setting properly a steering wheel and all buttons. KRP is for experienced simmers and the rate money/content appears highter than last drive simulation games in dx11. It's sad to say but for selling much, arcadish features are needed, like in AC and PJC.

+1
My thoughts exactly.

we'll see in the future in what direction Piboso will turn the helm, offcourse I like the actual one

Hardcore simulation or bust!  ;D
I am under the impression something is being mixed up here. ??? I am also for hardcore sim as much as possible. The problem I was referring to is the clipping which happens for the G27 with default FFB settings. And FFB definitely is an important thing for hardcore sim lovers. I don't see how clipping should be regared as being desirable in terms of realism ???.

btw, in this topic (http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=6107.0) there is one user complaining about 'cogging', from what I understand this could be related to the clipping issue.

Raise

I don't understand where this belief  that steam is just kids who want arcade games comes from. Steam is a universal platform that has grown in popularity because of the ease of access hence why simulation games like Rfactor and Iracing and assetto corsa  are also available for purchase on it. The game probably has a high return rate because it costs $40 for what seems to be a very barebones game, there aren't a huge amount of people on multiplayer tracks aren't laser scanned and graphics aren't great so when you have a guy who doesn't really races karts but likes them in Rfactor who buys krp for 2/3 of the cost of a AAA title and doesn't get the ai and good graphics he's disappointed and returns to Rfactor where the FFb is good and maybe the karts aren't realistic in terms of class and say carb stuff but he doesn't care cause he doesn't race karts he just wants to have fun and he knows he can with rfactor. Now I know there's no reason for me to say anything as I'll just be told to go play KartKraft but I keep bringing up the flaws of krp to see the game improve not to just be negative cause when all Piboso hears is the same things he's saying it does nothing to help. And I'm not saying KRP needs ai and good graphics to be successful after all 20% return rate while not great is far from a majority but it does need to be understood that the return rate is not just kids on a universal platform being overly demanding especially when you consider a large number of the active memebers on this forum are kids who bought it via PayPal pre release 1

oppolo

I have many driving games and no one of them, also the arcadish ones, allowed me to plug the usb of wheel and play. I am very demanding on the FFB quality and sometimes I spent also weeks for finding the right feeling. In the case of KRP there is a sticked thread in the documents section. I think also it is impossible for developers to give a default right setting of FFB for all the steering wheels.

Apologize, I have to explain better, saying "full of kids" I meant "the most part" (in the spoken italian it means so)and for "kids" I meant also a childish approach to a video game. Some of my friends are over 40 or over 50 but they want only to push the throttle and go, no matter how the steering wheel is setted, nothing bad offcourse but KRP wants to be an hardcore sim. it is a fact that simulators like AC and PJC use arcadish features for not making people escape from them. you think the problem is the price, well in fact I mentioned it in my post

anyway Piboso sentenced: hardcore or bust ;D

Raise

Quote from: oppolo on July 21, 2017, 10:20:19 PM
I have many driving games and no one of them, also the arcadish ones, allowed me to plug the usb of wheel and play. I am very demanding on the FFB quality and sometimes I spent also weeks for finding the right feeling. In the case of KRP there is a sticked thread in the documents section. I think also it is impossible for developers to give a default right setting of FFB for all the steering wheels.

Apologize, I have to explain better, saying "full of kids" I meant "the most part" (in the spoken italian it means so)and for "kids" I meant also a childish approach to a video game. Some of my friends are over 40 or over 50 but they want only to push the throttle and go, no matter how the steering wheel is setted, nothing bad offcourse but KRP wants to be an hardcore sim. it is a fact that simulators like AC and PJC use arcadish features for not making people escape from them. you think the problem is the price, well in fact I mentioned it in my post

You missed my point about other hardcore sims being on steam, I understand there maybe a childish mentality for some but Rfactor is a game I spent plenty of time fine tuning my FFB and I enjoy the game greatly and I think but am not certain that many others feel the same about the game. The issue with KRP comes from the fact you pay $40 for a game with no ai and 4-5 default tracks it just doesn't present itself off the bat as a game worth the money while I'm critical I myself consider the satisfied by my purchase but many people don't race karts as I do and. As such don't care to spend $40 on a kart only sim when they were happy with Rfactor karts to begin with. In all honestly it has little to do with a preference of easy to drive or arcade aspects there just doesn't seem to be much to do in the game when you first buy it and then you discover multiplayer is rather dead and there's no leagues currrently running and you say I'd rather not have bought this.

jon_of_mine

Quote from: Raise on July 22, 2017, 02:13:34 AM
Quote from: oppolo on July 21, 2017, 10:20:19 PM

You missed my point about other hardcore sims being on steam, I understand there maybe a childish mentality for some but Rfactor is a game I spent plenty of time fine tuning my FFB and I enjoy the game greatly and I think but am not certain that many others feel the same about the game. The issue with KRP comes from the fact you pay $40 for a game with no ai and 4-5 default tracks it just doesn't present itself off the bat as a game worth the money while I'm critical I myself consider the satisfied by my purchase but many people don't race karts as I do and. As such don't care to spend $40 on a kart only sim when they were happy with Rfactor karts to begin with. In all honestly it has little to do with a preference of easy to drive or arcade aspects there just doesn't seem to be much to do in the game when you first buy it and then you discover multiplayer is rather dead and there's no leagues currrently running and you say I'd rather not have bought this.

+1
If you look on race department simracers are put off because of lack of content for a £30 game which actually costs more than a rental kart session

oppolo

July 22, 2017, 10:09:00 PM #9 Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:16:44 PM by oppolo
maybe Piboso chose this price because actually it is the most hardcore karting simulator on the market. who thinks is overpriced can wait for the steam sale, anyway it's Piboso's business

the comparison with a rental kart session is no doubt in favour of KRP ;D because it is a forever license

Raise

honestly Now that the game has release 1 out he needs to work on content. More tracks more bodyworks more default skins more airboxs more airbox skins more helmet skins. More engine classes and more variety in terms of the engine models can go a long way for the giving the allusion there is more too do. An X30 a Rotax a Rok an OK Sr/Jr a KA100 a TKM all would be very helpful and are honestly necessary if this is a simulator as no one races KF or FS250 and the F100 is a niche class. The M6 would be a good addition full FP7 Parolin and Gold Karts would be welcome additions. In all honesty I know for a fact myself Birel-rotax and Cory_Hayes would consider letting our mods be introduced to KRP as either included content or since it is now on steam a free "Modder Made DLC" so that could solve the issue of lack of tracks.

matty0l215

No, the game does not need more content?!?!

Are you guys serious? We've got 1 track and 4 bikes (two of which are the same!) over in GPB, And to get around this we add our own content. Leaving Piboso to work on more important things. If you honestly think that the number one issue at the moment is that there isn't enough content, then take a good long look at things...

Raise

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 23, 2017, 12:03:09 AM
No, the game does not need more content?!?!

Are you guys serious? We've got 1 track and 4 bikes (two of which are the same!) over in GPB, And to get around this we add our own content. Leaving Piboso to work on more important things. If you honestly think that the number one issue at the moment is that there isn't enough content, then take a good long look at things...

Dude I make my own tracks i make my own engines I make my own paints and I do it often to keep myself entertained . The issues lies in the fact that steam customers may not immediately realize the forum and its content exists and so at face value it lacks content. On top of the fact that mods existing doesn't mean krp doesn't need or could use more content and it doesn't mean GP bikes can't use more default content. My point also comes with the point that we are at release one unlike gpbikes obviously Piboso could improve things outside of content but we're talking specifically how to keep steam users around and I feel it starts with more to do in the default game. Of course as a veteran of the game there's many things I think are more priorities that I'm sure Piboso prefers to work on but content is very important too.

matty0l215

Great, Keep yourself entertained that is exactly how a comunity grows.

Sorry, This isn't aimed at anyone in perticular at all. I can just see how this comunity is and i've got to be honest it's pretty toxic. Nobody seems to want to help anyone else and when they do they want somthing for it...  Or they just take the piss and expect people to work it out on their own. If i wasn't a member who been around long enough I would have quit the game as soon as i saw this fourm.

If you guys want people to stop slagging the game off for a lack of content, Help them. Point them the way of the forum and be nice!? It is not dificult. Im not saying everyone has to be held by the hand but freindly pointers go a long way.  So for now More content isn't the issue, Getting a good comunity will bring more content leaving Development for more important issues.

Raise

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 23, 2017, 12:46:30 AM
Great, Keep yourself entertained that is exactly how a comunity grows.

Sorry, This isn't aimed at anyone in perticular at all. I can just see how this comunity is and i've got to be honest it's pretty toxic. Nobody seems to want to help anyone else and when they do they want somthing for it...  Or they just take the piss and expect people to work it out on their own. If i wasn't a member who been around long enough I would have quit the game as soon as i saw this fourm.

If you guys want people to stop slagging the game off for a lack of content, Help them. Point them the way of the forum and be nice!? It is not dificult. Im not saying everyone has to be held by the hand but freindly pointers go a long way.  So for now More content isn't the issue, Getting a good comunity will bring more content leaving Development for more important issues.

You're totally missing what we are talking about specifically in this thread it has nothing to do with this forum at all it has to do with people buy the game on steam they don't know this forum exists they find a game that's good but no content and a near dead multiplayer. Then they return it because they can have fun with karts on rfactor2 or AMS. I suggest the solution is adding more default content possibly even working with modders who already know to get this content in game with out sacrificing Piboso ability to work on other parts of the game. And I'm honestly not sure what you mean by people aren't willing to help or want something in return. People aren't willing to make tracks just on the whim of some one making a post but in general I've seen plenty of people being and offering help and maybe things can be occasionally argumentative but I wouldn't call it toxic