• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:23:46 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Steam release

Started by oppolo, July 21, 2017, 09:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

For people on steam they should be pointed to this forum (That may be somthing that should be stickied into the Steam forum) so that can see that there is more content. From there they can talk to active members.

I don't come here very often (Evident :P) But the few times i do come here nobody seems to be helpful. It may just be the unfortunet few threads i look at but anyway. So, maybe toxic is the wrong term, just from the outside it doesn't seem like a flourishing community. (I have been active on the GPB Forum since about 2013-14 so i am aware of how the whole develpment process works and that it can be damn infurating it can be) and even if a steam member does find this forum they may not even bother looking to deep.

Raise

This forum became a ghost town for a variety of reasons there was some toxicity when I joined a few years ago of which I'm am by no means innocent in but things have gotten better in that. The issue with population on the forum is the net code death a few betas ago really scared people off, the forum has slowly been building up ever since especially with better netcode and the introduction of steam. But even still the forum is an exteat hoop for people to jump through, it's not immediately obvious where to get things and then where to put them so people are a little confused so even if it was stickied it doesn't immediately solve any issues. Plus it doesn't actually make the game seem worth it cause not everything is the same level currently no engine mods work for release 1 so until they do get updated they're a moot point. And regardless of the presence of content and the quality of it and it's availability this still doesn't mean there can't be more default content. Like I said we're at release 1 there's room to improve the game but we're also at a point where more content can be added with out totally sacrificing something truly important

matty0l215

Oh dont get me wrong. The game needs more content in the long run (you guys have got it easier than us. Weve got 1 track and 4 bikes, at least you have a selection of tracks and karts :P)

Just at the moment the majority of development should be on bug fixes. I would happily participate in races if they worked :P

Invite people to this forum and hopefully it can be built back up to what it used to be. GPB is no stranger to massive game instability but the situation here shows a lot of hope and we have even found a work around for most issues (not ideal but it works for us). It hurt us massivly too but we are rebuilding slowley thanks to a few dedicated modders.

Raise

I agree bug fixes are important and tracks and content should not be a priority over fixing the starts but I think the thing to also consider is if this game is truly a simulator it needs at least updated engine categories which is much easier than adding things to GPBikes Because unlike krp you have street bikes and race bikes of a ridiculous variety where as karts are tightly definable by what we as kart racers currently race. Plus as I've suggest get modders involved in developing content for the game let people make the new engines or add tracks from the game currently to a DLC or something.

matty0l215

Fair point. I know you guys have a lot more customisable parts to the Kart over bikes. Ive owned a kart in the past but only ever raced it locally and this was years ago now so im not familiar with all the catagorys/classes and how you guys define them (its easy for us, type of bike/class, say moto 2 or 600cc superstock thats it, lets go racing)

And as for paid user content, i belice it was tried over on the MXB forum (i visit there even less than here) bit it didnt go down well. Even in other games Paid user content is not a popular model (look at thw hole steam workshop Skyrim debarkle) and in the Past Piboso has turned down our offers to intergrate our bikes into the base game. (We offered a classic 500cc 2 stroke which there isnt currently in the base game)

Raise

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 23, 2017, 02:09:08 AM
Fair point. I know you guys have a lot more customisable parts to the Kart over bikes. Ive owned a kart in the past but only ever raced it locally and this was years ago now so im not familiar with all the catagorys/classes and how you guys define them (its easy for us, type of bike/class, say moto 2 or 600cc superstock thats it, lets go racing)

And as for paid user content, i belice it was tried over on the MXB forum (i visit there even less than here) bit it didnt go down well. Even in other games Paid user content is not a popular model (look at thw hole steam workshop Skyrim debarkle) and in the Past Piboso has turned down our offers to intergrate our bikes into the base game. (We offered a classic 500cc 2 stroke which there isnt currently in the base game)

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant karting is easier than gpbikes karting is much more strict in what classes are accepted/popular than bikes where there are a billion street bikes of any different variety of cc and any number of other things with different handling characteristics and driver positions karts are much much more of the same thing brand to brand. And I also didn't mean a purchase DLC I meant a free one like a "modder content dlc"  that would technically be part of the game and add content but makes it clear the content isn't Piboso himself making it.

matty0l215

Ahh that makes more sense. ;D (i hear DLC and think £ for another bike/kart/track etc)