• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:12:17 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

No wheel, no pedals, no profile

Started by Rodolfo, July 22, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodolfo

I cannot assign the axes, also after a complete new install over steam nothing!
My wheel: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster Pedals
I also use the Thrustmaster gear shifter and the Fanatec Handbrake and will definitely not uninstall everyhing just to play Kart Racing!

So for now this sim is worthless for me!

in config, there are on top the pedals, in the middle is my wheel and bottom is Fanatec Handbrake, and it's titeled with the correct names, but I cannot assign a name

To be added: Everything works fine in all the other sims I have like AC, PCars, R3E and iRacing

Rodolfo

Forgot:
I use Steam and Oculus Rift, but with Rift or without it's the same problem

PiBoSo

Please report if this quick guide is helpful:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=3596.0

Also, please note that all controllers must be calibrated at the same time. It is possible to select the controller on the top of the calibration page.

Last but not least, other users reported an incompatibility with Avast and Windows Defender, that prevent Kart Racing Pro settings files from being saved. If one of them is installed, an exception must be added.

Rodolfo

I have Bitdefender, no Avast etc.
And KRP damaged my Thrustmaster profiles, so that I had to reinstall the drivers. So, this happened after I followed this hints!

PiBoSo

July 24, 2017, 09:44:25 PM #4 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:51:59 PM by PiBoSo
How can KRP change the Thrustmaster files?  :-\
All it does is read data from the controllers through Microsoft DirectInput.

The process to set up the input should be straightforward:
1) Go to calibration and move all axes of all controllers to their full extents, then leave them centered / at rest before pressing "OK"
2) Assign the controls
3) If the virtual steering wheel rotation doesn't match the real one, enable the "Wheel Rotation" checkbox and adjust the value

4) This is it, nothing else needed. All the "advanced" settings are meant for pads and joysticks