• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:06:20 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation Tutorials

Started by LauZzZn, June 29, 2016, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

June 29, 2016, 09:15:02 PM Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:56:45 PM by LauZzZn
I will upload several Bobs Track Builder Tutorials here!

#1 about making the first steps

#2 about making kerbs

3DSimED:

Conversion Tutorial #1

3DSMax:

Conversion Tutorial #2

Series of a full track tutorial:

3DS Max Track Tutorial #1: Creating the track centerline

3DS Max Track Tutorial #2: Creating the track mesh

3DS Max Track Tutorial #3: Preparing kerbs

3DS Max Track Tutorial #4: Creating kerbs

3DS Max Track Tutorial #5: Merging kerb and terrain

3DS Max Track Tutorial #6: Creating terrain

General workflow:

1. get data:
-Get pictures from google or visit the track, anything you can get is helpful
-make sure you use a proper google earth picture to create the track, take a look at my first BTB tutorial for that

2. make the base track

3. make additional roads

4. make the terrain

5. make the kerbs

6. place walls, fences and stuff

7. place the trees

-> convert to Max

8. place other objects like buildings

9. improve the track and the textures

10. export to Kartracing Pro
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Dragoon

Excellent! I already learned many things! Thank you for taking the time to make these videos. Eagerly waiting for more  :D

Due to some brain fart, in BTB I've used the "Track surface properties" to adjust the width of the track. I need to go through them and somehow try to undo the damage and use the "width of the track" button instead.

Also good that I saw the kerb video now, so I didn't use too much time with the old methods :).

LauZzZn

new videos about converting a track
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

LauZzZn

updated first post with the first 4 videos of a full 3ds max track tutorial series
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

NiTZHD

Thank you so much for all your tutorials, i'm beginning my hometrack and will use them a lot.

LauZzZn

new track creation tutorial "3ds max tutorial #5" https://youtu.be/40-Eni3KkGU
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

LauZzZn

2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

LiamHatton

Thanks for the tutorial LauZzZn, Going to take a proper stab at making tracks and learn from these tutorials. Hopefully they turn out as I imagine them. :P   ::)

intrepidkz125

Hello, would there be someone who could help me. I am a beginner with 3DS. I would like to create a karting track with 3DS Max 2021, but even following the tutorials I don't understand everything. Are there specific parameters to adjust? How should we name the centerline in 3DS?

Thank you for your help.

Raise

Quote from: intrepidkz125 on May 12, 2020, 05:02:56 PMHello, would there be someone who could help me. I am a beginner with 3DS. I would like to create a karting track with 3DS Max 2021, but even following the tutorials I don't understand everything. Are there specific parameters to adjust? How should we name the centerline in 3DS?

Thank you for your help.

There is no reason to post a literal copy paste of the same question in two separate threads.

Asking generic questions like "are there specific parameters to adjust" makes literally no sense how do you honestly expect some one to help you with something that vague?

LauZzZn

Quote from: intrepidkz125 on May 12, 2020, 05:02:56 PMHello, would there be someone who could help me. I am a beginner with 3DS. I would like to create a karting track with 3DS Max 2021, but even following the tutorials I don't understand everything. Are there specific parameters to adjust? How should we name the centerline in 3DS?

Thank you for your help.

No need to specifically name your centerline in 3ds max.
If there is no special naming required, I did not state it in the tutorials. You can also check the nomenclature in the track creation guide from PiBoSo.
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

Blackcaim

Hi,

Just a quick question, in tutorial #3, about making kerbs, what was the point of doing the UVW map? Also why did you make the map a box of 2m*2m*2m? I've been following your tutorials, and find them great so far, but I don't understand what that was for? I'm sorry if the question seems dumb, but I'm relatively new to 3dsmax and barely know what all the functions are for.

LauZzZn

Quote from: Blackcaim on January 21, 2021, 09:23:21 AMHi,

Just a quick question, in tutorial #3, about making kerbs, what was the point of doing the UVW map? Also why did you make the map a box of 2m*2m*2m? I've been following your tutorials, and find them great so far, but I don't understand what that was for? I'm sorry if the question seems dumb, but I'm relatively new to 3dsmax and barely know what all the functions are for.

Normally I use UVW Map for grass and tarmac. For kerbs I use the UV Unwrap in order to get it aligned.
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

Blackcaim

BTW, I'm Having trouble finding the textures for the track/kerbs etc. Anyone know where I can download these textures for 3DSMax 2021?

LXS77