• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:17:40 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Royal Rumble

Started by JesusRB, October 05, 2015, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusRB

Quote from: elliottbud on October 06, 2015, 10:36:08 PM
Quote from: Alfonso Gutierrez Garcia on October 06, 2015, 10:34:32 PM
It is a company that makes every action must be signed by an executive
So what you say it is false

but he doesn't have to show you so what you say is irrelevant...
he doesnt has permission,
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

LiamHatton

Quote from: lluc215 on October 06, 2015, 10:38:47 PM
FALSE MADACA

I thought we were over with the insulting? Apparently not.

Can someone please ban these kids now?

???

elliottbud

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Quote from: elliottbud on October 06, 2015, 10:36:08 PM
Quote from: Alfonso Gutierrez Garcia on October 06, 2015, 10:34:32 PM
It is a company that makes every action must be signed by an executive
So what you say it is false

but he doesn't have to show you so what you say is irrelevant...
he doesnt has permission,

The obvious troll is obvious

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:56:58 PM
Quote from: elliottbud on October 06, 2015, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
you are the rotax evo!! and you dont share with the community. We do the rotax old for the community

No one made a rotax Evo you guys stole the minimax. also keep your stories straight dude

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:44:01 PM
I'm freaking, i never say that i do the engine!!
i dont do the 3d but we do the parameters

A single parameter was changed between my content produced in 2014 and your "changed" engine. It is no doubt a copy. Max, I get your point that not releasing content is bad for the community, but you have to remember that there are people out there who are purely evil and don't want to improve it, just leech off of my work. I would have no problem if tomorrow, someone asked me if they could work on the Rotax mod. As the Rotax is a two-man development, and we have a ton of ground to cover, adding a person to help us improve our final product is no doubt a valuable asset. However, when individuals take things and claim them as their own, it discourages me from wanting to create content. If I wanted to have my work stolen, why work on it in the first place. This is a petty argument, but it raises my concern for how PiBoSo addresses the insolent and abhorrent behavior of members. I have worked tirelessly on the newest edition of the Rotax for Beta 14, but releasing to a community of users who will modify and claim it as their own - How am I supposed to be motivated to make content for ungrateful users? EVO, who left this forum some time ago, was put off by the blatant disrespect. He was the member that I turned to in my first few weeks on this forum during 2012. There have been several times where his content, his unrelenting and devoted work on mods, have  been such valuable assets to the building of this simulator, yet here we are, and he is no longer part of our community because of blatant disregard for respect and moral actions. It's appalling that it has gotten to the point where users can openly steal, trash talk, curse, and attack other members without action. If tomorrow, a member of the PiBoSo forum called out noss69 and said that his tracks were terrible, cussed in his thread, and then posted a link to a stolen version of that track, how would the community react? The actions of members on the KRP forum would be handled much differently if it happened on the PiBoSo forum. Why are we allowing this to continue? As for my licensing, MRO was the one who contacted BRP, he lives in Italy, and was frequently at the Rotax tests at Lonato, where he was able to give me information regarding various aspects of the engine. Once again, it was a joint project, so if you attack me for not being licensed, you also attack MRO, which is unacceptable. I can't stop this from happening, but I really am disappointed with the blatant disregard for the rules and for moral high ground in this entire situation. It's shameful to be part of such a hostile environment, and embarrassing that all of this has gotten this far. Going back to what was stated earlier, changing one part of the engine curve is not changing the parameters. Far from it. TonyKartmini was banned permanently by PiBoSo for posting a link to Sarno and Ala Karting, claiming that they were both his works. The issue is that this group of members that have taken the Rotax and released it under their names have also taken content that was off of the SKWC website and released it under their own names. This isn't the first occurrence of them stealing my work. Mooresville Kart Track, a track I created specifically for the SKWC race last year, was one of the tracks they released as their own work. The same goes for a few other circuits. There is no motivation for me to make content for a community that will take and take, but never give respect. I have left these members alone, I have tried to maintain a "benefit of the doubt" approach to all of this, but more than anything, I just want to see them give respect. I don't have anything against them, and I don't want to have any more conflict, but they are perpetuating the problems by refusing to give up. It's pointless for me to argue anymore. I've presented all of the proof that the content is a blatant copy, yet PiBoSo ignores it, and so do they. This is shameful and embarrassing, and it's not being solved, which makes the entire situation worse. I'd like to begin modding for WRS and GPB, but this debacle erased any and all motivation to work. I took a month off of this forum, and came back to a train wreck. Everyone, just stop fighting. Please.

HornetMaX

@Birel-Rotax 42: your last post is the kind of post one expects from mature people. Kind of the first one in this whole discussion.

I don't "attack you/MRO" on the licensing thing, it was just a question and I take my hat off to you for asking permission (something that modders rarely do, even if it's probably easier to do it for karts than for bikes/cars).

I do understand your frustration in seeing your work being stolen and/or modified without permission: what I'm just saying is that, as a creator, you could have a much more relaxed approach to that.

You put out a mod (whenever you think it's fit enough to be shipped) to the community: from that moment on, it's out in the wild. If it's released to all the community, there's no reasont to steal it, so part of the problem is solved. Now, people may want to modify it: they should ask your permission, if they don't that's bad. If they take it and claim it's their creation that's extra bad and can be easily proven most of the time.
Why would that make you mad ? They are silly people, the web (and the world) is full of them. The community will be able to see that it's your creation: credit and esteem will be for you, surely not for them.

Mods in Piboso's games are not protected in any way: I think at the moment they should be treated more or less as open source software. Once the mod is out, it's public and people can alter it but they must credit the original author.

Notice that it is technically possible to protect the mods (e.g. in GPB the default bikes have sounds that are encrypted): some sort of encryption of all the mod files (including the .cfg and .ini) could give you some protection, up to a point at least.

To me that (encrypting mods) would be not so good however: sharing a mod is a way to show the others how you achieved the results. It's sharing knowledge. I value this a lot for a non-profit community.
But I have to say that most of the modders seems to be utterly jealous of their secrets (including some GPB modders), not sure why though ... probably ego. I find it funny because many of the things they know, they got them from somebody else (a previous modder, Piboso, ...).

In the end, all the modders have taken plenty of information from the kart/bikes/cars that Piboso has put in his games: he shared his knowledge, for the benefit of the game and community.

Leechers will be leechers, no matter if you make your mod private or public. The only difference is that if you make it private, part of the community will not see your mod (and may end up seeing only the leeched bad copy of it).

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

elliottbud

I don't think any of the main modders on this forum are secretive about how they make things, drkarter made a video on how to fully mod an engine. Birel-rotax always gives help to drkarter when they are on teamspeak and Cory Hayes has stated he is willing to make a full tutorial on how to make bodywork plus he's made an attempt to be transparent when solutions are presented to problems he hits (check th DAP kart post) and Max tadd also helps out birel-rotax and drkarter with stuff when they're on teamspeak together.

Also you can't really learn much from just looking at modded files, there isn't an explanation for stuff in the files like I really couldn't figure out how to make an engine dyno from looking at the file for it because what units would you use for it?

And I don't think either Corrie or drkarter are truly mad the content was taken definitely annoyed but not out right mad. From what drkarter was saying the other day it's piboso's lack of action to stop it and drkarter actually said the reason he used all that profanity was to attract piboso's attention which I mean obviously it did. Though neither him nor I think that actually justifies it and he said he accepts the ban I'm just saying. Also I think mod encryption would be good because you can't really learn about modding just going through files so at least it prevents people from taking stuff.

HornetMaX

Quote from: elliottbud on October 07, 2015, 04:51:01 PM
Also you can't really learn much from just looking at modded files, there isn't an explanation for stuff in the files like I really couldn't figure out how to make an engine dyno from looking at the file for it because what units would you use for it?
Well, that may be the case for you. In GPB when the physics has been shown unencrypted for the 1st time, some people figured out 90% of it without any explanation from Piboso. You have to have some technical knowledge of the stuff though.

The dyno is trivial stuff to figure out, unless one is still at high school (or is studying ancient history :) ).

MaX.

elliottbud

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 07, 2015, 05:15:41 PM
Quote from: elliottbud on October 07, 2015, 04:51:01 PM
Well, that may be the case for you. In GPB when the physics has been shown unencrypted for the 1st time, some people figured out 90% of it without any explanation from Piboso. You have to have some technical knowledge of the stuff though.

The dyno is trivial stuff to figure out, unless one is still at high school (or is studying ancient history :) ).

MaX.

True you can figure out stuff from looking at files and just trying things, but that doesn't require unencrypted mods. It requires an example file that is unencrypted not some one elses work because theoretically you can learn all your modding from piboso so no need to involve some other persons work. And yes the dyno is trivial but simply looking at it you wouldn't know that to the right of the comma needs to be torque in newton meters and you're never going to figure that out staring at it. and since it's relevant I'm in high school and pretty much all the other modders on this forum are either in it or just out so your implication that highschool is the cut off for knowing how to mod is a little insulting

PiBoSo

lluc215 banned for 15 days, too.
He was just insulting and nothing else.

HornetMaX

Quote from: elliottbud on October 07, 2015, 06:18:30 PM
And yes the dyno is trivial but simply looking at it you wouldn't know that to the right of the comma needs to be torque in newton meters and you're never going to figure that out staring at it.
Strange, because that is exactly what on GPB side has been figured out immediately by plenty.

and since it's relevant I'm in high school and pretty much all the other modders on this forum are either in it or just out so your implication that highschool is the cut off for knowing how to mod is a little insulting
It's not insulting, we all went to high school at some point. It's that, at least on GPB forum, there are plenty of people with quite decent knowledge of bikes, engines, chassis etc.
For this kind of people, what looks difficult to you is plain trivial.

Making a good mod (bike or kart) is surely much more than being able to find a dyno run or being able to create a nice 3d.
Fine tuning the physics is what takes time: it's there that sharing the knowledge will benefit to the community. Tere are plenty capable to work with 3ds, Maya, Blender or whatever.
There are much less that do understand how tyres work in KRP (just an example).

But it's OK for me you/your pals don't like to do that: it's just a pity for all the other KRP players and potential modders.
Personally I care little, I play only GPB.

Sop peace for me.You all can continue your personal war against the spaniards or whoever will do the same thing the next time.

MaX.

P.S.
The exchanges where someone proposed (and someone accepted) to sort the issue out with a race in KRP, Tupa vs SKWC, western style, is just hilarious.
I think it's no longer there (deleted), which is a true pity because it was a gem.

elliottbud

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 08, 2015, 12:16:27 AM
And yes the dyno is trivial but simply looking at it you wouldn't know that to the right of the comma needs to be torque in newton meters and you're never going to figure that out staring at it.
Strange, because that is exactly what on GPB side has been figured out immediately by plenty.

I highly doubt they figured that out by them selves but ok

and since it's relevant I'm in high school and pretty much all the other modders on this forum are either in it or just out so your implication that highschool is the cut off for knowing how to mod is a little insulting
It's not insulting, we all went to high school at some point. It's that, at least on GPB forum, there are plenty of people with quite decent knowledge of bikes, engines, chassis etc.
For this kind of people, what looks difficult to you is plain trivial.

Making a good mod (bike or kart) is surely much more than being able to find a dyno run or being able to create a nice 3d.
Fine tuning the physics is what takes time: it's there that sharing the knowledge will benefit to the community. Tere are plenty capable to work with 3ds, Maya, Blender or whatever.
There are much less that do understand how tyres work in KRP (just an example).

But it's OK for me you/your pals don't like to do that: it's just a pity for all the other KRP players and potential modders.
Personally I care little, I play only GPB.

Sop peace for me.You all can continue your personal war against the spaniards or whoever will do the same thing the next time.

MaX.

P.S.
The exchanges where someone proposed (and someone accepted) to sort the issue out with a race in KRP, Tupa vs SKWC, western style, is just hilarious.
I think it's no longer there (deleted), which is a true pity because it was a gem.

It's incredible you're so elitest about the GP-bikes forum, and you clearly have no familiarity with this forum. You talk about it as if you know it but clearly you don't, you act as if the modders only take their knowledge and hide but there's multiple case of modders showing people how to do things and offering help on stuff.

Regardless I don't even get what you're trying argue here. The 4 modders for this game (there are literally only 4)all mess with physics, tires and the like but they don't need to for an engine mod. Piboso has done the physics to a point that they are very accurate and as such the only modding that needs to be done is engine/kart with good 3d and a dyno because regardless of engine it doesn't affect the physics of how a kart drives it may affect handling cause of power and weight but you still wouldn't need to change the physics because in real life regardless of it being a shifter or a tag or a 100c engine the chassis doesn't need to change and is only affected by the engine.

I really dont see how this fact is even the slightest bit of a shame for the community nor do i see how modders current behavior in regards to what they mod is bad. There is no reason to develop physics mods and there's no real reason to mess with tires, it happens but non of it is ever released because its just banter. The only exception is the rotax mod which is getting custom tires.

Cory_Hayes

The only reason I'm not releasing the Dap/Vintage is because I don't want taddzy to have it.....
;) x

Chiimpus

Quote from: DRkarter97 on October 21, 2015, 02:37:07 AM
PS. Piboso made this a "a tiny and delicate [community]" when he ruined netcode, I made efforts to fix that  ::)

Hamilton44

So when's this SKWC vs KRP Spain race?

Fa Racing Kart

Quote from: Hamilton44 on October 23, 2015, 05:25:02 PM
So when's this SKWC vs KRP Spain race?
I think is not neccesary to do that race