• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:17:40 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Royal Rumble

Started by JesusRB, October 05, 2015, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusRB

Quote from: Xander Clements on October 06, 2015, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: Alfonso Gutierrez Garcia on October 06, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
If I remember correctly EVO said he was leaving because he could not stand to SKWC ...

Yeah....no you did not remember that correctly. Stop making wild accusations and go back to playing on your stolen mod.
WHY DID BANNED CORY?
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

Chiimpus

From DRKarter97:

I'm not going to sit here and try and explain to you why your moral arguments are wrong and not based in a correct understanding of how this works. But I will address this from a legal stand point. It's worth noting I'm not a lawyer but as a modder for multiple games I have picked up some minor things here and there for my safety and knowledge.  First off its irrelevant whether Corrie had a license or not (a lawyer could explain why) but one only needs to look at every other mod for every other game, as long as he is not making money off of it he doesn't need a license for it. Also through intellectual property rights permission is required to do anything to his mod, that's regardless of whether Corrie got a full copyright on his work (which would actually prevent legal trouble for him as he is trying to copyright nonlicensed content) The whole problem of people even editing others content is it reflects on the author not the editor, common users cannot differentiate between original work and editing if they do not have an understanding how to mod. Thus all complaints end up falling on the author even though it may have been a change made by the editor.

Just to touch on your realization that not all mods are released (im sure GP bikes has 100s) Mods are kept private for this reason right here, people steal and authors dont want their work being distrusted by someone not them also because WIP mods are being tested. As for the SKWC side of things, they're kept private for the sake of attracting attention to SKWC eventually when SKWC has competition from other series exclusive content is whats going to attract people.

LiamHatton

October 06, 2015, 07:46:40 PM #92 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:06:20 PM by LiamHatton
HERES TO THE FUTURE OF A DOOMED FORUM!!  :D

jk lol  ::) ::) ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Xander Clements on October 06, 2015, 04:13:05 PM\
MaX, we've lost many modders on the forum due to childish nonsense like this. Rather than "improving" on the engine model that Corrie made, these kids basically diminished it and I can see how that can be demeaning to
Corrie. He put a ton of hours into the engine, and rather than crediting him for his time, they'd much rather deny the fact and say they've come out with their own engine for a championship.
But if they've actually made it worse, where's the big trouble ?! It just shows they are not able to do what they pretend. It just shows Corrie's work was better and original.
In GPB we've never lost a modder (for this kind of reason at least): all the mods are public, problem avoided from the start.

Quote from: Xander Clements on October 06, 2015, 04:13:05 PM\
The Junior and Senior rotax models have only been distributed via the SKWC Website with member-only pages, where only I can approve members.
OK, but why ? if I try to join tomorrow (chipmunk@fakemail.com), how can you decide if I'm worth approving or not ?

Quote from: Xander Clements on October 06, 2015, 04:13:05 PM
As to PiBoSo, I don't see why you've let these kids run such a muck on your forums. They've managed to piss off nearly every active member and the only ones who can somewhat empathize are those who only come out once in a blue moon.
Not sure you were talking about me, but I do not empathize with them in any way: if they have indeed stolen it (and from the little I've seen it looks like they have), then that's bad. If on top they claim they've created it themselves, that's even worse. I just don't see what can be done.

Quote from: Chiimpus on October 06, 2015, 05:44:35 PM
From DRKarter97:

I'm not going to sit here and try and explain to you why your moral arguments are wrong and not based in a correct understanding of how this works. But I will address this from a legal stand point. It's worth noting I'm not a lawyer but as a modder for multiple games I have picked up some minor things here and there for my safety and knowledge.  First off its irrelevant whether Corrie had a license or not (a lawyer could explain why) but one only needs to look at every other mod for every other game, as long as he is not making money off of it he doesn't need a license for it. Also through intellectual property rights permission is required to do anything to his mod, that's regardless of whether Corrie got a full copyright on his work (which would actually prevent legal trouble for him as he is trying to copyright nonlicensed content) The whole problem of people even editing others content is it reflects on the author not the editor, common users cannot differentiate between original work and editing if they do not have an understanding how to mod. Thus all complaints end up falling on the author even though it may have been a change made by the editor.
The above makes little sense. These spanish kids are claiming they have done it: so how can the fact their mod is bad be falling on the original author ? Their (stolen and edited) mod sucks: how can this fall on the original author ?

I do understand the author being pissed off about the fact they use it without permission and claim it's their work, but if the fact is proven true, it will likely backfire on them.

Quote from: Chiimpus on October 06, 2015, 05:44:35 PM
Just to touch on your realization that not all mods are released (im sure GP bikes has 100s) Mods are kept private for this reason right here, people steal and authors dont want their work being distrusted by someone not them also because WIP mods are being tested. As for the SKWC side of things, they're kept private for the sake of attracting attention to SKWC eventually when SKWC has competition from other series exclusive content is whats going to attract people.
OK, now we're reaching the true answer to that: you make private content because somehow you have a private interest in it (promoting SKWC or whatever).
It's fine, just don't use other excuses like "it's private because it's WIP" or "it's private otherwise it gets stolen".

I know no private mod in GPB (and we currently have roughly 60 mod bikes and 120 mod tracks): the only one that went sort of private was from a guy that came, started ranting because he didn't get the kind of support he was looking for (from other modders), then self-proclaimed himself the best modder ever (and able to solve issues Piboso himself was unable to tackle, no less) and finally disappeared insulting the whole world. The heritage he left has been long forgotten. So in way, it is now private. Likely private to his own author.

Personal opinion here: making a private mod is bad. If Piboso had the same attitude, KRP would not be moddable at all.
I prefer to share and give/receive credit than keep private and police: it's just more effective for the community.

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

Xander Clements

In terms of approving accounts, I simply don't approve the ones I either don't know or don't want to have access. We've tried open mods and the response from those outside of our niche community has been horrid. In the past we have tried to act professional and kind to these KRP spain kids and time and time again they prove that they are not worthy of respect of any kind. Both on and off the forum they deserve a ban from the game as they do nothing but cause trouble with those who play and contribute to it the most.

JesusRB

you are the rotax evo!! and you dont share with the community. We do the rotax old for the community
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

elliottbud

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
you are the rotax evo!! and you dont share with the community. We do the rotax old for the community

No one made a rotax Evo you guys stole the minimax. also keep your stories straight dude

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:44:01 PM
I'm freaking, i never say that i do the engine!!

JesusRB

Quote from: elliottbud on October 06, 2015, 09:51:55 PM

No one made a rotax Evo you guys stole the minimax. also keep your stories straight dude

i dont do the 3d but we do the parameters
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

elliottbud

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:56:58 PM
Quote from: elliottbud on October 06, 2015, 09:51:55 PM

i dont do the 3d but we do the parameters

But thats not what you said first nor is that true about the parameters

elliottbud

JesusRB

TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

Xander Clements

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:57:44 PM
We dont do nothing fot the community

Saving that quote for later.

elliottbud

Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 10:00:03 PM
Quote from: elliottbud on October 06, 2015, 09:58:41 PM
Quote from: JesusRB on October 06, 2015, 09:57:44 PM
and look the rotax evo,

thats a model not an engine
We dont do nothing fot the community

Oh so close try again

Hugo Hernandez

But you 're talking about that we are children.
If you you have as much 15 years

JesusRB

We won't do nothing for the community
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi