• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:55:00 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Royal Rumble

Started by JesusRB, October 05, 2015, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fa Racing Kart

I don't have nothing here I didn't cree the engine the championship nothing but did you put copyright? If you don't put it it's legal 100 per 100 if you put it I am not craig this and I don't know if its your modelo or no

LiamHatton

Copyright or not, it should not be used without permission.

I'm sure Corrie has put a read-me in with the mod not to copy the mod in any way,

That being said, I think you guys should grow a set and own up to copying the mod and put this to bed!

I have sent multiple PM's to PiBoSo to adress the issue with them stealing the mod as quick as possible however nothing has happened.

:-\

HornetMaX

But where is the BIG problem if they have "stolen" the model ?

I mean, yes it's not right and yes it's very wrong to say they created it if they didn't, true.
But in the grand scheme of things, what is the big deal about that ? What are people searching for ? A punishment ?
Are you asking Piboso to be the "mod" police ? He clearly can't do that.

BTW, to me, the very idea to create a mod for KRP and then not distributing it to everybody is a bit disturbing.
Yes it's the creator's right to do so, but still ... In GPB, which has plenty of mods (dozens of bikes and more than 100 tracks) I've never ever seen a "private" mod.

Even more, once a mod is published, for me it is more or less public: if somebody wants to build on it (improve it, change it) I don't see any good reason not to allow him/her.
It would be polite to ask permission to the original author, but as far as there's no license (GPL, MIT or similar) attached to the creation, then ...

Final note: did the original creator of the model in question ask the permission to create it to the kart/engine maker ? Because you know, legally ...

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

Tr!st@n

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2015, 01:20:21 PM

I mean, yes it's not right and yes it's very wrong to say they created it if they didn't, true.
But in the grand scheme of things, what is the big deal about that ? What are people searching for ? A punishment ?

BTW, to me, the very idea to create a mod for KRP and then not distributing it to everybody is a bit disturbing.
Yes it's the creator's right to do so, but still ... In GPB, which has plenty of mods (dozens of bikes and more than 100 tracks) I've never ever seen a "private" mod.

Even more, once a mod is published, for me it is more or less public: if somebody wants to build on it (improve it, change it) I don't see any good reason not to allow him/her.
It would be polite to ask permission to the original author, but as far as there's no license (GPL, MIT or similar) attached to the creation, then ...

Final note: did the original creator of the model in question ask the permission to create it to the kart/engine maker ? Because you know, legally ...

MaX.
I can see your thoughts, but i think this is more about PiBoSo's wrong decisions. I think it's clear now that we won't see the M6 bodywork as a public mod now, just because Ian was saying that these guys stole a mod without permission. I mean, this is not the first time that this group of people are nearly destroying the forum. Corrie himself even clearly showed that it is stolen by simple facrs without insulting anybody. What do you want more to see who is at fault here?
Tristan
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Cory_Hayes

MaX.

There are private mods in KRP because they have been WIP's for a certain period of time, and people have been pushing and pushing the modders basically demanding they release the mod, or asking over and over after the modder has stated that the mod won't be done for a while because they are actually trying to make it nice or what ever....

PiBoSo

Quote from: LiamHatton on October 06, 2015, 11:43:56 AM
I have sent multiple PM's to PiBoSo to adress the issue with them stealing the mod as quick as possible however nothing has happened.

???
Only one message was sent about this issue, yesterday. And it didn't include any reference about who stole what from whom.

LiamHatton

October 06, 2015, 02:10:05 PM #81 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:12:54 PM by LiamHatton
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 06, 2015, 01:57:58 PM
Quote from: LiamHatton on October 06, 2015, 11:43:56 AM

???
Only one message was sent about this issue, yesterday. And it didn't include any reference about who stole what from whom.

Really?
The others had more detail but they must not have sent properly as my net was playing up.

my bad ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Tr!st@n on October 06, 2015, 01:40:56 PM
What do you want more to see who is at fault here?
But once we've all established Mr.X is at fault, what have we gained ?!
You want them what ? Banned from the forum ? As if it was hard to create another account ...
Let's assume we all agree they have stolen it: now what ? Is anybody better off ?

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on October 06, 2015, 01:45:59 PM
There are private mods in KRP because they have been WIP's for a certain period of time, and people have been pushing and pushing the modders basically demanding they release the mod, or asking over and over after the modder has stated that the mod won't be done for a while because they are actually trying to make it nice or what ever....
Hmmm ... I though some content is reserved for SKWC. So is it private because it is WIP or is there another reason ? I mean, if it's good enough to be used for an organised championship, it must be not that WIP ...

Anyway, you want to make it "private" you'll have people trying to get it, one way or the other. You can count on that.
So if you want to be on the safe side, you'll have to do more than putting a .txt with "please don't copy me". I mean, people get away stealing thousands dollars software everyday ...

And I haven't heard an answer to my question:

MaX.

Birel-Rotax 42

MaX.
MRO and I were working together side by side with BRP/Rotax. We had all of the logistics completely finished. The reason this is unacceptable is because it is an inaccurate representation of my modeling ability. I don't care that they have a Minimax from late 2013, early 2014. It's the fact that they are claiming it as their own, which is immoral and inexcusable. The reason behind the SKWC getting distribution rights was because they were using the Senior and Junior engines, which were modeled to a better standard and were a much cleaner and professional package, compared to the Minimax. There is nothing wrong with a few kids asking permission to use content that is outdated and not up to my current standards of work, but they never asked. I would love to see this community thrive, but that's not happening while all this is going on. Finally, PiBoSo permanently banned TonyKartmini for stealing and releasing content as his own. PiBoSo permanently banned him. All I am asking for is some consistency in how PiBoSo addresses these issues. Also, as far as copyright, I have intellectual property rights, including all of the dynos, engine creation, and model. Thanks for your concern, just trying to clear up some of the fuzziness that you see in this situation.
   -Corrie

JesusRB

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on October 06, 2015, 02:53:40 PM

MaX.
MRO and I were working together side by side with BRP/Rotax. We had all of the logistics completely finished. The reason this is unacceptable is because it is an inaccurate representation of my modeling ability. I don't care that they have a Minimax from late 2013, early 2014. It's the fact that they are claiming it as their own, which is immoral and inexcusable. The reason behind the SKWC getting distribution rights was because they were using the Senior and Junior engines, which were modeled to a better standard and were a much cleaner and professional package, compared to the Minimax. There is nothing wrong with a few kids asking permission to use content that is outdated and not up to my current standards of work, but they never asked. I would love to see this community thrive, but that's not happening while all this is going on. Finally, PiBoSo permanently banned TonyKartmini for stealing and releasing content as his own. PiBoSo permanently banned him. All I am asking for is some consistency in how PiBoSo addresses these issues. Also, as far as copyright, I have intellectual property rights, including all of the dynos, engine creation, and model. Thanks for your concern, just trying to clear up some of the fuzziness that you see in this situation.
   -Corrie
first, I didn't do the engine but i don't say i do the engine.
my friends and my do the track and paint for the community, you are mods only for you. and finally sorry for do the paint and track is shit. but doesn't for private

Sorry for my english

JesusRB
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

HornetMaX

It's the fact that they are claiming it as their own, which is immoral and inexcusable.
Agree with that, of course.

The reason behind the SKWC getting distribution rights was because they were using the Senior and Junior engines, which were modeled to a better standard and were a much cleaner and professional package, compared to the Minimax.
But are the Sr and Jr engines available to any KRP player or not ? It's still unclear to me.

Also, as far as copyright, I have intellectual property rights, including all of the dynos, engine creation, and model. Thanks for your concern, just trying to clear up some of the fuzziness that you see in this situation.
Just to be sure I understand you right: you have a written permission from BRP/Rotax to do what you've done ? Or you "simply" mean you created anything from scratch so you own (are the creator of) the result ?

Just out of curiosity: what's the "intellectual property on a dyno run" ?!?!

MaX.

Tr!st@n

Quote from: lluc215 on October 06, 2015, 03:51:01 PM
claro que si champions
Please dont start with the ignorant "I write in spanish now so they dont understand me but i can still make useless comments" again. You did that before.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Xander Clements

MaX, we've lost many modders on the forum due to childish nonsense like this. Rather than "improving" on the engine model that Corrie made, these kids basically diminished it and I can see how that can be demeaning to Corrie. He put a ton of hours into the engine, and rather than crediting him for his time, they'd much rather deny the fact and say they've come out with their own engine for a championship.

The Junior and Senior rotax models have only been distributed via the SKWC Website with member-only pages, where only I can approve members. Often times these kids would sign up and ask why they are not approved, and this thread shows my reasoning as to why they will never be allowed in my league.

As to PiBoSo, I don't see why you've let these kids run such a muck on your forums. They've managed to piss off nearly every active member and the only ones who can somewhat empathize are those who only come out once in a blue moon.

Hugo Hernandez

If I remember correctly EVO said he was leaving because he could not stand to SKWC ...

Xander Clements

Quote from: Alfonso Gutierrez Garcia on October 06, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
If I remember correctly EVO said he was leaving because he could not stand to SKWC ...

Yeah....no you did not remember that correctly. Stop making wild accusations and go back to playing on your stolen mod.