• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:48 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

help!

Started by Fa Racing Kart, August 24, 2015, 05:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fa Racing Kart

Does someone create tyres for kart racing pro? Where are them? He many engines are create (I have x30, leopard) and I don't know if there are more? Where can I download dashes? Also airbox? Thanks

HornetMaX

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 24, 2015, 05:26:43 PM
Tyres have to be connected to engines so unless engines have them they don't exist.
Uh ?! What do you mean exactly ?

As far as I know, tyre files are separate from anything else.

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

HornetMaX

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 24, 2015, 05:47:48 PM
For a modded tire to be of use in the game they have to be connected to an engine to show up in game as useable on a kart that is running that engine other wise you've just got a tire mod in your folder that will do nothing.
As far as I can see the tyre models just have to be referenced from the kart .cfg file, not from the engine (which wouldn't make any sense).

MaX.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 26, 2015, 02:53:43 PM
For a modded tire to be of use in the game they have to be connected to an engine to show up in game as useable on a kart that is running that engine other wise you've just got a tire mod in your folder that will do nothing.
As far as I can see the tyre models just have to be referenced from the kart .cfg file, not from the engine (which wouldn't make any sense).

MaX.

I think everyone is talking about different things, Ian is meaning tyre physics, ( I think ), I will let him clear that up, but you can just replace the standard piboso tyre visual model with your own.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on August 26, 2015, 04:20:08 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 26, 2015, 02:53:43 PM

I think everyone is talking about different things, Ian is meaning tyre physics, ( I think ), I will let him clear that up, but you can just replace the standard piboso tyre visual model with your own.
I was talking about the physics too: when I said the "model" I meant the "physical model" (i.e. the "Pacejka Magic Formula" model, in the .tyre files), not the 3d model that you see in game.

MaX.

HornetMaX

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 26, 2015, 11:53:18 PM
What tire you run is edited in a file for karts that then correspond to a specific engine, like the Leopard runs Mediums even though its off the KF3 chassis. So i think were talking about the same thing. Im simply telling alex that tire mods only work if an engine like the Leopard is released with the tire so that the tires are connected to something.
And that's exactly where I disagree.

Take the "l_kf3" kart: in the file l_kf3.cfg you'll find that it "points' to the chassis, engine and tyres models. So one assigns tyres (and other stuff) to a kart, not to an engine.

If I have a new tyre model and I want it to appear in a kart, I have to edit the kart file, not the engine file used by that kart.

Don't know, maybe we're saying the same thing but ...

MaX.

HornetMaX

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 27, 2015, 10:50:17 PM
you're exactly right about that  but the kart file has to be connected to an engine. Which is why im saying since no engine mod has them they dont exist.  I suppose you could yes create a tire mod then explain to people how what needs to be edited in the kart cfg file for the mod to work but if they did manage to pull that off theyd probably be confused about why multiplayer doesnt exist
The multiplayer won't exist even if you "connected a tyre mod to an engine" (whatever that means).

Steps to have new tyres (including online):

• Create new tyre model.
  • Create a new "modded" kart and reference the tyre model from there. It could be a "copy" of an existing kart (only difference being the added tyre models).
  • Install the "modded" kart on the server.
  • Install the "modded" kart on the clients.

No manipulation of engines necessary.

MaX.

Tr!st@n

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 28, 2015, 12:32:30 PM
Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 27, 2015, 10:50:17 PM
you're exactly right about that  but the kart file has to be connected to an engine. Which is why im saying since no engine mod has them they dont exist.  I suppose you could yes create a tire mod then explain to people how what needs to be edited in the kart cfg file for the mod to work but if they did manage to pull that off theyd probably be confused about why multiplayer doesnt exist
The multiplayer won't exist even if you "connected a tyre mod to an engine" (whatever that means).

Steps to have new tyres (including online):

• Create new tyre model.
  • Create a new "modded" kart and reference the tyre model from there. It could be a "copy" of an existing kart (only difference being the added tyre models).
  • Install the "modded" kart on the server.
  • Install the "modded" kart on the clients.

No manipulation of engines necessary.

MaX.
I think that's what Ian means. But i guess what hes saying is that they would usually come with a new engine, because that's more likely than a "copy" of a standard kart.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

HornetMaX

You're persisting, but it's still wrong: tyre are attached to karts, not to engines. Why saying you need them attached to an engine ? It's just confusing for the newcomers.

The fact that a "modded" kart won't work online is irrelevant (and btw is only true if the online server does not have the modded kart, of course).
If somebody here is knowledgeable enough to work on tyre models (and that's far from trivial), then he/she could work on a new tyre model, give it around for testing (even if offline only) and when good enough it could become a "proper" mod (e.g. you could have kart "XYZ" and kart "XYZ-with-super-duper-tyres"), if not part of KRP officially, if good enough. Engines have little to do with that.

MaX.

HornetMaX

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 28, 2015, 10:44:20 PM
and karts are attached to engines.
Engines and many other things. The main point is that the top-most entity (the root), is the kart, not the engine.

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 28, 2015, 10:44:20 PM
i mean honestly all im saying is they are most viable as parts of engine mods or as kart mods for a league other wise you're using say a kf3 with special tires people try and join and it doesn't work and they dont know why and so the mod is useless and people are confused. I agreed they can be done as a stand alone mods but they aren't viable.
They are viable as part of kart mods, not engine mods.

MaX.