• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:51:16 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Super One 2015 Track Package?

Started by j0e, June 09, 2015, 06:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e

Hi guys, doing Super One in Minimax this year, but some of the tracks we are racing at in the next few months we haven't been to before so want to get to know the track a bit before we go, does anyone know where i could get someone to make me a Super One track package with all the Super One tracks this year such as Llandow, Glan Y Gors etc...?. :)
A1 Racing KRP Team.

Taddzy

i would like to see some of these tracks!! i have asked about them before but no one seams to be willing to do them to a good quality (good textures, acurate layouts and good details)
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

j0e

I would offer money for someone willing to do the tracks to a very good standard!
A1 Racing KRP Team.

Birel-Rotax 42

I can make these tracks for you, but I will work at $10 an hour. You can investigate my portfolio and view my work if you like. Circuits like Supernats have over 200 hours of work in them, while circuits like Moran/Mooresville (while still very good quality circuits) have only 80-100 hours invested. Circuits like Ferrari/Dubai are more in the range of 60-70 hours.

Best of luck!

Hugo Hernandez

j0e

Hugoooo! Hi, would you let me join back into Tupa soon? :)
A1 Racing KRP Team.

Hugo Hernandez

Say it to Jesus. He's the admin of tupa

Taddzy

Quote from: j0e on June 09, 2015, 09:48:31 PM
I would offer money for someone willing to do the tracks to a very good standard!

The S1 boys showing there cash :P haha jokes

with the fact im racing at llandow for the welsh champs in next weekend and i may be able to see if i can get a gps thing for a mychon so we can get some track data to go toward the creation of the track!! i can also get close up pics that will help with minor details and other things (go around the track getting pics from many angles)

this is if joe is willing to pay someone to make the track ofc and i can help out with the thing mentioned above
Senior TKM

Taddzy

Quote from: DRkarter97 on June 09, 2015, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: Max Tadd on June 09, 2015, 07:22:47 PM
i would like to see some of these tracks!! i have asked about them before but no one seams to be willing to do them to a good quality (good textures, acurate layouts and good details)

That reason being there is no incentive to put the insane amount of effort into producing tracks unless someone is offering money or something besides "they're good tracks and I like them" -Every track request ever. No one wants to do tracks they've never raced unless they're world class FIA level tracks of which none of these are (they may be FIA approved or have some sort of licensing but WSK doesn't travel to Britian)

just like to mention the CIK European Karting Champs are coming to the uk next weekend at PFI
Senior TKM

j0e

Somebody needs to update PFi as the new kerbs are about 2 tenths slower as you have to go round them not use them as a ramp haha :P
A1 Racing KRP Team.

Taddzy

Quote from: DRkarter97 on June 10, 2015, 02:40:52 PM
Quote from: Max Tadd on June 10, 2015, 02:11:45 PM
Quote from: DRkarter97 on June 09, 2015, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: Max Tadd on June 09, 2015, 07:22:47 PM

That reason being there is no incentive to put the insane amount of effort into producing tracks unless someone is offering money or something besides "they're good tracks and I like them" -Every track request ever. No one wants to do tracks they've never raced unless they're world class FIA level tracks of which none of these are (they may be FIA approved or have some sort of licensing but WSK doesn't travel to Britian)

just like to mention the CIK European Karting Champs are coming to the uk next weekend at PFI
Surprising that they're going to the only track in all of the UK that has kerbs that are actually painted. The point still stands someone made PFI but no one is out of the blue going to make a ratchet potato track there has to be incentive.

just ti clarify alot of the tracks in the uk have painted kerbs!! common ian what you race on isnt even made for kart!!
Senior TKM

Birel-Rotax 42

I expect to be paid a reasonable amount for my work. Minimum wage around the United States is averaging just over $9, and that is for unskilled labor. Working in Graphic Design, modeling, and whatnot, is NOT unskilled labor, sorry to say. If I spend 200 hours producing a circuit, I expect payment equal to my quality of work. Blake, observe my portfolio, the quality of my work, and what I have done with minimal time investment. Other mod creators, like LauZzZn, Marco Dakic, EVO, Artiz, Schwoni, and all other talented creators have produced very high-quality creations. However, they charged good money for quality circuits. Supply and demand dictate the price. If the original poster wants a quality circuit that not only supports the community's modders, but also has a finished product that is indicative of 200+ hours spent in development, then he can pay that rate. Several other modders on this site have given recommendations for users to come to me for circuit creation. If you don't want to pay for quality work, don't pay it. Also, don't be an ass, Blake. You haven't done anything positive for the community other than insult users and viciously attack modders who are asking reasonable prices. Maybe when you have shown your worth in this setting then your input will be valued, but as of now you have very prominently shown your ignorance to the entire community.

A note to the OP: tracks like PFI are of paramount interest to me - it's a world renowned circuit which I would be incredibly interested in replicating, as the current version is inaccurate in the bridge extension. I am also interested in other Super One curcuits, and payment is less of a factor if there is the inclusion of pictures, GPS data, feedback, etc. Point being that the price will decrease as YOUR involvement increases - $500 would be reasonable if the communication and feedback is very good. Do as you wish, but if you would like to examine my portfolio of work, you can make a judgment from that rather than Blake's rather rash and immature statement. Best of luck in S1!