• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:18 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

@f100 Lonato SETUP

Started by queiroz08, March 05, 2015, 03:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queiroz08

This is my setup for F100 , 42.3 did with him but to turn the lower. I did not give many laps yet ..

FRONT
RIDE HEIGH: 2,5 CM
TRACK WIDTH=1190MM

REAR
RIDE HEIGH: 2,5CM
TRACK WEIDTH= 1400MM

FINAL DRIVER RATIO
FRONT = 11
REAR = 90

CHASSIS
AXLE -50 MEDIUM

ENGINE
CARBURATOR =2
RADIATOR = 30%

atomed

Thanks for sharing. What do you think about tire pressure?

Tr!st@n

Quote from: atomed on June 10, 2015, 10:22:11 AM
Thanks for sharing. What do you think about tire pressure?
That also depends on the weather adjustments.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

atomed

I see, any general rule or guidance? The more wet or cold, the lower the pressure?

Tr!st@n

Quote from: atomed on June 10, 2015, 12:01:16 PM
I see, any general rule or guidance? The more wet or cold, the lower the pressure?
The exact opposite, the colder the more pressure. You have to try whats good for you.

atomed

I see, thanks for the tip.

Tr!st@n

Quote from: atomed on June 10, 2015, 06:31:20 PM
I see, thanks for the tip.
I would do a training session with you, but the game doesnt allow that at the moment  :-\

atomed

Thanks anyway, I appreciate it. I´m not looking for big times, just a little bit of control. I love KRP, but I don´t know what I´m doing wrong that I can´t get it done.

queiroz08

Ideally you find a tire temperature which does not stick so as not to lose engine speed ! Finding the middle ground ! Remember that the higher the pressure will stick more . But this is also relative. ;) ;) ;)

atomed

I see, you always have same pressure front and rear? What I´ve learnt is that tyre pressure is one delicate thing that changes everything in your kart. Anyway, with your setup and low tyre pressures I´m making 45.0s in Lonato...I know it´s not 42.0s but I´m really happy keeping the kart balanced and under control, so thanks again for sharing!

queiroz08

Many pilots use the same pressure I personally one pound less on the back for the fact pull ! Yes , the pressure changes the entire car , very interesting to explore as well the tires.

Tr!st@n

The pressure and temperature of the warm tyre are more important and helpful. Please keep that in mind while finding your setup.

atomed

So, how do you get that concept of warm pressure applied to the setup setting?
And as example, because I know each one has his own style and taste, I´m using 0.55 both rear and front soft tyres in Lonato at 20ºC with no wind. Is it too low? Because it´s the best feeling I´m getting.

blake_hunt

Quote from: atomed on June 18, 2015, 07:06:49 PM
And as example, because I know each one has his own style and taste, I´m using 0.55 both rear and front soft tyres in Lonato at 20ºC with no wind. Is it too low? Because it´s the best feeling I´m getting.

You can never be too low
Kartsport FA - Rok/X30 Senior - Mooresville, NC

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

Tr!st@n

Quote from: blake_hunt on June 18, 2015, 10:05:25 PM
Quote from: atomed on June 18, 2015, 07:06:49 PM

You can never be too low
:o Are you serious or is that a joke? Of course you can be! What usually happens then is that because of the fact that the tires dont provide enough grip the kart starts sliding and because of that the tire temperature increases drastically. --> The pressure raises suddenly.