• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:48:27 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Carburetor/Radiator/Idle

Started by Piotrek, July 08, 2014, 11:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piotrek

Hello,

I am new to KRP and have a few Problems with the setup. Many things i learn ehre from the Forum.

But i dont understand what an influence have carburetor/Radiator and Idle.

Also sprockets are difficult cause i dont know what happen if i change the front or the rear :/

If anyone could find a Short explanation i would thankful :)

And sorry for my Bad english :(

fmaisonnave

The front and rear sprocket affects to speed, at the right in configuration it says the top speed, radiator you have to be in 50 degrees you close it or open it to have the temperature desired,  and carb you have to use it in 2 or 3 depending the weather

Piotrek

Hi,

thanks for reply   :D

"radiator you have to be in 50 degrees you close it or open it to have the temperature desired"
So the engine temperature have to be 50 degrees? Radiator: Mor open more power but also more temperature, is it right ?

"The front and rear sprocket affects to speed"
If i want to optimize my gear ratio (better rpm at turn exit), should i have to change first the front or the rear, whats better ?

"and carb you have to use it in 2 or 3 depending the weather"
2 carb = more power but only useable with cool weahter cause the engine heats up ?

So many questions  ;D .... sorry for that  and one more: Thanks!

Tr!st@n

Hi,
the carb settings will make your fuel mixture more rich or lean (use Google to understand that). The higher the number, the higher your needle will sit. The higher the needle sits, the more rich your mixture gets (so moe fuel, less air). Te more lean an engine is set up (that means the more air it has), the better is it`s performance. Bt you shouldn`t go too lean. (as i said, read it on Google, because i cant explain in englisch ;D).
Te radiator cools down yor water temperature.he optimum water temp depends on weather and engine you use. You can open and close it while driving, look in the settings menu.
The front sprocket will do bigger changes to your acceleration/topspeed. More tooth on front=more topspeed, less accelleration. Rear sprocket will do smaller adjustments but there is: the more tooth on the REAR, the more acceleration and the less top speed. So if your rpm on corner exits is too small, you can add two tooth on the rear and try again. It has to be a good mixture of acceleration and topspeed.
Idle is just the rpm that the engine holds when standing and no throttle used. ;)
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior